Official NBA Thread

LeftyTran

Reaction score
Handicap
Reports from espn are saying Bosh and Wade will sign with Miami.

LBJ has an espn special to announce where he will sign. I don't think he would go on TV to stick it to the Cavs so I'm thinking it will be the Cavs.

Some crazy money out there.

Funny how everyone thought LeBron would dictate FA, looks like he may get left out in the cold now.....

I find it funny and sad that there is a hour long show on ESPN for his announcement.

I find it funny and sad that there is a hour long show on ESPN for his announcement.

It goes to benefit the boys and girls club; though I agree it is probably mostly for show, it's a worthy cause and I hope they generate millions for those kids.

I agree. Just gotta remember he is 25 years old and the world does revolve around him... In his mind as well as his group. Great that it benefits something but make no mistake about it, this is all about him. As its always been.
I did not know about the boys and girls club, but still c'mon

Is it possible that all three end up on the same team? Ive heard rumors about people taking pay cuts to almost guarantee an NBA Title lol

That was the original plan. But Team Bron Bron most likely decided against it. I would doubt he could ever share the spotlight for a prolonged period of time. No doubt he can play team ball (Team USA) but that was for a limited time. It's not so much the on court but he couldn't share the spotlight off of it. For awhile it was about winning for him, now from what the blogs and sportswriters are saying its all about the Lebron brand. His outside business opps and friends are really trying to ride off of his success. I almost feel sorry for the dude. Great player though.
Is it possible that all three end up on the same team? Ive heard rumors about people taking pay cuts to almost guarantee an NBA Title lol

ESPN is reporting that Miami is the front-runner for LBJ now...wow.

"ESPN's Chris Broussard, who broke the Chris Bosh - Dwyane Wade-to-Miami story, called the Miami Heat the 'clear front-runner' to land LeBron James." - rotoworld

wow! bosh, wade, bron. thats just scary. they should have no problem winning alot of games if not the whole thing. crazy stuff.

yeah but ESPN's Chris Broussard also 'broke' the story that ESPN was having a 1 hr show about LeBron...I take his reports with a grain of salt.

ESPN is reporting that Miami is the front-runner for LBJ now...wow.

"ESPN's Chris Broussard, who broke the Chris Bosh - Dwyane Wade-to-Miami story, called the Miami Heat the 'clear front-runner' to land LeBron James." - rotoworld

wow! bosh, wade, bron. thats just scary. they should have no problem winning alot of games if not the whole thing. crazy stuff.

yeah but ESPN's Chris Broussard also 'broke' the story that ESPN was having a 1 hr show about LeBron...I take his reports with a grain of salt.

His reports change hourly. he reminds me of some other media that just throw a bunch of stuff out there and half of it sticks. Then he says "i broke the story".

As for the 3 of them together. People need to remember, that they only play with 1 ball in the NBA. They want titles definitely, but stats dont win them. They have to mesh first. I thought everybody said when Cleveland got Shaq, they were a lock. Then they were a lock when they got Jamison. Neither worked. James is an incredible talent. Perhaps the best raw talent ever. Wade is an incredible talent as well. Heck so is Bosh, but they have never played together and still need someone to make decisions and take the last shot. It will be an interesting experiment to say the least and they will be awesome in the regular season, that is for sure. The playoffs and win it all? Not sure yet.

Sounds like the Redskins Snyder trying to buy a championship a few years back. That went real well.

they played on the usa team together, but like u said only 1 ball. it would be really fun to watch them together though.

they played on the usa team together, but like u said only 1 ball. it would be really fun to watch them together though.

That is not NBA basketball. Different game, some different rules, and far different players.

Sounds like the Redskins Snyder trying to buy a championship a few years back. That went real well.

It has worked for a few other teams in other sports though.

It has worked for a few other teams in other sports though.

True. The Evil Empire of baseball comes to mind.

Watch, he'll stay in Cleveland.

Not just them, the Marlins have done it as well, twice. In the NBA there is a cap, but a luxury tax cap which is not the same as a strong cap. The Mavericks have tried this (spend a ton and see what happens) and it did not work. The Celtics brought in their big 3 and it worked well. But all three of those guys were later in their career, a little more mature from a life standpoint, and were good people.

With this 3, you have young, but still experienced, but all three have never had to defer to someone else on a team.

I hope he goes to NY to play with Amare, who I think is better then Bosh. no big NBA fan but its time for the Knicks to climb out of the abyss that Isiah put them in. although Chi-town has to still be in the mix after signing Boozer and having Rose already. as far as the press conf. it is really sad. I know money will go to a great cause but come on a one HOUR special to say where he is signing?

I'm not a huge NBA fan as well, but I've sure been paying attention to the NBA this offseason!!!

Back