Odyssey Works Putters Preview

There's a ton of love for that 1w. I don't think I've given it enough attention.

Operation: Acclimate to something other than c/s for #TheGrandaddy begins!

DSC_0981_zpsjzgx8a2t.jpg

DSC_0983_zpsaznllr0a.jpg

DSC_0985_zpsmkhrqhr3.jpg

DSC_0987_zpsllo741xn.jpg

DSC_0988_zpsokwkf7js.jpg

DSC_0989_zpsydewjhso.jpg

DSC_0990_zpsthopufgy.jpg
Soooooooo interested in hearing what you think of this putter. Seeing so many people rolling a #7 last weekend makes me need to try one, and this one having a plumbers neck is likely to make the transition from my #1w easier.

I really like the feel of the Works. And, the setup looks nice with the 1W.

I would just need to check distance control. The WHP insert has become such a crutch for me.

Operation: Acclimate to something other than c/s for #TheGrandaddy begins!

DSC_0981_zpsjzgx8a2t.jpg

DSC_0983_zpsaznllr0a.jpg

DSC_0985_zpsmkhrqhr3.jpg

DSC_0987_zpsllo741xn.jpg

DSC_0988_zpsokwkf7js.jpg

DSC_0989_zpsydewjhso.jpg

DSC_0990_zpsthopufgy.jpg
Nice, we'll beet them with there own stuff. I'm absolutely in love with my Tank 2Ball Fang. The feel is awesome and the roll is just incredible.

6m still hasnt shipped sadly
I was really on the fence about ordering one. But my dream putter would be a Works Tank Crusier Pro V. I'm impaitently waiting to see what upgrades they make to that lineup.

Been rolling the 7ch all morning and it could work. Been a hot minute since I've gamed a non CS full time, but its going to be a necessary evil this December. This one sets up so well behind the ball, as the 7 always does. Impressed with the insert too early on, but the course time will dictate my feelings on that soon enough.

The 2 ball tank fang lasted about a week in my bag. Really just couldn't get used to anything other than a milled putter because I've used milled my whole life.

On course debut of this little gem today!

DSC_0981_zpsjzgx8a2t.jpg

On course debut of this little gem today!

DSC_0981_zpsjzgx8a2t.jpg

I'll be interested in your thoughts. On course for the Fusion RX took a little getting used to for me

Stopped by Golf Galaxy at lunch today; and rolled the Tank version of these really, REALLY, nicely. I'm not a counterbalanced (or Tank) guy, but I think it all had to do with the length. The 35" tank sets up really nicely for me.

Of course, the head shape I'm in love with (#1 Wide) they didn't have, so ponder on.

Stopped by Golf Galaxy at lunch today; and rolled the Tank version of these really, REALLY, nicely. I'm not a counterbalanced (or Tank) guy, but I think it all had to do with the length. The 35" tank sets up really nicely for me.

Of course, the head shape I'm in love with (#1 Wide) they didn't have, so ponder on.

The #7 Tank I have is the perfect weight. At 35" it sets up well & settles down my stroke. The #1W Tank is pretty good also & would be fun to tinker with.

The #7 Tank I have is the perfect weight. At 35" it sets up well & settles down my stroke. The #1W Tank is pretty good also & would be fun to tinker with.
That's what I rolled, and rolled WELL today. Part of my idiocy though, makes me want to add a second putter to the line, it should be completely different than my gamer.

It's just a shame they didn't have a #1 Wide today. I could've either confirmed my desire, or found the 7 works better and why mess with it?

That's what I rolled, and rolled WELL today. Part of my idiocy though, makes me want to add a second putter to the line, it should be completely different than my gamer.

It's just a shame they didn't have a #1 Wide today. I could've either confirmed my desire, or found the 7 works better and why mess with it?

Honestly I would roll the head shape that gives you the most comfort. I could have bought the #1W Tank initially, but the #7 just sets up well and is a shape I'm way more comfortable with. I rolled the #1W Tour Design Black Series for a long time and had decent success, but once I rolled the #7 it was a no brainier.

With all that said, if I find a #1W Tank cheap enough it will be added to the collection

I'm really loving my #7 Tank I found the spot where I like putting my hands now and I'm rolling it amazing. I missed nothing today from within 5 feet. The only thing you can't do is one hand it for some reason if you try it kinda makes it close the face.

Well, it was an...interesting on course debut yesterday for the 7CH, as I admittedly knew it would be, some thoughts:
  • I really do love the setup of the #7 at address, literally the only mallet I can say that about and I hated on the 7 for a LONG time before really committing to try one (#7 CS WHP) last year. It looks really really good with a PN too IMO, better than the double bend, but I loathe a double bend shaft for MY eye.
  • Stellar roll, just as I expected. Its much more like the WHP in sound than the original MX which had the solid metal insert over the WH insert, honestly I prefer the feedback of the OG MX, but I'll be in the minority there.
  • Pace is what I expected, nothing crazy, nothing that takes any major acclimation for me, but I have rolled hundred of putters in my time and everything is interchangeable at this point.
  • Alignment in my setup is an issue with the offset of the PN right now, and will be for a while coming from nothing but C/S putters. That's just a practice thing.
  • Tremendous lagging yesterday on a few holes, extreme promise there for me.

In all, its just another really solid putter from Odyssey. Big Q for me is going to be this or the 6M taking command of the spot for prep leading into December, I'm more a blade-mid-mallet-ish guy than a mallet, but the #7 is fun.

Well, it was an...interesting on course debut yesterday for the 7CH, as I admittedly knew it would be, some thoughts:
  • I really do love the setup of the #7 at address, literally the only mallet I can say that about and I hated on the 7 for a LONG time before really committing to try one (#7 CS WHP) last year. It looks really really good with a PN too IMO, better than the double bend, but I loathe a double bend shaft for MY eye.
  • Stellar roll, just as I expected. Its much more like the WHP in sound than the original MX which had the solid metal insert over the WH insert, honestly I prefer the feedback of the OG MX, but I'll be in the minority there.
  • Pace is what I expected, nothing crazy, nothing that takes any major acclimation for me, but I have rolled hundred of putters in my time and everything is interchangeable at this point.
  • Alignment in my setup is an issue with the offset of the PN right now, and will be for a while coming from nothing but C/S putters. That's just a practice thing.
  • Tremendous lagging yesterday on a few holes, extreme promise there for me.

In all, its just another really solid putter from Odyssey. Big Q for me is going to be this or the 6M taking command of the spot for prep leading into December, I'm more a blade-mid-mallet-ish guy than a mallet, but the #7 is fun.

I think the double bend is what kind of throws me off with the #7 I have. I have a #5 as well, but that's a single bend and it lines up perfectly for me. Never really thought about the double bend/single bend thing before.

Something about it makes me feel you'll gravitate slightly more towards the #6m though.

Awesome
11246768_799290553481995_2147098538_n.jpg

First round with my new #7 today. 32 putts with a 3 jack but man do I love the roll this thing puts on the ball.

#6ftconfidence

Last edited:
The V-line went back into storage and my #1 Milled Metal X Versa is back in the bag. I just cannot get consistency down with this putter. The honeymoon period wore over extremely quickly.

I'm falling out of love with my current 2-ball. The white hot insert is just too soft with this year's balls. I may have to check these out.

I'm falling out of love with my current 2-ball. The white hot insert is just too soft with this year's balls. I may have to check these out.
You should try the milled line.

You should try the milled line.

I'm planning a trip to the SeeMore headquarters in June (about 3 hours away from me). I do wish there was a good Odyssey fitter within reasonable driving distance.

As a funny, I find it humorous mentioned driving distance in a putter form...Yes I know I'm talking about a car but still :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a #9 Works yesterday. Really like the feel of Works face and it seems to put a really nice roll on the ball.

Back