Off the Green Putting

Maybe 10-15' and tha depends on length of grass and pin location

It's a shot I probably don't use enough. I'll use the putting stroke with a wedge quite a bit.

I should probably work on it though.

Oh yeah for sure.
I have used a betti out of sand though before ;)

Witnessed this and i vomited in my mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll putt from a ways off the green since there is no rough to go through. I'll putt from farther off the green the closer the pin is to the side of the green I am on.

My biggest concern is how bumpy or how wet the ground is. There is a hole at Painted that you can be up a pretty big hill to a green that slopes away from that hill. Putting for me is always an option, even if the rough is up.

Probably no more than 5 feet. I'm awful at it.

5 to 7 yards for me!

I've always been taught to keep the ball as close to the ground as possible. Less room for error and less movement left or right.

Same strategy applies in my short game. If it's within reason to putt, I will (max 5ft). This includes using a wood or hybrid if I'm a little further off the green.

Only if it's like 10 feet from the hole. Other than that, I'm chipping.

From 10 to 15ft, I'm using putter 95% of the time. Heck I've even popped out from light greenside rough using the putter if I'm in the right situation.

If I'm within 3 yards of the green I will consider putting, but for me the biggest factor is my confidence with the wedges that day. Some days I just know it's going to be close, and other days I'm just praying not to thin it or chunk it.

I've putted from about 30 yards off the green. I picked up a tip from Martin Hall on School of Golf that even showed putting with a hybrid from long distances. I've done that at least twice.

For as long as the ball will roll and not catch the grass, I'm putting.

Usually no more than a few feet.

Does using a fairway wood but putting stroke count? If so then close to 4 ft off the green

10 yards or so. Usually a better result than chipping. And I'm not bad at chipping

I was listening to something it was pretty mind blowing. They tested amateurs with the wedge and putter on the same shot and the putter was closer by 43% and saved almost a full stroke a hole.

Now it was a small sample of less than 20 golfers over a small sample of 6 rounds of golf, but that is pretty staggering.
Who was it that said "Your best putt will always be better than your best chip"?

(Of course, my first birdie was made by chipping in from off the green, so go figure).

If the grass is short and there is nothing between my ball and the green, I'll typically putt if I am within 6 to 8 feet. Anything else and I'm more than likely chipping.

I would say 10 yards is the farthest I go but that's even pushing it.

A coupe feet I guess? it's not a shot I really practice a lot but maybe something I should start practicing.

As long as the conditions allow it, I'll putt. I'm sure I've putted from over 10 yards more than once.

I'm terrible at this. At most 5 feet...but I am also guilty of playing in the most manicured courses.

Honestly depends on how well I'm chipping that day but otherwise I don't normally putt from off the green

Not often enough. I get nervous trying to read total speed needed on different surfaces.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pro a sly about 5 yards depending on the grass condition. I prefer to putt if I can rather then chip.

It all depends on the lie, the grass length, the pin location, etc, but I'd say I'm comfortable putting from even the 2nd cut of grass if necessary. I've probably putt from 10-15 yards on some occasions.

This is my jam.
Anywhere from greenside to 20 yards or so.. and as far back as 40 yards.
Obviously obstacles will change those options but if i have a nice flat and dry path im going to putt from long distance

"Chutting like a boss"

Maybe 1-10' and tha depends on length of grass and pin location

This is me, different distance though, most likely I have an iron in my hand doing the chip.

I'd say probably 5' is my max.

Back