Official Rant of the Day

Public golf around St Louis has turned into an all day event. I’m so glad I rejoined at Glen Echo CC. I am still a pass holder at Gateway National but won’t be renewing after 8 years there. It’s just too busy. I had an 11:39 am tee time yesterday and didn’t even tee off. Pace of play was pushing 5 hours.

I cannot dedicate 7 hours to play a round of golf - travel to/from course, warmup and the dreaded long round.

Heck, the 27th hole golf course just a few miles from me is averaging between 240 and 270 rounds per day!
This latest golf craze is really separating the courses IMO. That crazy full tee sheets are exposing the maintenance staff and the proshop staff that actually don't know what they're doing, at various courses.
Flip side, highlighting the courses that are well run and cared for.

It has been a crappy week for various reasons, but today has been mixed

Every time someone makes a mistake they are very quick to point it out and jump down their throat about it, yet today, after an email thread mentioned about errors that needed to be checked, I did some digging into the issue to find out that this error was made by the same person who is quick to have a go at everyone else, but won't accept that they may have made a mistake - childish I know, but I was sorely tempted to take screenshots of this error and post them in the email trail to show everyone involved

It has been a crappy week for various reasons, but today has been mixed

Every time someone makes a mistake they are very quick to point it out and jump down their throat about it, yet today, after an email thread mentioned about errors that needed to be checked, I did some digging into the issue to find out that this error was made by the same person who is quick to have a go at everyone else, but won't accept that they may have made a mistake - childish I know, but I was sorely tempted to take screenshots of this error and post them in the email trail to show everyone involved

I would, but I'm a prick.

I just killed the 3rd mosquito in my office and saw more flying around!!!! My office is on Lower Level 2....in Arizona. We don't have mosquitos (when compared to other parts of the world). Why are there so many in my office!!!!

I just killed the 3rd mosquito in my office and saw more flying around!!!! My office is on Lower Level 2....in Arizona. We don't have mosquitos (when compared to other parts of the world). Why are there so many in my office!!!!

Highly recommend.
1621614319211.png

Brain says" Hey, you used to bench over 350 lbs all the time!" 58 year old back says " WTF are you doing lifting a 278 lb motor?" 😳🥺

Brain says" Hey, you used to bench over 350 lbs all the time!" 58 year old back says " WTF are you doing lifting a 278 lb motor?" 😳🥺
You’ll have a reminder of that one for a while.

I don't know where you work, but having watched way too many movies and tv shows, its most likely tied to international espionage, and the mosquitos are the first wave in an elaborate scheme that won't be revealed until act three. You'll soon realize you're alone in your office, as everyone else has been poisoned by these mosquitos and your office is about to overrun by foreign infiltrators. Most likely of eastern European persuasion. Next thing you know, a retired Navy SEAL, Army Special Forces or Recon Marine who just happened to be on the grounds will burst through a door to save you from the rogue terrorists. He'll ask you what they're after, but you wont know. Hope you've brushed up on your knock knock jokes, because you're going to have to be the comic relief.

I don't know where you work, but having watched way too many movies and tv shows, its most likely tied to international espionage, and the mosquitos are the first wave in an elaborate scheme that won't be revealed until act three. You'll soon realize you're alone in your office, as everyone else has been poisoned by these mosquitos and your office is about to overrun by foreign infiltrators. Most likely of eastern European persuasion. Next thing you know, a retired Navy SEAL, Army Special Forces or Recon Marine who just happened to be on the grounds will burst through a door to save you from the rogue terrorists. He'll ask you what they're after, but you wont know. Hope you've brushed up on your knock knock jokes, because you're going to have to be the comic relief.
I used to have "nuclear spiders" in the adjoining lab to protect me...but they were moved to the 4th floor.

No more coffee filters in the firehouse, we are using napkins instead haha. Who steals 1000 filters?
Haha! Definitely played that game on Night Shift before. The brown paper towel rolls make the best filters.

I came home from league Thursday night to find our water heater leaking. Luckily it's under warranty still and will get replaced (I have to pay labor). The sucky part is they can't get to it until Monday at the earliest. Owning a home is no fun sometimes.

Mowing has been a complete disaster this month.

--one wire in a wiring harness on the Kubota corroded; had to jump it with an extra piece of wire and wire nuts, for now
--I ran over a piece of grass-colored green rope tied to an old tire (why, and why is it stretched across the yard???) and wrapped it around all three blades
--a lynch pin fell out one of the connection points of an old Mathews Lawn Genie attached to a tractor; it was harder to get it reattached properly than I expected
--got the rope mess unsnarled earlier this week, only to have the belt that drives the Kubota blades break yesterday
--the Lawn Genie's belt broke yesterday, too
--and now this morning, the oil cap on an old Snapper Classic riding mower fell off at some point; oil sloshed all over the back end of it

Last edited:
Mowing has been a complete disaster this month.

--one wire in a wiring harness on the Kubota corroded; had to jump it with an extra piece of wire and wire nuts, for now
--I ran over a piece of grass-colored green rope tied to an old tire (why, and why is it stretched across the yard???) and wrapped it around all three blades
-- a lynch pin fell out one of the connection points of an old Mathews Lawn Genie attached to a tractor; it was harder to get it reattached properly than I expected
--got the rope mess unsnarled earlier this week, only to have the belt that drives the Kubota blades break yesterday
--the Lawn Genie's belt broke yesterday, too
--and now this morning, the oil cap on an old Snapper Classic riding mower fell off at some point; oil sloshed all over the back end of it
I’m guessing you have more than a 1/4 acre to cut!

My 47 year old neighbor is the definition of a trust fund kid. She could not pay her electricity bill 2 years ago without her dad giving her money. He passed away and left her a 7 figure fortune. this week she’s on vacation in Palm Springs. She just got back from MiamI. Last month it was Tulum Mexico and some other destination. She had to jet out to palm springs to deal with the grief of burning man Africa being cancelled again this year due to Covid.

It’s raining

again

my family is driving me nuts. 😂

You should get 10 acres to mow. I’m considering goats. :LOL:
We have 23 acres, about 10 cleared. I highly recommend goats. They, and the cows, do a great job on their portions of it.

It’s raining

again

my family is driving me nuts. 😂

it hasn’t rained here since February! My pond is down considerably and it’s only May!

When your son has a diaper blowout at 4AM in the morning! Alright, I’m up now!

My summer class starts tonight at 4pm. I have to go in early at 12pm for a division meeting with the college President. If this is a we need you to do more with less meeting, I might not have to teach at 4pm! :mad:

As of this past Wednesday masks no longer required in the gym. I got three workouts in without wearing a mask. I didnt like wearing a mask in the gym and it was brutal on the eliptical and for cardio. I dont think i realized just how bad wearing a mask to work out was until i didnt. I cant believe how good i felt working out without a mask. Amazed at the difference and how i felt physically.

I. Hate. Freaking. Rain.

My 47 year old neighbor is the definition of a trust fund kid. She could not pay her electricity bill 2 years ago without her dad giving her money. He passed away and left her a 7 figure fortune. this week she’s on vacation in Palm Springs. She just got back from MiamI. Last month it was Tulum Mexico and some other destination. She had to jet out to palm springs to deal with the grief of burning man Africa being cancelled again this year due to Covid.

in what i do for a living, i see it A LOT. money brings out the crazy in people.

I. Hate. Freaking. Rain.
I’ve heard that rain is a good thing. I believe there’s a song about it. Something about corn and whiskey?

Back