Offseason work with TrueMotionGolf

MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
So this will be my first dive into golf instruction of any sort. Never had an in person or online lesson. Figured since it is getting to cold to play might as well try them out. Working with @TrueMotionMatt to help get my game in shape for next season.

Only been about a week so far but Matt is very engaging and easy to reach. You can text him any thoughts and movements to make sure you are on track.
Right now we are working on getting the proper balance points in the set up and making a full turn without any unnecessary movement. Harder than you think when you have had something ingrained in your head for so long. All this is being done without a club at the moment. Trying to get the right feels and then drill it in for muscle memory.
We will see how it goes but so far so good.

So this will be my first dive into golf instruction of any sort. Never had an in person or online lesson. Figured since it is getting to cold to play might as well try them out. Working with @TrueMotionMatt to help get my game in shape for next season.

Only been about a week so far but Matt is very engaging and easy to reach. You can text him any thoughts and movements to make sure you are on track.
Right now we are working on getting the proper balance points in the set up and making a full turn without any unnecessary movement. Harder than you think when you have had something ingrained in your head for so long. All this is being done without a club at the moment. Trying to get the right feels and then drill it in for muscle memory.

Great first step in any teacher student relationship, communication and availability is key. Looking forward to following along.

Great to hear and sounds like you are on a good track.

Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

I'm probably going to be doing this starting in a couple of weeks. I'm interested in what Tru Motion can do.

@MarMill8412 is doing great so far...And as I'm sure he can attest to, watching a video and trying to replicate that exact same thing you saw on video is pretty difficult to do. I thought I made good videos. 🤷‍♂️ Actually, It really doesn't matter how good the videos are. 😂We tried getting players to simply watch videos and work on their swing with ten online students last year, and found out that they needed Feedback, so we pivoted our model to include Feedback. It costs a bit more for players, but is way more effective.

Act fast kids, the ability to text us is limited. We will still offer Feedback as part of our program, but it will be posting in our Community or via email.

@MarMill8412 is doing great so far...And as I'm sure he can attest to, watching a video and trying to replicate that exact same thing you saw on video is pretty difficult to do. I thought I made good videos. 🤷‍♂️ Actually, It really doesn't matter how good the videos are. 😂We tried getting players to simply watch videos and work on their swing with ten online students last year, and found out that they needed Feedback, so we pivoted our model to include Feedback. It costs a bit more for players, but is way more effective.

Act fast kids, the ability to text us is limited. We will still offer Feedback as part of our program, but it will be posting in our Community or via email.
He will regret letting me text him whenever haha. I asked if he had office hours and he just said text away! Jump on it!

He will regret letting me text him whenever haha. I asked if he had office hours and he just said text away! Jump on it!

It's nice to see the feedback from the people who are using the program. I know that you are not the only one, and all have been very positive in their feedback.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience. You already have a good swing, so will be interested to see what changes or tweaks are made.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience. You already have a good swing, so will be interested to see what changes or tweaks are made.
Currently working through about 1000 reps of backswing feels. I think trying to take some of the sway forward/back and lateral shifting will make me much more consistent. Hope it helps with the driver. I am dropping the 3 wood this next season and playing with something else instead.

Will be a good follow this winter season. ;looking forward to keeping up with you

Will be a good follow this winter season. ;looking forward to keeping up with you
I think now is the time to try and do this. I couldn't imagine doing all these reps with no club and stuff in the middle of golf season.

I'm gonna have to give this some serious thought. I can't play and I want to do something. It would be nice to hit the ground running next season and, yeah, @MarMill is right: Taking time for drills is tough during the season.

I'm gonna have to give this some serious thought. I can't play and I want to do something. It would be nice to hit the ground running next season and, yeah, @MarMill is right: Taking time for drills is tough during the season.
@TrueMotionMatt has been really helpful so far. It’s nice to be able to text him videos and get feedback and drills pretty quick. I know that will be going away when they launch the only platform I think.

We have a method for during the season as well. You gotta keep grinding at getting better if something is really messed up, otherwise it’s short game during season which is easy to learn and gets better with experimentation once u know the methods.

Looking forward to following along and seeing your progress.

Good stuff @MarMill I’m looking forward to seeing towering draws in the future from you. Did he suggest you get rid of the numbers in your name too? 😂😂😂

Good stuff @MarMill I’m looking forward to seeing towering draws in the future from you. Did he suggest you get rid of the numbers in your name too? 😂😂😂
I would rather play some towering fades. Draws just don't fit my eye because I have always played a fade.

I would rather play some towering fades. Draws just don't fit my eye because I have always played a fade.

Either way, I hope he helps you hit the ball higher!

Update: Still working on the backswing right now. Working on staying centered and getting a little more weight in the right heel on the take away. Also trying to limit some wrist hinge which I think was causing me to do some weird spine tilting at the top of the swing. Hopefully getting a solid backswing foundation will make transition and impact more balanced and on the right plane coming down.

So @MarMill agreed that I post his awesome progress that he's accomplished in just a couple weeks working with me. Here's what we've done, and it was all done remotely with feedback.
  1. We cleaned up his SetUP (about a week)....he was setting up on his toes, then getting back to have good balance points. So he was eventually getting a good SetUp, but we'd prefer that he not move around as much...it's all about simplifying things.
  2. We got him a better Turn & Pivot Back (about a week or a bit more)- Had him learn how to feel what a Pull back is like then work on it...He sent me Feedback BEFORE he practiced to make sure he was doing things correctly, Then he did close to 1,000 reps while making sure he's doing them correctly in a mirror. Most of the work has been on this centered and balanced pull back I'm about to show you.
  3. We got him a more standard grip (one short session) - He was holding the club in his palm which affected his Takeaway (more inside than we'd like)
All simple changes. I think a lot of people freak out about making changes, and think we're going to mess them up. These changes weren't dramatic, and Will can still play golf, and these changes will start to creep into his swing over time, as long as he keeps doing the Reps in the Mirror to make sure he does them correctly.

Back