Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Strongly pondering a G410 5wood. It's in the cart. Why do I do this to myself?

I find myself browsing irons at the local fitting shop.
TC201 are what I want.
Hogan Combo set is probably the best value out there.
MP20 maybe a good compromise.

....but theres really nothing wrong with my current set. Hmmm.

I find myself browsing irons at the local fitting shop.
TC201 are what I want.
Hogan Combo set is probably the best value out there.
MP20 maybe a good compromise.

....but theres really nothing wrong with my current set. Hmmm.

There surely has to be something wrong with your current set. You can find something ;)

Mavrik Sub Zero to replace the Epic Flash SZ.

ShotScope or G410 7 wood ?

Not much of a Stat Nerd, I already have GPS Watch and Rangefinder. So leaning towards the 7 wood to replace my 3 hybrid.

Hi everyone, it's pretty difficult to get proper club selection other than the internet in my area and COVID has made it worse. Currently I am playing Mizuno MP-58's that were hand me downs. I've hit them for years but never really took golf seriously until this year (thanks COVID giveth and taketh). I like the clubs but they are pretty beat up at this point and are likely a little too much club for me as I try and improve my game/score. I've made some good progress over the last few weeks and I'm ready to invest in my own set of clubs, I'll get them fitted once I have a chance.

I love the feel of the mizunos, so what would be most similar to the MP-58's but hopefully with a little more assistance in the distance/forgiveness category without giving up too much of the feeling. I've hit SGI irons before and the whole experience just felt dead, even though the ball was going further/straighter I enjoyed it less.

Any suggestions? It's hard to find much online about the MP-58's they don't seem to have been all that popular so figuring out where they would 'sit' in terms of modern clubs is difficult since I'm still learning a lot about gear and how it can impact your swing.

Thanks! Looking forward to spending some time on here!

Some pondering right now on the 20 degree Callaay Super Hybrid. Love my Ping hybrid but I’ve really been doing well with the 17 and tempted

After years of loving my TM 2 UDI, I've been struggling with recently. The best thing to do with a club when you're struggling with it is find a replacement, right? That oughta fix it!

Pondering a 5w to replace the 2i. Any thoughts?
I got a 5 wood and turned it up to replace my hybrid. It worked great. I’m hitting the number I wanted and it’s a better ball flight.

Hi everyone, it's pretty difficult to get proper club selection other than the internet in my area and COVID has made it worse. Currently I am playing Mizuno MP-58's that were hand me downs. I've hit them for years but never really took golf seriously until this year (thanks COVID giveth and taketh). I like the clubs but they are pretty beat up at this point and are likely a little too much club for me as I try and improve my game/score. I've made some good progress over the last few weeks and I'm ready to invest in my own set of clubs, I'll get them fitted once I have a chance.

I love the feel of the mizunos, so what would be most similar to the MP-58's but hopefully with a little more assistance in the distance/forgiveness category without giving up too much of the feeling. I've hit SGI irons before and the whole experience just felt dead, even though the ball was going further/straighter I enjoyed it less.

Any suggestions? It's hard to find much online about the MP-58's they don't seem to have been all that popular so figuring out where they would 'sit' in terms of modern clubs is difficult since I'm still learning a lot about gear and how it can impact your swing.

Look at the new MP20 line if you're looking for new or, you can find some used JPX 919 sets out there.

Schedule a fitting at your local Club Champion or equivalent. To many choices to take anyone advice short of getting fit. Get a good fitting and there will be no doubts.

birdie balls

better than foam balls for backyard hacks?
I say yes - they give great strike/flight feedback. In other words if you hit a slice they will fly just like a slice would. If you strike it flush you get a nice deep buzzing sound as it spins.

Schedule a fitting at your local Club Champion or equivalent. To many choices to take anyone advice short of getting fit. Get a good fitting and there will be no doubts.

There's additional reasons why I cannot go for a fitting during COVID, my current mizuno's aren't so I'm not really 'losing' anything. I get it's tough and figured this was likely the answer I would receive but thought I'd give it the 'ol college try

There's additional reasons why I cannot go for a fitting during COVID, my current mizuno's aren't so I'm not really 'losing' anything. I get it's tough and figured this was likely the answer I would receive but thought I'd give it the 'ol college try
No worries. I suggest that its worth waiting until you can get it done. I bought without knowing any better when I was a new golfer. Wished Id a asked others like you are doing. It will cost less in the long run by getting fitted properly.

I think I'm going to stop dinking around and just buy a Mavrik. I really liked the Flash and had really good results with it and with the sound improvements of the Mavrik I should just go back. I need to set my bag and run with it.

Last edited:
nike vapor fly irons...they get me every time i see them now :rolleyes:...haven't pulled the trigger but it gets harder to resist.

I don’t really have any club ponders :oops:

CLK 3 to match my new 4 and 5? 🤔

I’m in a driver dilemma - thought the new ST200G would be a winner but cannot shake the slices. That translated back to my previous gamer yesterday so wondering what to do.

Sell?
Keep trying?
Practice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I tried the ST200G and had issues with a slice, fitter had me go to the straight ST200 and it worked much better.....so I bought it! ;)

I need to find something I can hit off the tee. Put a new shaft in my driver and feel like it’s a bear to load and I’m not getting much distance out of it.

Had a shaft issue that lead to me ordering new irons. Instead of my trust i200s I'm playing a split set of New Level irons. The honeymoon has ended. Everything thing feels "thin" on mid irons. Short irons are very good. They only cost me an extra $200 considering the cost of labor and shafts/grips for the other irons. I traded the irons and old driver in on new driver that I love! I'm looking for new irons, AGAIN! I'm going "Game Improvement" Wilson Staff D7 Forged vs new Mizuno/Ping releases with an outside chance for Ping G410. Any insight helps on the Wilson. Limited info from what I can find.

Have a 45° PW and 60° LW. Class instructor suggested I needed something between the two. Pondering a 54° Cleveland CBX on clearance, but thinking it would be wise to wait until after I actually start playing before buying additional clubs. The CBX' may all be gone by then, but the CBX 2 is allegedly an improvement, anyway, so probably going to hold off.

I do believe I'm going to take my driver, 5w, and 7w in tomorrow and have them re-gripped to the GP CP2 Pro's I now have on my irons.

Back