Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be the best division in the NL. It will be a good time for sure.

I think a healthy Phils, Mets and Braves may have something to say about that. Oh yeah, and if the Marlins youth comes of age, watch out. We can all agree on one thing, it certainly won't be the NL Central.

Oh man, bring on the Phillies. They are going down this time.

LOL Gasman if you lived closer I'd bet a round of golf that the Phils are taking down Manny-wood in 6....good luck!:clapp:

I think a healthy Phils, Mets and Braves may have something to say about that. Oh yeah, and if the Marlins youth comes of age, watch out. We can all agree on one thing, it certainly won't be the NL Central.

I can mostly agree with you. The Mets need to meet their potential other than that you are right. Should be a fun season next year!

Gasman,

I'm feeling some Philadelphia Freedom! What's the over-under on how many times Fox will play that and "I love LA" coming in and out of commercials in our series?

Good luck to your boys. Should be a great series. I have resolved to eat exactly the same things I ate last year during the NLCS. No, I'm not too superstitious. : ) Playing baseball for 12 years will do that. Am i just biased or is there any doubt now that Howard is the MVP of the NL this year. Pujols hasn't done much the last two months (AKA - when it counts), while Big Ryan carried the Phils through September and now in the playoffs.

Can't wait for Thursday. Hamels can really set the tone for the series, if he comes alive. And everyone knows Cole loves to pitch in So Cal.

#1 Phillies fan in South Carolina signing off.

JK

As much as I want to believe you, I think Pujols is the MVP this year. His numbers are sick even after his mini 'slump' at the end of the year. Hamels is running out of chances to perform like he did last year. If he starts getting hit around, Cholly will bring in Pedro or someone pretty quick

Let the trash talking begin boys. Im saying Dodgers in 7, if we can squeak a win out of either Hamels or Lee we will be in good shape and Hamels aint what he used to be. If we can get to the bullpens well be in good shape.

The ALCS should be awesome as well.

I cant find good video footage of the incident last year. Do you think the Phils will plunk our best players again?:act-up:
[YOUTUBE]iRye8b0siXc&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Only if you start doing it first :eyepoke:

Well we know Padilla's not afraid to hit people.

Let the trash talking begin boys. Im saying Dodgers in 7, if we can squeak a win out of either Hamels or Lee we will be in good shape and Hamels aint what he used to be. If we can get to the bullpens well be in good shape.

The ALCS should be awesome as well.

As one of my all-time favorite Phillies used to say "Whatever it takes, dude"

Phils in 5.

This is gonna be fun!!! I will be watching this thread as intently as the games. :act-up:

Side note - The Reds fired their pitching coach and are now searching for a new one. I wish they would have showed Dusty the door too. Oh well. Maybe next year. :laughing: (Oh how I hate saying that :sad: )

Side note - The Reds fired their pitching coach and are now searching for a new one. I wish they would have showed Dusty the door too. Oh well. Maybe next year. :laughing: (Oh how I hate saying that :sad: )

Its sad too because the Reds pitching coach had one of the best baseball names of all time.

So true Harry.

Alright, I just got tickets to game 2, I love stub hub. You Phillies fans better look for me, ill be the guy in the Dodger speedo doing the chicken dance. :banana:
I hope this rain goes away by Thursday.

ill be the guy in the Dodger speedo doing the chicken dance.

I knew it!

Spoiler
1734-sports-basketball-guy-speedo-dance-miss-shot.gif

Am i just biased or is there any doubt now that Howard is the MVP of the NL this year. Pujols hasn't done much the last two months (AKA - when it counts), while Big Ryan carried the Phils through September and now in the playoffs.

I wasn't aware that the games played from April-July counted less than the August and September games. I guess I missed the news release on that.

The season is six months long and just having a good September doesn't mean you should be an MVP. Pujols absolutely carried the team from April-July, and then he finally got some help. No one did more for a team with lesser talent than Pujols did until the Holliday deal. When September rolled around for the Cards, the work was done. The division was all but wrapped up thanks to the play from the prior months, with an assist going to the Cubs for collapsing.

Pujols will win MVP and the vote won't even be close.

Bogey- I saw a report (SN i think) that said if Larussa walks from the Cards that the Reds are going to dump a pile of ca$h his way to come and right the ship

Here you go. It gets kind of weird, he steals his brothers lady.
[YOUTUBE]8PEXG0mZKcw[/YOUTUBE]

Bogey- I saw a report (SN i think) that said if Larussa walks from the Cards that the Reds are going to dump a pile of ca$h his way to come and right the ship

I would love to have Larussa in Cincy. Wouldn't it be weird though to coach the team that swept you and made you look like a fool in the World Series? Granted the 1990 Reds were on fire. Nasty Boys and all.

Here you go. It gets kind of weird, he steals his brothers lady.

That probably makes for a good conversation over Thanksgiving dinner. I also wonder how many times his brother has said "I had your wife first"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back