Official Rant of the Day

OGputtnfool

Do it this way, no that way, no... oh, nevemind!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My rant for the day...

My daughter brought me my breakfast plate with eggs, but no bacon! WT actual F?

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
More skin cancer surgery coming up, had a spot on my arm checked last week and they called yesterday saying it is melanoma.
That makes 6 places that have or will be cut. It is like an old record but you young folks need to take it seriously now or be cut on later, I know I never did but do now.
My uncle has had 3 spots cut out the last few years. He's never had air conditioning in his trucks, o_O and that left arm would hang out the window his whole life. I think his blood pressure meds it was a side effect as well being more sensitive to sunlight.
That's a common warning with many drugs now as well. Be careful. Wear those sunglasses too. :cool:(y)

Reframmellator

Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My uncle has had 3 spots cut out the last few years. He's never had air conditioning in his trucks, o_O and that left arm would hang out the window his whole life. I think his blood pressure meds it was a side effect as well being more sensitive to sunlight.
That's a common warning with many drugs now as well. Be careful. Wear those sunglasses too. :cool:(y)
I've become really habitual about the sunscreen, hat and subglasses. Had my anual checkup at the dermatologist last week, and she said to keep it up, because she had less stuff to freeze this time around.

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
I've become really habitual about the sunscreen, hat and subglasses. Had my anual checkup at the dermatologist last week, and she said to keep it up, because she had less stuff to freeze this time around.
I've had 5 golf years off, and I think they came right when my SKIN needed it. The tops of my ears were getting REALLY suspect. Kinda "sticky" to the touch. Really gross. I have had things looked at, but all OK. Brown Recluse Spider bit me on a finger that was in a yard glove for one trip, and 37 bouts of what I think is shingles that they cannot figure out for about 7 yrs now. So they throw in the free cancer check every time.
My skin is a mess. I had a gang of spiders attack the tops of my feet/ankles/legs when cleaning out the family house. My feet are so scarred from all those spider bites, I look like a leper on my feet and legs. I think I may have psoriasis as well from my chemo I was on for 6 years. Immune system attacks the skin.

We also had a swimming pool in the 80's. o_O:LOL: I did use a LOT of mineral-based sunscreen when playing golf. I would have melted out there with my blue eyes. ;)

TheHeez

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Pretty pissed over here, mostly at some choices of my family. Cousin's boyfriend decided to visit her from his in-person instruction college campus. Got cousin and her mom sick with Covid. The worst part is, before they were feeling symptoms my grandparents were visiting and you guessed it, both my 80+ year old grandparents now have Covid. I'm optimistic as they are both pretty healthy, but truly am scared for them. Sucks as they are just the coolest people you will ever meet, grandpa is a stubborn and hilarious former oil field worker and grandma is an absolute treasure of a woman.
Grandparents are on the mend and doing well. Grandpa is still feeling pretty run down, but today Grandma is reporting her first day of feeling much improved. They have been recovering at home and monitoring their oxygen levels diligently. Optimistic that the trend continues.

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
I am so over 2020. Problems just continue to pile up.

RealPretendPsychic

Team THP Grandaddy 2020(1) - Trust The Process
Reaction score
Handicap
Efffff random shoulder pops. Gosh they can be unpleasant!

93civiccpe

Reaction score
Handicap
3 day weekend and it rains the entire time..

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Reaction score
Handicap
some close friends are going through some awful times right now. i can't imagine how helpless they both feel. life is hard sometimes.

robrandalgz

AKA skinsccalper
Reaction score
Handicap
some close friends are going through some awful times right now. i can't imagine how helpless they both feel. life is hard sometimes.
My stock answer when someone asks me how I'm doing is "I could be a lot worse", because I know damned well that I could. Best wishes to your friends, brother.

RealPretendPsychic

Reaction score
Handicap
Left my lunch in the work fridge. Won’t be back in the office until next week! 😭

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
I just wasted 10 minutes of my life in the Bryson thread. :rolleyes:

RealPretendPsychic

Reaction score
Handicap
I just wasted 10 minutes of my life in the Bryson thread. :rolleyes:
Careful, if you spend too much time rolling your eyes in there, they can get stuck like that!

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Careful, if you spend too much time rolling your eyes in there, they can get stuck like that!
Well I learned if you get big or have a big butt you must be juicing..:ROFLMAO:

J.B. Cobb III

J.C. 3 Stix
Reaction score
Handicap
I've worked hard this last year to get better at golf. I have really improved overall, now with the baby due Monday, I'm worried it's gonna all go away! That's a very selfish rant...I know.

M2Giles

Soon to be F9Giles
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
I just love when work decides to schedule things at the last moment and then at odd times.

I hate that the Army's default so often is obviously you must have a stay at home spouse to take care of the kids. Nope, nope nope. Use the training calendar people it's not that hard.

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've worked hard this last year to get better at golf. I have really improved overall, now with the baby due Monday, I'm worried it's gonna all go away! That's a very selfish rant...I know.
FWIW, that work sticks around. You might not be as good as you were at the end, but you can still be better than you were at the start of the journey.

M2Giles

Soon to be F9Giles
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
Don't worry too much. You have a future golf partner.

Reframmellator

Reaction score
Handicap
I made that trade and would make it again in a heartbeat, ignoring for a moment that I didn't have to give up all that much in the way of gains. Before you know it, JBC IV will be able to come along on Saturday late afternoons on the course. Those were some of the best times ever with my son, and as he has a 3 year old and a 1 year old crimping his golf game, I know his FIL and I are glad he';s choosing the way he is as much as we'd love to get them all out on the course.

MikeF

Reaction score
Handicap
God dammit, my youngest lad has just tested positive for Covid, self isolation now begins. Going to be a boring 2 weeks, wonder how much back garden golf swings I can do

Edit - Just found out we are not even allowed out into the garden either

Last edited:

tequila4kapp

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
God dammit, my youngest lad has just tested positive for Covid, self isolation now begins. Going to be a boring 2 weeks, wonder how much back garden golf swings I can do

Edit - Just found out we are not even allowed out into the garden either
Crap, sorry.

jlew2144

Reaction score
Handicap
What a week-- started with a positive test for one of the guys who works in my department, which then turned into the realization that 50% of the department got together for a "social gathering" two days prior. Immediate lockdown for the department, sending everyone to work from home in an environment not made for working outside the office. Fast forward to today and I just got my 6th positive test result back-- with 4 more outstanding that are assumed positives based on symptoms. The last 10 days have been beyond draining working 16-17 hour days.....Over the pandemic!

tequila4kapp

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Some of it is going to go away. It’s a small price to pay for being a dad. The golf good news is that you can get that skill back later, it is not gone forever

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Still working...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in