Odyssey Works Putters Preview

I could not resist and purchased the V-line! It really does put smooth. Now it's a matter of figuring out speed at its a big change going from a #1 Milled Metal X to a 350g putter.

I put the 1w back in my bag after a 10 round experiment with a Ping Cadence Anser Wide, the Odyssey Works rules - putting average has improved 24% in 5 rounds. Love this putter so much I bought 2 of them.

I put the 1w back in my bag after a 10 round experiment with a Ping Cadence Anser Wide, the Odyssey Works rules - putting average has improved 24% in 5 rounds. Love this putter so much I bought 2 of them.

I was in between the #7 and the #1w. The #1w is such a good option

I was in between the #7 and the #1w. The #1w is such a good option

I have the Versa 1w and never was tempted to change until the Works came out. I'm a big fan of how the insert feels and was sold.

V line is still on my radar. Have to find a store to feel it. But I have seen some good deals on metal x milled as well. So my mind is in pondering mode. Insert or milled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love seeing all the V Line love, I have a feeling that will be the one that has the most interest from me when I go through the process, but I'm trying to keep an open mind, even open to going non Tank!

Getting ready to give up on my 1W and going back to my Scotty......Just can't seem to dial it in distance wise like my Scotty...Damn it,,,,I really wanted to like this putter!!!!!!!

Had my first session with my 2 ball fang the other day. Was super comfortable from 10-15 feet, struggled with distance beyond that, but somehow managed to make a couple 40+ footers in a row. It's a really different feel coming from the versa or metal x milled for me, but also because its the first mallet i've used in over a year (and first 2 ball ever). That said, I had a lot of fun with it, and the feedback when not hitting square was instant. Hoping to get a proper round in this weekend and really put it to the test.

Rare CS goodness from Odyssey

5 rounds in with the 2-Ball Fang and I'm still loving it. So far so good.

^^
the works is the first 2 ball I have used that fit my eye. And it has been really great on the course

I've squeezed in 5 holes twice before work this week and both time had nothing more than a two putt, which is good for me. Will be going out tomorrow morning for a full 18, excited to use the V line for the whole round.

I was rolling a 1w tonight at the PGASS and I was quite surprised how much I liked it. Might have to search one out someday.

Was killing time at the PGA SS yesterday and rolled one of these in the 1w and 1w tank...loved the tank version.

Made it out for 18 today. Had 2 three putts, 2 one putts, and 14 two putts which is a good set of numbers for me. Never once have I felt like I'm hitting the ball instead just smoothly swinging through the spot where the ball was. Did leave one short, beats the 7-8 I usually leave short. Between the weight of the head, the SS grip and the insert it just feels right! All of my missed putts still left me no more than 3-4' feet past, left or right of the hole, just flat out miss read them.

First round in with the Works Versa #7. Came away with mixed feelings. The putter sets up great and has a great feel in my hands. It's fantastic as distance putts, and although I didn't make any of them, putts over 20' felt very easy to judge.

The biggest thing hurting me today was how fast off the face putts with this are 10' and under. Not necessarily a bad thing, as that was what the fusion RX insert was made to do, but it's something I will need to get used to.

Had the #7 in play today and putted very well. Distance control was there and inside of 10ft was automatic it seemed. Missed putts were bad reads or pace issue and nothing to do with the putter. Starting to dial this one in and is the perfect combo of my MXM & TC cruiser.

All this #7 talk. Ugh.

I went with my dad to help him pick out a new putter for his birthday last week. He was just about set on getting a new works versa v-line before even trying anything. He tried just about all the new works putters and some others and it came down to the works v-line and the works #7 versa. I noticed that he aimed better and was more consistent with the #7. So that is what he ended up getting. I think we were both a little surprised that the #7 ended up being the winner. It is really different than anything he is used to.

I went with my dad to help him pick out a new putter for his birthday last week. He was just about set on getting a new works versa v-line before even trying anything. He tried just about all the new works putters and some others and it came down to the works v-line and the works #7 versa. I noticed that he aimed better and was more consistent with the #7. So that is what he ended up getting. I think we were both a little surprised that the #7 ended up being the winner. It is really different than anything he is used to.

The way the #7 shape sets up at address is the best out there right now IMO if you want any mallet type putter.

So this is interesting...I was using a chrome soft yesterday in my first round with the new works, and it was coming off the face very hot on short putts. So I went home and tried putting with a Srixon XV side by side with a Chrome Soft and it was much more manageable. Not sure why, but the softer cover balls I have all came off really fast, while the harder cover balls I have all seemed fine. Not sure if I'm crazy or that's the actual case, but maybe that had more to do with it than the putter itself. I need the course right by work to open their practice putting green so I can get out with this thing daily.

Back