Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering going and trading in a BOATLOAD of stuff to see what I can get 🤔

The 16 degree Paradym Super Hybrid is now on my strong ponder after what I saw yesterday.. it could do no wrong!

Pondering Ping 425s. I can’t afford 430s.

I am pondering a 6 hybrid, and playing with the lofts of my fairways..... I want to tighten up the gapping at the top of the bag.

TM P790 irons.

Has anyone else been here?

I'm pondering over a new set of GI irons - irons that may not be as SGI as I need, but ones I really like the looks of. I buy the 7i head, put it on a bastardized tip-trimmed hybrid shaft, and compare it with my current 7i from, you know, the set that I'm getting bored with.

I hit the new club well (relatively speaking) but hit my existing gamer slightly better. Not much better, but enough that I can tell the difference and average a couple yards longer on the LM.

Do I try a different shaft - an actual iron shaft, maybe play with the swing weight and give the new club a fair chance? Or do I get my head out of my ass and stay with what I have. Better yet maybe get the most forgiving iron on the market regardless of how ugly it might be.

I've always been one to not care about looks. Form follows function... play the clubs that are going to help me the most. But how a club looks is starting to become a thing. Besides, it's not like equipment alone is going to get me to where I want to be.

Has anyone else been here?

I'm pondering over a new set of GI irons - irons that may not be as SGI as I need, but ones I really like the looks of. I buy the 7i head, put it on a bastardized tip-trimmed hybrid shaft, and compare it with my current 7i from, you know, the set that I'm getting bored with.

I hit the new club well (relatively speaking) but hit my existing gamer slightly better. Not much better, but enough that I can tell the difference and average a couple yards longer on the LM.

Do I try a different shaft - an actual iron shaft, maybe play with the swing weight and give the new club a fair chance? Or do I get my head out of my ass and stay with what I have. Better yet maybe get the most forgiving iron on the market regardless of how ugly it might be.

I've always been one to not care about looks. Form follows function... play the clubs that are going to help me the most. But how a club looks is starting to become a thing. Besides, it's not like equipment alone is going to get me to where I want to be.
What do you have now and what are you considering?

The Super Hybrid has opened a dimension to my game that was missing. Rarely do I have a shot at a green at 250 that is feasible off the deck.

Most Par 4s on a well struck shots from tee, I usually have 150 or less in.

I’ve put a lot of emphasis on that 200-230 mark. I think the Apex Pro CB testing will allow me to weaken my TSR3 hybrid to 23 degrees until the new (hopefully) Apex Pro hybrids arrive. The King Tec can be moved weaker to 19-20. Keep the PSH at 15 degrees and learn to play golf and not over power a course.

Something more consistent than my 3w

A new driving iron and putter shaft for the Scotty

the great big bertha hybrids are calling to me....

what shaft you thinking?
@BigDill has a UST Mayima shaft that's very nice... maybe LA golf... will probably do a putter fitting as I'm not up to speed on the brands

@BigDill has a UST Mayima shaft that's very nice... maybe LA golf... will probably do a putter fitting as I'm not up to speed on the brands
I’ll second the UST option. It’s been great to the point I’ll probably not have a putter without it

Pondering a Super Hybrid.

Hard ponder on a 4 wood. Local shop has a PXG Gen6 311xf with Ventus red shaft. It's in excellent condition. Hmmmmmmm

No longer ponder, I had it in NC actually as my longest FW club.
You playing the 16*? I’m looking to replace my fairway too.

Actually 18. I may turn it down to 17 soon.
My TSR2 hybrid is at 18 adjusted to 17 now. Kind of want the Super hybrid to go from 16 to 15 or 14.5, whichever is the lowest setting to take the place of my 3w. I’m willing to lose 10-15 yards for accuracy.

My TSR2 hybrid is at 18 adjusted to 17 now. Kind of want the Super hybrid to go from 16 to 15 or 14.5, whichever is the lowest setting to take the place of my 3w. I’m willing to lose 10-15 yards for accuracy.
I don’t think you’ll lose much. The 18 is longer than 5w for me.

No longer ponder, I had it in NC actually as my longest FW club.
I went ahead and ordered the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid, 16* to try. Price was about half of what the Paradym goes for. I can adjust it down to 15* and experiment with it as a replacement for my 3w. I’m willing to lose a few yards if it helps with dispersion on approach shots over 225 yards.

I went ahead and ordered the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid, 16* to try. Price was about half of what the Paradym goes for. I can adjust it down to 15* and experiment with it as a replacement for my 3w. I’m willing to lose a few yards if it helps with dispersion on approach shots over 225 yards.
Still loving my 18, tried to get @mtbloco to hit it

Back