Official Rant of the Day

So, a curious question came up with me.

I was a bit perturbed but didn't say anything.

I had recently purchased a new set of irons and a putter after a fitting with @Club Champion. The irons came in first and when I went to pick them up the person gave them all to me just as a group of irons. No box, nothing holding them together, just 6 thru PW each by themselves.

A few weeks later I went back to pick up the putter ordered and again, just the putter by itself with no box or anything.

Is this normal for most? And, would it bother you to purchase a new set of clubs and just get the clubs by themself?

The clubs I've gotten from the box store came in a box. Same thing for the ones I've ordered off of the internet. I understand the response by Club Champion and kind of see their logic... but I would still want the box because I might want to ship the clubs at some point or sell them... or whatever.

Plus, it's jut the experience of opening the box, seeing the SHINY and removing the plastic.(y)(y)

There was a break in tjhe monsoon, so I trimmed a few bushes around the outside tonight. Couldn't complete a burning bush because I uncovered a bird's nest with two little birdlings in it. If I had been half an inch lower I would have mangled them, and they still may not make it because now the nest is exposed. I didn't know it was there, but I thought I'd waited long enough to avoid this. If it had been a chipmunk or mice, I wouldn't have sweated it, but birds? All they do is eat bugs and bomb my car. Feeling much regret right now.

Don't feel bad. There were 2 families of birds that set up nests in my garage over a couple of months. They raised 7 little birds that flew off into the big wide world. So you're offset some. :D(y)(y)

Don't feel bad. There were 2 families of birds that set up nests in my garage over a couple of months. They raised 7 little birds that flew off into the big wide world. So you're offset some. :D(y)(y)

Thanks! When I checked today, there were three birds, all breathing. We'll see, I guess.

My employer has thousands of employees around the world. So when they decided to offer a free webinar on "work-life balance," they decided to offer a single session - at 7 am Monday at global HQ, 4 am Monday on the US West Coast, 7 pm Monday evening in China, and 8 pm Monday evening in Japan. I understand that when we have to have a global meeting, early morning in the eastern US makes the most sense, but did we really have to have a single global session for THIS topic???

FedEx ground. I know it’s not really FedEx, but it is unreliable, extremely slow and annoying. A package was supposed to be delivered Friday, a good 5+ days after order, from Kansas. It got to Indiana on Friday. Today, it’s in WV, Saturday it was in MD. I’m in VA.

Meanwhile, I order from JAPAN a couple clubs Saturday. Picked up and moving already likely will have in hand by Wednesday.

The order from Kansas? 🤷‍♂️ From should be delivered last Friday to pending 3 days later.

For all the flack that USPS gets, much of which is deserved, I’ve almost always gotten great overall service from them. FedEx ground, never.

Why do they put their name on such an awful service?

FedEx ground. I know it’s not really FedEx, but it is unreliable, extremely slow and annoying. A package was supposed to be delivered Friday, a good 5+ days after order, from Kansas. It got to Indiana on Friday. Today, it’s in WV, Saturday it was in MD. I’m in VA.

Meanwhile, I order from JAPAN a couple clubs Saturday. Picked up and moving already likely will have in hand by Wednesday.

The order from Kansas? 🤷‍♂️ From should be delivered last Friday to pending 3 days later.

For all the flack that USPS gets, much of which is deserved, I’ve almost always gotten great overall service from them. FedEx ground, never.

Why do they put their name on such an awful service?
I’m waiting on a package from Arizona since the 29th and all USPS can tell me is it is in transit. No new scans since then either beginning to think the package carriers employees have incredible clubs.

It's funny - not really, I think I agree to some extent, my sister sent well concealed cash to my daughter about 2 or 3 years ago, magic that the envelope was torn and no cash inside - and the note was fully intact. I'm not trying to speculate, but well, it's funny.

I do wonder this though - is it possible that some things get better service from shipping (all of them) in certain areas? I am near DC never lost a package or sent one that arrived damaged (other than that cash) - via USPS. Same for UPS or FEDEX, but both UPS an FEDEX have been extremely slow here, much slower than USPS.

Now, I did send a package to Hawaii, and it took forever, and another to southern VA, it too took forever, both of those (sent priority, in USPS packaging), were sent at the height of the USPS issues of late Dec - into early Feb.

Still - I wonder how much (If any) is sort of regional, might be interesting to see where say Fedex is best for shipping, versus the others - could help us as both shippers and receivers in choosing the right option.

I do remain steadfast (despite your package) in the Fedex ground is the worst option for most people, most of the time!

Quick update the package picked up in Kansas on the 13th, still in WV, approaching 48 hours.

The package from JAPAN should arrive in CA tonight or tomorrow.

FedEx ground, whenyou just don’t need it period.
FedEx grind when it absolutely positively doesn’t matter when, or if it arrives.

I ordered clubs for my wife on the 12th and had them fed ex on the 15th so no complaint but I do have a rant.

I unpacked the 9 clubs. 3 hybrids and 6i through sw, exactly what I ordered. I opened the box in the living room and we went though them; all present. I brought a few of them out to the garage to re-grip them. Then I brought out more to be re-gripped and somehow in that process misplaced the 6 iron. It was definitely included but after three days of searching, it appears to have vanished.

We have searched and searched in every room, every garage, every vehicle, my golf bag, all around the yard and property, in trash barrels, in the shipping box, under couches, behind doors, in the refrigerator, the oven, you know, we're down to crazy places. It is simply gone and how do you lose a club? It's not a set of car keys. Cripes...truly frustrating because I've done the give up looking, it'll just show up sometime thing a couple of times. It ain't showing up.

The only scenario I can imagine is a real doozy. A bear busted in through the garage window and got to the trash this week....dragged a couple of bags out and hauled em off toward the woods. Did he snatch up the club and run off with it?

...yeah, Like a said, a real doozy but I'm pulling my hair out in search of WTH happened to it.

I ordered clubs for my wife on the 12th and had them fed ex on the 15th so no complaint but I do have a rant.

I unpacked the 9 clubs. 3 hybrids and 6i through sw, exactly what I ordered. I opened the box in the living room and we went though them; all present. I brought a few of them out to the garage to re-grip them. Then I brought out more to be re-gripped and somehow in that process misplaced the 6 iron. It was definitely included but after three days of searching, it appears to have vanished.

We have searched and searched in every room, every garage, every vehicle, my golf bag, all around the yard and property, in trash barrels, in the shipping box, under couches, behind doors, in the refrigerator, the oven, you know, we're down to crazy places. It is simply gone and how do you lose a club? It's not a set of car keys. Cripes...truly frustrating because I've done the give up looking, it'll just show up sometime thing a couple of times. It ain't showing up.

The only scenario I can imagine is a real doozy. A bear busted in through the garage window and got to the trash this week....dragged a couple of bags out and hauled em off toward the woods. Did he snatch up the club and run off with it?

...yeah, Like a said, a real doozy but I'm pulling my hair out in search of WTH happened to it.
It’s a race! Will you find the missing 6 iron before I find my box of missing cabinet hardware…? How does this happen?!

My employer has thousands of employees around the world. So when they decided to offer a free webinar on "work-life balance," they decided to offer a single session - at 7 am Monday at global HQ, 4 am Monday on the US West Coast, 7 pm Monday evening in China, and 8 pm Monday evening in Japan. I understand that when we have to have a global meeting, early morning in the eastern US makes the most sense, but did we really have to have a single global session for THIS topic???

Tell 'em that you'll be working on your "sleep-life balance" during the presentation.

Nothing epitomizes balancing your work and personal life like getting up at 4am, or cutting dinner with the family short to watch some work seminar.

So we have a new guy on our team. I was somehow selected to train him. I thought no big deal, but the guy has no idea how to use word or really computers in general and our job is 100% done on computers. Not sure how he was hired not understanding computers and word, at least the basic functions. I'm trying to make it as basic as possible for him, but he's not getting it. Not sure what else to do right now. Just frustrating.

So we have a new guy on our team. I was somehow selected to train him. I thought no big deal, but the guy has no idea how to use word or really computers in general and our job is 100% done on computers. Not sure how he was hired not understanding computers and word, at least the basic functions. I'm trying to make it as basic as possible for him, but he's not getting it. Not sure what else to do right now. Just frustrating.

tenor.gif

Ok, the saga continues. Hagerstown MD (80 miles) from me, Saturday 17 th. Arrives in Martinsburg WV (75 miles from me) Sunday -our maybe Saturday night. 48 hours later, it’s…not moved.
Package from Japan, while still in Japan is moving, appears to be at it near the airport that it would fly out of.
But wait, here’s comes USPS from CA on the outside, left today, expected on Saturday.
And UPS says hold my beer. Shipped today, promised by Friday.

Who will win this battle of titans?

And people wonder why Amazon does volume!

Not so much a rant from me, but Jen messaged me this morning to say she had been notified via the UK track and trace app that she has to self-isolate for 7 days due to being in the vicinity of someone who has tested positive for COVID recently

She has no symptoms, I have done a lateral flow test at work today and it is negative, so I don't have to isolate unless she has either a positive PCR test or either of us develop symptoms

We were supposed to be playing golf this evening, but that isn't going to happen now (unless I go by myself), and we have had to change a few other plans around for the next week as well

Shipping Rant Update:
Kansas to VA - Fedex Ground 10 days, may (and it's a big may) be delivered on 23 July. It's still in WV has not moved from there since Saturday.
Tokyo to VA - Fedex - no idea what service but good service. Is at the airport in my state, will be delivered tomorrow. Was sent Monday.
CA to VA - USPS scheduled for delivery Saturday, sent Monday
CA to VA - UPS scheduled for Monday, sent Tuesday.

I hereby note and state, I will not do business with a company that sends stuff Fedex ground - either they pay for the upgrade or I will find another vendor.

Again I ask, why on earth would Fedex put their name on a service that is terrible? Jeez rename it 2 guys and a truck - you get it when you get it - so shut up (or something snappy, like SlugEx)?

Edit: I’m now told the package from TOKYO, ordered Saturday night, out for delivery. That’s 6774 miles away. 4 days. Kansas, 1089 miles, 10 days and counting.

Edit 2: two brand new titleist fwy wood delivered in perfect working order, with wrenches and headcovers.

Last edited:
Your life is in balance when your wife, kids and business partners are all equally pissed off at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This, and you’re equally unhappy.

People that don't own dogs come to your house and are annoyed every 3 seconds because your dog is acting like a dog. There's the door, don't let it hit your ass on the way out 😆

I absolutely agree with this! Some people just haven't been raised properly, and don't understand dog behavior!

Confidential shredding.
File folders are not to be shredded.
How do you send us all your confidential shredding? Ummmmm in file folders.

I sorted through a bin as an experiment. 50 lbs of stuff was actual material to be shredded. 100 lbs was just basic recycling that shouldn't have been in the bins.....
Someone is getting their shredding priviledges revoked.

C'mon Amazon

order placed July 10, if I can ship to Florida in 2 days for $20 you can take less than 2 weeks to have an estimated delivery date

amazon.jpg

A PM just sent me nearly 10 hours of weekly meetings that I’m “required” to be at including a 3.5 hour meeting every Wednesday right in the middle of the day. WTF??? I have a dozen or so projects going on all of which require a lot of my time and he just blasts the entire project team for weekly meetings.

I declined the big one and sent tentative on the rest. He sent me a note back saying that I can “multitask” and just be online - that way I can just be available if something comes up during the Meetings. How about a big Go f**k Yourself! Manage your project better and get the resources in when needed instead of expecting everyone to just show up and wait.

It’s so humid today! You can cut the air with a knife!🥵

Back