Off the Green Putting

Probably a 3' max for me, if that. Its not a shot I'm very comfortable with. I'll putt with my hybrid in these situations before I pull putter, but its still rare. I feel more confident with a wedge.

I don't have a number. If I think I can hit a putter, I'm hitting a putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unless it is only 3-4 inches off the putting surface I use my 6 iron for chipping, for those of you who have seen me use this method, you know I can be deadly, comes form growing up on the practice green at the local CC when I worked there as a kid

Isn't there a video out there, of Jack, after being challenged to hit a better shot, using his putter from about 70yrds from the green and rolling it into the cup??? I want to say it was a charity event or pro-am???

Isn't there a video out there, of Jack, after being challenged to hit a better shot, using his putter from about 70yrds from the green and rolling it into the cup??? I want to say it was a charity event or pro-am???

Yes - I believe it was the opening of his course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the grass and slope, if its downhill maybe 4-6 ft off max.

This is the best part of my game, if the grass is good and nothing in the way i don't think twice from pulling the putter on anything up to 20 feet off the green.

5-10 ft is my max.

If there are no elements between me and the hole, very short grass, I will not hesitate to use my putter, even from several yards out.

I cannot tell you a distance but probably further than most people are comfortable with. It will depend on how I'm chipping that day and how difficult the green I'm putting on is. I feel pretty comfortable putting from off the green.

5' max if it's a really manicured fringe. Depending on pin placement, I might chip with a 6i to a 60* wedge and just play a little bump and run. Chipping it just on to the putting surface and letting it roll out is usually a safer play for me. I'm a very weak putter from off the green though, just not something I ever practice.

Given the right conditions I would go out to about 15'. I'm not real big on putting from off the green though and rarely play courses where it's needed very often.

5 feet or so.if the pin is a long way away I'll putt 10% if the pin is close I'll putt 80%.

This! I have a lot of trouble with speed if I get any further than 1-2 yards off green (not even real comfortable from 2 yards).

It's been linked on THP in another thread but here it is

I'd much rather chip than putt, so any thing further than 3 feet to the green is a chip for me most of the time. The exclusion would be if the flag is just a few feet from the green's edge.

I don't. I have a hard enough time judging how hard to hit putts when I'm on the green. Throwing a transition from longer grass to the green is just a nightmare. I'll use my 7 iron around the green instead.

Maybe a few yards. More if it's a really tight lie and there isn't a lot of green between the ball and the hole.

Back