Official Rant of the Day

At least it's not PC LOAD LETTER. "What dos that even mean anyway!" <--Office Space reference:ROFLMAO:

As I was typing my TPS reports, I was also answering a question in our local golf group about what to do on bad lies on the golf course. My answer was “unless it’s marked GUR or there is a local rule for lift, clean and place, I play it Down.’’ Wow. That answer sure triggered a lot of golfers.

Today, my uncle apparently created a second facebook profile, so naturally, since it was early, and I had just woken up and saw the friend request, I went ahead and accepted without looking at anything. So, later on, he asked me how my family was doing on facebook messenger. I thought that was odd since I literally just saw him at the golf course yesterday and chatted with him, so I told him they were doing fine. And then he asked how I was doing, told him fine, just trying to survive the day at work. Then he asked what I was doing today, so I told him I was working in the office. There was a bit of a pause then.

And then, he asked if I knew about the Financial Health and Human Services Program? I told him no. He said he got $150,000.00 tax free, and he doesn't have to pay it back. I thought to myself, 'sweet, tax free money.' Then he told me that I should apply by texting one of the federal agents. So then I asked him about Lisa. He was apparently confused. I thought that was weird, since Lisa is his daughter. So when he said "Lisa??" I replied with "yes, how is she doing?" There was another significant pause. Maybe he was trying to call her to see how she was doing. So as not to cause him to much hassle, I went ahead and responded that I'm sure she's doing fine, and asked for the agent's "official text number" so I could get some of that tax free federal money.

Well, I guess that moved the conversation on. He went ahead and gave me the agent's official text number, and told me Lisa was doing fine. I was relieved. I distinctly remembered Lisa dying 15 years ago, but it was good to hear that despite that, she is ok. Then, I was told that Mark Patrick was the name of the agent and I should text him to see if I was eligible for the money.

Then, being the curious sort that I am, I asked how much it cost for Mark to have the phone line and phone number. My uncle wasn't sure about that, but suggested I get ahold of him to see if I was eligible for that tax free federal money. But unfortunately, that was the end of it. For some reason, his facebook profile was deleted.

Dammit. So much for that tax free federal money.

~Rock

Not a callaway fan right now. I ordered a custom 3 wood on March 27th from golf galaxy. It said "will ship in 10 to 14 days", well we are 1.5 months in. Multiple calls to golf galaxy and they are passing the buck on callaway, saying callaway keeps sending them emails saying it is delayed. Now callaway says June 10th it will ship...lol...so I get it around July.

I'm trying to cancel the order buy they are telling me since it's a custom order they have to get the ok from callaway first. Hello, they didn't even start making it yet.

Never again. I'm going to stick to buying at a store, online sucks.

Not really a rant on my part. More of testament to other's lack of usefull brain cells.

I had set up my hitting station, and went to grab a club. When I turned around, another golfer had already dropped his practice balls about 20 yards in front of me, using the same target I was going to use. I gave him my wth grinning look.

He asked me if he was in my way. I told him no problem, that I would just watch until he was done. That I was in no hurry.

Needless to say, I think my watching had a negative effect on his 100 yard practice routine.......

Dad life is hard sometimes. Both children are running fevers.

I'm not talking about being out on a boat, I manage/mechanic a marina up here and I'm talking down in the engine compartments working on them. This has been my latest project.
View attachment 9006812

OH! I used to know a guy who did that job. He once described to me the ideal boat mechanic. He should be about 3 foot tall, with one arm about 6 foot long, extremely skinny and double jointed, the other arm about 2 foot long and very muscular. He should have one eye mounted on a long stalk so he can see around corners! He told me about a job they did on a 120' yacht whose motor went bad. To go from the top down, would mean going through 4 or 5 decks! The marina owner said, "Screw That!" They went in through the side of the hull, and it was still a bust ass job!

Wreck.

Hydroplaned the dad van, ditched it in a 3 foot deep culvert
Van is replaceable. Hope everyone is okay, that is what matters.

I'm not much of a "ranter" but at yesterday's practice session something very new came up.

I was practicing 120 yard approach shots to a 10' foot diameter green. I usually hit 42 balls. Im always looking for a few balls to stop on the smallish gteen.

Another golfer showed up, and asked me to speed up my practice routine, that he thought I was practicing too slow. He wanted to hit 80 yard shots, which would put his station in front of me. Two other greens were available at 40, and 60 yards.

Now, like others, I'm not a fan of "slow play". I just deal with it, and don't waste time complaining about it.

However, "Slow Practice"? Nope, not buying into that one. That's one of those "pack sand" things. I told the guy I would be done, when I was done, and not until I was done. He didn't wait around.

Hydroplaned the dad van, ditched it in a 3 foot deep culvert

Ouch. As others said, the van is replaceable. On the bright side, right now the engine control computer might be worth more than the normal KBB value.

I'm not much of a "ranter" but at yesterday's practice session something very new came up.

I was practicing 120 yard approach shots to a 10' foot diameter green. I usually hit 42 balls. Im always looking for a few balls to stop on the smallish gteen.

Another golfer showed up, and asked me to speed up my practice routine, that he thought I was practicing too slow. He wanted to hit 80 yard shots, which would put his station in front of me. Two other greens were available at 40, and 60 yards.

Now, like others, I'm not a fan of "slow play". I just deal with it, and don't waste time complaining about it.

However, "Slow Practice"? Nope, not buying into that one. That's one of those "pack sand" things. I told the guy I would be done, when I was done, and not until I was done. He didn't wait around.

Good for you. I don't know how these people find the strength and patience to tolerate us living in their world.:rolleyes:

Mines from Tuesday......

First, has anyone ever taken a 13 on a par 5 and played the same ball the entire time with ZERO penalties? I have. That’s a par and two birdies. It was first hole. I wasn’t warmed up. And I sucked.

Playing league match play against the worlds slowest golfer. He was struggle bussing it too and I think he made an 11. And was already in, I didn’t know what for but figured it had to be better. But that slow ass didn’t concede anything to me (wouldn’t matter I kept two scores one for league rules, the other the closest I could get to the ROG while not hurting myself or my team-I was just a sub but it’s a season long competition so I wanted win them a point).

Played 9 in 3:10. I had work I needed to get back to. The last 5 holes I conceded everything to him (I got the damn point despite the opening score equaling par for three holes). If I hadn’t I might still be there. The guy just had no clue on the course. IF, (big IF) I ever play league there again I’m going to stress that I play ready golf and even in match play if you aren’t keeping up I’m hitting no matter the position.

I have a broken right pinkie metacarpal and every time I Golf I break it again. On our 5th hole we were by the parking lot. I had a shot out of 8” of rough (course was flooded in low areas, no mowing and thick and wet) that I just knew was going to break it again. Somehow I didn’t but I just wanted to leave then and I’d have the perfect excuse. Normally I just drop the club and cuss for a minute. I’d have overplayed it that time.

You know a round is not fun when you intentionally hit a shot you don’t have to (league rules are fluff your lie) hoping to break a bone so your misery can be over.

Dude just had no clue. He’d be 50 yards out, with three balls on the green and the rest of us standing there with our putter off the green waiting for him to hit up. He’d still sit in the cart with no club in hand until he was invited to hit. He’s not a beginner.

No more league golf for me. I walked 27 and carried last time out in 5 hours. A 3:10 9 drives me insane. I conceded some 60+ foot putts for a halve just because I knew it would save us 5-10 minutes. I had to win on the last hole and by then I was pissed off enough at the situation that I forgot how crappy I was and took care of business. Made my putt while he was still 50 yards out, conceded that to him (for the L) shook his hand, and mentally thought “I will never play with dude again”.

Next rant-work. Thought I was done doing Covid Vaccine clinics. Hahahahahaha. Other than today, and my 5 hour absence for that stupid 9 holes I’ve worked 6a-10p Mon-Weds.

Pfizer has been approved for 12-15 year olds so now we’re doing our second stint at the schools. It was staff 2-3 months back.

The problem with first time dose clinics is I’ll be back in 3 weeks. Since I didn’t rebreak that bone, in 3-4 weeks I’m going to want to golf a lot. It’s really not that big of a deal pain wise, I just need to let it heal. My company asks for volunteers but we’re all about volunteered out. So then they just assign. A bunch of staff jumped once they started mandatory sending us to them regardless of our days off, etc. so now most of us just wait to see what pops into our schedule.

I still volunteer for one or two a week, but at some point the leaving at 6am and getting home at 11pm days have to stop. I can’t do it much longer. Not 2-3 in a row anyways.

If your neighbor has a pool and you want them to think you’re an a-hole, plant bougainvilleas in your yard.

You’ll understand on the first windy day.

I don’t know if this constitutes as a rant but G**Damnit…. I am so tired of dragging my ass around the golf course with back pain, shoulder pain, etc…. This getting older business (while i guess better than the alternative) is really wearing on me and taking the enjoyment out of so many things. I can only guess how I’ll feel, physically, in another 10 years and my guess is… not too good.

I don’t know if this constitutes as a rant but G**Damnit…. I am so tired of dragging my ass around the golf course with back pain, shoulder pain, etc…. This getting older business (while i guess better than the alternative) is really wearing on me and taking the enjoyment out of so many things. I can only guess how I’ll feel, physically, in another 10 years and my guess is… not too good.

Some things I do:

I take a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement daily (1500/1200 mgs). I know if I miss two days. It may not be life-changing but you'll probably notice a difference after taking them for a month.

Drink enough water to keep those joints hydrated.

Things I know I should do nut haven't yet:

Lose some weight to reduce stress on those joints.

Do stretching exercises faithfully.

Spent hours tonight troubleshooting why TGC 2019 wasn’t working with SkyTrak. Customer service only M-F 8-5. I am not a happy camper.

Public golf around St Louis has turned into an all day event. I’m so glad I rejoined at Glen Echo CC. I am still a pass holder at Gateway National but won’t be renewing after 8 years there. It’s just too busy. I had an 11:39 am tee time yesterday and didn’t even tee off. Pace of play was pushing 5 hours.

I cannot dedicate 7 hours to play a round of golf - travel to/from course, warmup and the dreaded long round.

Heck, the 27th hole golf course just a few miles from me is averaging between 240 and 270 rounds per day!

Back