Odyssey Works Putters Preview

And no doubt many will. I'm just used to a heavier putter, 365-375 gm range. I think the stock works (non tank) & big T are 345? So for me personally, I was all over the place putting until I got the right weight added via lead tape

Mike, could you post a picture of where you applied the tape? I've never taped a club before, curious how tape position might come into play as far as releasing the club head

And no doubt many will. I'm just used to a heavier putter, 365-375 gm range. I think the stock works (non tank) & big T are 345? So for me personally, I was all over the place putting until I got the right weight added via lead tape

Yep, I get away with it because I love that head weight. It seems head weight is often overlooked

Mike, could you post a picture of where you applied the tape? I've never taped a club before, curious how tape position might come into play as far as releasing the club head

Sure, I'll snap a pick at lunch

I am interested what are ones thoughts on roll and distance control from the WHP to the Works insert?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I am interested what are ones thoughts on roll and distance control from the WHP to the Works insert?

I've got a TC #1W (WHP) and a #7CH (works) and I'd say the works does get the ball moving quicker, but nothing that I've struggled with adjusting to. I think initially it is a shock and you will roll balls past, but as you acclimate you'll see you don't need as big of a swing to get your distance and will ultimately be in more control with the works.

Here you go. Stock it's 350gm & I see the rule of thumb that every inch of lead tape is 2gm (not scientific just what I was told). I have 4 strips at roughly 3 1/2" each in length which puts it close to 375gm. Again I haven't weighed it, but it feels good for me and has helped with my distance control.

4119c4ca18a142cfeb2989ca8e34aa6b.jpg

I've got a TC #1W (WHP) and a #7CH (works) and I'd say the works does get the ball moving quicker, but nothing that I've struggled with adjusting to. I think initially it is a shock and you will roll balls past, but as you acclimate you'll see you don't need as big of a swing to get your distance and will ultimately be in more control with the works.

What Neb said. It rolls quicker off the Fusion insert, which is what it is designed to do, but it didn't take long to adjust to. I found that once I went to the Fusion, it was hard to go back to the WHP. The roll is better and distance control after a few putts was great. I love my Big T #5 and have no problem bouncing between that and my other non insert putters.

Thank you Neb for the reply,like I was thinking it will take some adjustments but I like the colours on the Works. The 1W has my attention as well but rolled the V line so well in the past. Next time I am in GT I may need to put them head to head. I appreciate your input

Here you go. Stock it's 350gm & I see the rule of thumb that every inch of lead tape is 2gm (not scientific just what I was told). I have 4 strips at roughly 3 1/2" each in length which puts it close to 375gm. Again I haven't weighed it, but it feels good for me and has helped with my distance control.

Thanks Mike! Yup, that's where I figured the tape would go. I just got back from GS and rolled the Works V-Line, WHP V-Line, Pro Tank 7, Works 9, Cleveland SS and Ping Ketsch. I did find the Works V-Line put the best and most consistent roll on for me but it was a tad on the light side (350g). Experimenting with tape would be a must.
I liked the feel of the ball coming off the face too, in between a solid face and a softer insert.

Thanks Mike! Yup, that's where I figured the tape would go. I just got back from GS and rolled the Works V-Line, WHP V-Line, Pro Tank 7, Works 9, Cleveland SS and Ping Ketsch. I did find the Works V-Line put the best and most consistent roll on for me but it was a tad on the light side (350g). Experimenting with tape would be a must.
I liked the feel of the ball coming off the face too, in between a solid face and a softer insert.

I honestly think lead tape is the answer and will make it roll/feel even better (if that's possible)

Personally, I moved from the Versa 2 ball to the Works model. It just felt so much smoother on contact, and seemed to be a bit more stable. Plus, I love the matching Odyssey coin I got to go with it! Really sweet look!

Not only that, but it is the PERFECT slogan to use as my lucky chip when hitting the craps table!!

Feel, meet roll! WORKS EVERY TIME!!!

I'm wondering why the #9 comes with a mallet headcover instead of a blade. Bought one of CPO and thought it would come with the blade cover.

I do really like the way it rolls though. very smooth and the insert is phenomenal. I really like they added the sight line along with the versa scheme and I am really starting to get comfortable with getting the ball on line consistently.

I'm wondering why the #9 comes with a mallet headcover instead of a blade. Bought one of CPO and thought it would come with the blade cover.

I do really like the way it rolls though. very smooth and the insert is phenomenal. I really like they added the sight line along with the versa scheme and I am really starting to get comfortable with getting the ball on line consistently.

Thats odd. My #9 came with a blade. Even my 6M came with a blade head cover. I wonder if they just got them mixed up? I wonder if they would swap it for you if you just emailed or called?

on the website, both the normal Odyssey and preowned, the putter has a mallet cover. I did call to get them switched and they just sent a generic headcover instead of the works one.

Wow that is interesting! I looked up a couple of the #9s and some are mallet and some are blade. Good catch.

I love the look of the Works 2 Ball Fang lined at address, can't wait to try it out on the course, once this silly snow melts!

I love the look of the Works 2 Ball Fang lined at address, can't wait to try it out on the course, once this silly snow melts!

My setup exactly. And it's so easy to line up putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite interested in trying out a fusion rx insert. What model suits a slight arc putting stroke ? V line looks good to me, but is this more suited for straight back and straight through stroke ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I just picked up a #1 off the bay. Had some ebay bucks to spend and found one at a good price. Got it in the 33 inch but I will have to swap out the grip to a SS when I get it. Read alot of good reviews on it and really like the look.

Just picked up a Tank 7 from maplehillgc on eBay. Had the Versa Works version and felt so stable and easy to putt. Regret getting rid of it but extremely excited to try out the O Works version of it!

My dad has that. It is nice. Love that look too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Just purchased ... MINT used condition ... Like some others in the thread, I used to have a 2 ball original, bag got stolen out of my car.
I replaced it with a Cleveland VP5, insane putter! Then, I sold that to a buddy that just couldn't miss with it, and bought a Cleveland Classic Collection 10. I'm just falling out of love with it.

Found this new used 2 ball works, annnnnd, I think I'm gonna like this one .. :)

tUZIZg.jpg

Back