Official Rant of the Day

Why does Walmart build 20+ manned checkouts in its stores but no more than 5 or 6 are ever staffed no matter how many people are in line? And half or more of the self checkouts are cash only or completely down. But, I’ll say it’s my fault for going there. I should know better.
I refuse to use self checkouts. I'm not a store's free labor. Now, start giving me a discount for doing the labor of the employees that you found so disposable with your cute little checkout and we'll talk. Otherwise I'll wait in line. If your line lengths are unbearable, I'll waste both of our time by leaving my entire cart full of groceries right there and walk out. I've been known to do this several times and pisses my wife off but, nope.

I refuse to use self checkouts. I'm not a store's free labor. Now, start giving me a discount for doing the labor of the employees that you found so disposable with your cute little checkout and we'll talk. Otherwise I'll wait in line. If your line lengths are unbearable, I'll waste both of our time by leaving my entire cart full of groceries right there and walk out. I've been known to do this several times and pisses my wife off but, nope.
Preach it, brother.

Why does Walmart build 20+ manned checkouts in its stores but no more than 5 or 6 are ever staffed no matter how many people are in line? And half or more of the self checkouts are cash only or completely down. But, I’ll say it’s my fault for going there. I should know better.

First, I try not to shop at Walmart. But sometimes that’s where I need to go. As for checkout lines, I don’t get it either. But I value my time, so if self checkout is faster I use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we had an issue with my youngest last year during my busy season. we chalked it up to some immaturity, and it stopped for the rest of the year. but it's already started again as I enter into my busy season. looks like we're going to have to get him some counseling. we just don't know how to help him with this, so hopefully getting in front of it with some professional help will give him the tools to manage this.

we had an issue with my youngest last year during my busy season. we chalked it up to some immaturity, and it stopped for the rest of the year. but it's already started again as I enter into my busy season. looks like we're going to have to get him some counseling. we just don't know how to help him with this, so hopefully getting in front of it with some professional help will give him the tools to manage this.
Hope you can.

Every now and then I get a reminder why moving 1700 miles from my family was a truly inspired idea.

Just when I think my recovery is on the fast track, my body says otherwise ?

Prayers brother. Take care of yourself.

Good luck with it Mclovin. My wife is a counselor and would say you're on the right track but getting ahead of it. Trying to fix an issue before it gets too out of hand will be helpful.

Mclovin good luck with the counseling.

Are you a CPA?

Txt me anytime brother. My 8yr old was having issues. We went to therapy, then realized it was us and his teachers who weren’t approaching him the way he “He” would respond and would process things. It’s made a huge difference both in and out of school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true. Crazy that all stores seem to be removing these to create bigger self checkout.

Played a course for the first time yesterday. The practice green was in great shape and very fast. I warmed up and got comfortable with the green speeds only to have the actual greens on the course be way slower. Took me way too long to adjust but it was hard with how fast the practice greens were..

The steak on my hibachi I got for lunch is severely overcooked.

I get an email for something time sensitive and am told they need something right away. I email back right away with what they need, and ask them to confirm that is in fact what they need. Do you think I get an email back? It's been 10 minutes already since I sent the message. Stuff like this drives me crazy.

I get an email for something time sensitive and am told they need something right away. I email back right away with what they need, and ask them to confirm that is in fact what they need. Do you think I get an email back? It's been 10 minutes already since I sent the message. Stuff like this drives me crazy.
Hurry up and wait, eh? I know the frustration.

Look into EMDR therapy. It is amazing how it works.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Pain is only weakness leaving the body. The only hard day was yesterday.

Pain is only weakness leaving the body. The only hard day was yesterday.

I haven’t been laid up in a while...mostly because I hated how cooped up I was before during post-op and rehab...the pain is fine. Being cooped up and "restrained" drives me absolutely crazy.

Man I hate being sick. At least I'm finally able to open my eyes now without light killing me.

First time Ive really experienced the post Superbowl call in sick wave. Half our crew didn’t come in today. Of course we have had several equipment failures so this is the first chance I’ve had to take a breath and dip into THP.

My mouse keeps changing it's setting for how quickly it scrolls.

So annoying!

Back