Official Rant of the Day

RealPretendPsychic

Team THP Grandaddy 2020(1)
Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Didn’t even drive into the Walmart parking lot. Was just driving past on my way to Lowe’s. Still had to beep at an idiot whose goal in life is clearly to drive like an idiot and assume everyone else will move out of the way.

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Didn’t even drive into the Walmart parking lot. Was just driving past on my way to Lowe’s. Still had to beep at an idiot whose goal in life is clearly to drive like an idiot and assume everyone else will move out of the way.
You must be in San Jose or maybe Nashville. :ROFLMAO:

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Reaction score
72 degrees today here in upstate NY and my birthday to boot and I'm stuck in the office having to get something done by 5. Missed a great day for golf here. But, as my boss will tell me frequently all the work keeps you employed. I am going to play on Sunday when the temperature will be in the high 40s.

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
72 degrees today here in upstate NY and my birthday to boot and I'm stuck in the office having to get something done by 5. Missed a great day for golf here. But, as my boss will tell me frequently all the work keeps you employed. I am going to play on Sunday when the temperature will be in the high 40s.
Well either way I’d like to wish you a happy birthday.

tahoebum

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Overly sensitive people? What the hell happened that folks are always offended in this country? Is it a fad? What am I missing?
You are in the belly of the beast in the Bay Area. We spent two decades in Northern California and are super happy that we got out of there two years ago however, I do miss the weather right now, lol.

A quote from Victor Davis Hanson sums up what happened:

“The woke but godless, the arrogant but ignorant, the violent but physically unimpressive, the degreed but poorly educated, the broke but acquisitive, the ambitious but stalled — these are history’s ingredients of riot and revolution.”

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
You are in the belly of the beast in the Bay Area. We spent two decades in Northern California and are super happy that we left two years ago.

A quote from Victor Davis Hanson sums up what happened:

“The woke but godless, the arrogant but ignorant, the violent but physically unimpressive, the degreed but poorly educated, the broke but acquisitive, the ambitious but stalled — these are history’s ingredients of riot and revolution.”
Unfortunately it’s not just here in sensitive central. It has spread, it’s kind of alarming.

MetroCat

Reaction score
Overly sensitive people? What the hell happened that folks are always offended in this country? Is it a fad? What am I missing?
I have a theory on this. Many people actually feel morally superior to others when they are offended. This "high" of feeling that they are better than others actually brings them to the point of enjoying being offended and their day seems empty if they are not.

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a theory on this. Many people actually feel morally superior to others when they are offended. This "high" of feeling that they are better than others actually brings them to the point of enjoying being offended and their day seems empty if they are not.
:ROFLMAO: That actually kind of fits. Sensitive people didn’t survive in our household. If you didn’t like it you just moved on and let it go. Now we have bathrooms that are confusing , should I be offended? :ROFLMAO:

tahoebum

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Unfortunately it’s not just here in sensitive central. It has spread, it’s kind of alarming.
It's definitely here in good old Minneapolis and it's very alarming. I'm looking forward to spending much of our time in rural northern MN after my daughter graduates in 2.5 years. I can bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is normal when I'm up there because almost nobody is offended about anything other than maybe someones boat stereo being too loud or fireworks on the lake several nights a week that are scaring their dogs. ;)

Last edited:

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Handicap
I really, really need to order a personalized license plate that reads RTFM. I just have to come up with a false meaning to get it past the MTO.

Spent 2+ hours today trying to figure out how to save as much of a guy's work as possible because he didn't feel the need to read the instructions first. I should have just thrown up my hands and said "rip it all out and start over"

Reframmellator

Reaction score
Handicap
I really, really need to order a personalized license plate that reads RTFM. I just have to come up with a false meaning to get it past the MTO.

Spent 2+ hours today trying to figure out how to save as much of a guy's work as possible because he didn't feel the need to read the instructions first. I should have just thrown up my hands and said "rip it all out and start over"
Round Table For Men?
Record Tarpon Fishing Memory?
Real Tinkers Fix Messes?

When I taught SAT prep classes, it was RTFQ, which I throttled back to "Read the FULL question."

Smiter

I'm not a Club Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Life RN
Nothing says awesome like 4 middle aged women getting hammered on a flight going to Vegas during a pandemic
Damn. I’m a middle aged single guy.

Translation: I need to make more flights to Vegas...

oumagic

Team Paradise 2020
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 10.0

Get it on a birdwatchers plate:
Robin, toucan, finch, mockingbird

Molten

Man Down
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I was supposed to be done working at 5pm today, maybe earlier. Why am I still at my desk, exactly?! People can be so inconsiderate

Smiter

I'm not a Club Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Life RN
I've worked hard this last year to get better at golf. I have really improved overall, now with the baby due Monday, I'm worried it's gonna all go away! That's a very selfish rant...I know.
There’s a simple solution in here so easy that even I figured it out.

Take the mini-you with you. My little guy (almost 9 now) has been on the course with me since he was 2 years old. I was sad to see him go to school, knowing that I’d miss time with him on the course.

OTOH, I’ve changed way more diapers on the course than I’d care to admit, lol.

Reframmellator

Reaction score
Handicap
Real Toupee (or Teeth), Fake Mustache

Smiter

I'm not a Club Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Life RN
God dammit, my youngest lad has just tested positive for Covid, self isolation now begins. Going to be a boring 2 weeks, wonder how much back garden golf swings I can do

Edit - Just found out we are not even allowed out into the garden either
F that! If it’s your damn garden OUTSIDE no one can tell you that you can’t be out in it.

This is why I have a bunker. In fact I think I’m going to go do an inventory of supplies.

GoldenBuff

Large landscape lover
Reaction score
Handicap
6-8
I’m going to be a baby and whine about the weather. Had 6-8” snow yesterday morning. Forecast tonight is 3-5” and then 3-5” tomorrow. Lows well below zero. Yeah, I pulled the skis out of storage and will likely tool around with some trail skiing. But I’m just not yet ready for winter. 🤬 I have unfinished golf business. For one I want to give the Zipcore tour tack wedge a more meaningful test. And I was playing so well. Just a couple more rounds! Blah ... Not in the cards.😭

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
Under filled aeration holes......that’s the rant

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3
Oof. Just a crappy day today.

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Handicap
Round Table For Men?
Record Tarpon Fishing Memory?
Real Tinkers Fix Messes?

When I taught SAT prep classes, it was RTFQ, which I throttled back to "Read the FULL question."
I could use one of these.... nice work!

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Handicap
Damn. I’m a middle aged single guy.

Translation: I need to make more flights to Vegas...
Please define "middle aged" for both sexes. I'm guessing the female number will be lower than the male number :ROFLMAO:

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m going to be a baby and whine about the weather. Had 6-8” snow yesterday morning. Forecast tonight is 3-5” and then 3-5” tomorrow. Lows well below zero. Yeah, I pulled the skis out of storage and will likely tool around with some trail skiing. But I’m just not yet ready for winter. 🤬 I have unfinished golf business. For one I want to give the Zipcore tour tack wedge a more meaningful test. And I was playing so well. Just a couple more rounds! Blah ... Not in the cards.😭
That math sucks.....

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Handicap
Beautiful golf weather and a low back that won't let you swing a club. That is all I'm going to say about today.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in