Official Rant of the Day

Kind of irked that I order a specific PuttOut Premium and received the wrong color today.
Do I keep it or return it?

Won $35 on the course today, partner got paid by one guy on other team, I did not. Nothing worse than making a bet & not paying up when you lose. Needless to say no further bets will be made when he’s involved till paid up.

Kind of irked that I order a specific PuttOut Premium and received the wrong color today.
If it bugs you send it back. Don’t want anything to mess with your putting practice!

How much do you hate it? For me it’s always weighing that vs the inconvenience and delay involved with returning it.

Petty coach rant....

I wish all companies worked with HS teams like several do. Some go above and beyond, and some say to kick rocks.

Oh well! I’m over it now! Moving on!

I’m not a company although according to eBay I was in 2018 and 2019. (Maybe ho’d just a little much?).

Dude you need clubs for kids let me know.

There’s a cost to you to not have the color you want and I cost to them to restock and replace. Would you keep it if they refunded 10-20% of the price?

Why don't people who work in an office building with a shared bathroom have more manners and decency? My god, the poopouri and air freshener are on the counter.

Lol.

Been the lucky recipient of nuclear medicine for 2 years. Fixed me, my stomach though? Still not a fan 2 months or so out.

Courtesy flush folks. I had to fight to even have a men’s employee restroom at work. It’s about 5’x6’. Ick. Just flush. Rapidly. It won’t be as bad as it could be.

I would order it again, and if you get the correct color the second time send the first one back. This way you're never without the device. It's a pricey enough item that I would want to have the one I wanted, not settle for something else.

Won $35 on the course today, partner got paid by one guy on other team, I did not. Nothing worse than making a bet & not paying up when you lose. Needless to say no further bets will be made when he’s involved till paid up.
Is there anything that speaks volumes about a person's integrity more than when they don't honour a bet? It's a form of cheating, just like taking 11 shots but marking down 7.

I would order it again, and if you get the correct color the second time send the first one back. This way you're never without the device. It's a pricey enough item that I would want to have the one I wanted, not settle for something else.
I’m thinking about doing that. I’ve reached out to them to see what they can do.

Alright. I was dreading doing it but I went under my house today. I had a sneaking suspicion there was a water leak. (I had been hearing my well pump running when no one was using water... but ignored it because the sound coincided with my heat pumps cycling.)

I decided to check it out this morning. There was a leak.😢 I got it fixed in10 minutes or so.

So... when my house was built 12 years ago, the well driller ran my water line. And routed it past a cinderblock corner of my foundation and next to a foundation pier. There were 2 points of contact where my PVC water line was rubbing against two cinder blocks. After cutting the line and rerouting it around the blocks, the leak check was good...

The bad section of PVC has 2 sections where the cinderblocks wore into it. 1 resulted in a pinhole leak. The other was just a dent that, given enough time (12 years wasn't enough?:LOL:) would have worn through as well.

I had a length of 3/4" PVC but I didn't have the fittings or the PVC cleaner and cement. But once I had those, it was a matter of minutes and it was fixed.:clapp:

Why don't people who work in an office building with a shared bathroom have more manners and decency? My god, the poopouri and air freshener are on the counter.

I used to work at a small company where every guy shared one bathroom, and the ladies likewise. One time the boss went on a rant, and equipped each bathroom with it own can of odor "destroyer"! The boss asked one of us just before he entered the inner sanctum, if the prior user had sprayed. The guy said, "Yeah, Joe. It smells like somebody took an awful dump under a pine tree!"

Our state has numerous districts that meet the long published standards for reopening. We are not reopening for in person education. I’m so sick of this crap.

If this post starts bad Covid stuff for the forum I’ll delete it. But this is my rant for the day.

I can appreciate this sentiment. The politicos swear to "abide by the science" and do anything but!

Is there anything that speaks volumes about a person's integrity more than when they don't honour a bet? It's a form of cheating, just like taking 11 shots but marking down 7.
Next day his partner came up and said $20/$20/$20 bet for today? I said, "Nope". He looked at me confused and I said, "Didn't get paid for yesterdays bet so it's silly to be making another bet w/ ya partner." Even that didn't get the $35. LOL.

Next day his partner came up and said $20/$20/$20 bet for today? I said, "Nope". He looked at me confused and I said, "Didn't get paid for yesterdays bet so it's silly to be making another bet w/ ya partner." Even that didn't get the $35. LOL.
Our bets are $2/$2/$2... :oops: I think the most I've done is an individual, a couple two mans and straight $5 four man.

Of course, some guys have about $200 worth of random bets with individuals and then team bets.

Edit: Hell, yesterday morning I got a text before 9 from a guy saying he was going to be running late and wanted to know if I wanted an individual bet with him.

WOW! Even being called out he wouldn't pay up? What a piece of garbage.

Went to see an oncologist today to talk about getting screened for cancer, my family's medical history, etc. An $80 dollar copay later, apparently there's not a lot they can do or screen for. I can get a genetic test done, that my insurance probably won't cover and if it comes back positive, that can affect my medical, life, and cancer insurance coverage in the future! Cool....thanks...:confused:

Went to see an oncologist today to talk about getting screened for cancer, my family's medical history, etc. An $80 dollar copay later, apparently there's not a lot they can do or screen for. I can get a genetic test done, that my insurance probably won't cover and if it comes back positive, that can affect my medical, life, and cancer insurance coverage in the future! Cool....thanks...:confused:

Sorry to hear the analysis option has more downsides than upsides for you. Kudos for trying to learn.

On the other hand, the issue of the relative roles of genes vs the environment in terms of causing cancer is not established science. At one end,

Dr. Robert Rakowski, a cancer expert and guest on the recent podcast, mentioned that only 5-10% of cancers are caused by genetics, meaning there is a significant amount of environmental factors at play. The American Cancer Society states that at least 30% of cancer is caused by smoking and about 20% of cancer cases are caused by diet. Experts argue about the cause of the remaining cases of cancer.

And on yet another hand . . .

Most people would agree that people who live in homes with high levels of radon have higher rates of lung cancer than the population average. But people who live in homes with trace amounts of radon have lower incidences of lung cancer than people who live in homes with no radon. The leading theory is that those small amounts of radon trigger and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms. Go figure.

The best we can do is eat sensibly, exercise, get enough rest, try to maintain good hygiene with environmental factors, get regular checkups, and maintain a postive attitude. No guarantees, but that's the most we can do to put the odds in our favor.

Kid needs to be exterminated. Maybe the parents too.

Nothing worse than a welsher! Had run ins with several of those!

The hotel in staying at tonight smells like cigarette smoke. I forgot how much I dislike that smell.

The hotel in staying at tonight smells like cigarette smoke. I forgot how much I dislike that smell.
I need to be reminded of certain things every once in a while. That is not one of them! 🤮

Reactions: KEV
That sucks. I’d almost say take the bet and if you win call him out on the 9th that he owes you from the previous bet and that one abs if you lose then you’ll take it off his tab.

Back