Ogio Silencer Stand Bag - THP Review Thread

Dean, your writing continues to improve my friend. Bravo on that, seriously, bravo.

You know me, and we talked about it on the THP Radio show "On the Tee Box", I am a massive fan of that Woode top, and if not for our job necessitating way more than 14 clubs much of the time, I would be all over this. LOVE that they are expanding the silencer tech as I think it is solid.

Really nice review Dean. This bag is on my short list for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review Dean! I've been looking at this bag for sure. Did you try it on a push cart like the Clicgear? Wondering how it would fit with the way the kickstand is designed.

So I have had this bag for a few range sessions and a full 18, here are my initial thoughts

-Overall I'm really liking the design. I purchased this bag to keep the bag chatter off my new irons and it does its job.

-The pockets are well thought out in terms of how many and their functionality. The valuables pocket is pretty cool with the "divider" in there so your keys can go in one spot and anything else (cell phone, etc) in the other without getting scratched up. Plenty of room for all the stuff I need/store in my bag

-The shoulder straps are solid. The padding that is offered really helps and at times feels like the bag isn't even on my shoulders.

-The Silencer functionality took some getting used to. I struggled initially feeling like the clubs "latched" into the correct slot. After some trial and error I have all the clubs properly secure, but still struggle sometimes putting the clubs back into the bag. One thing you know is that when they are not properly secured you can tell because the clubs are sticking out of the bag "higher/taller" than they would normally sit.

-The bag is really constructed well. It doesn't look or feel cheap at all. The base might be my favorite thing about this bag. I can sit this bag down without using the legs and it will sit just like a cart bag would. The legs are sturdy and kick out perfectly every time and I've had no issues with them retracting back incorrectly. Some of my Callaway bags the legs would get caught up or snap back overlapping the back of the bag, not with this one.

-The only knock right now is how it sits on the cart when riding. As Dean mentioned earlier, because of the base it will not fit they way a normal stand bag would on the back of a cart. It does have the "slot" underneath the pockets for the cart strap so you can place it normally, but it will not be flush at the bottom of the cart. Sideways it fits and works well, but I rather not have it that way. It's something I knew about the bag before I purchased so I can't be upset/shocked. I'll deal with it.

This is a good looking bag aesthetically and it functions as it was designed for. I will admit this will be a bag I will not use long term as I switch out bags frequently, but I will use this one for a while as I'm really liking the functionality and design.

Has anyone used this bag with Arccos or game golf live? I'm interested in how the silencer features affect the trackers - particularly with arccos.

Great review Dean! I've been looking at this bag for sure. Did you try it on a push cart like the Clicgear? Wondering how it would fit with the way the kickstand is designed.

Any reviews with the stand bag version on a clicgear? Would the cart bag version be better for use with clicgear?

Any reviews with the stand bag version on a clicgear? Would the cart bag version be better for use with clicgear?

I used it on my clicgear. It was fine. I'll snap a pic fr you tonight if you'd like.

I used it on my clicgear. It was fine. I'll snap a pic fr you tonight if you'd like.

I would love some pics! I am really pondering this, but I use a push cart, so I want to make sure it sits well.

I would love some pics! I am really pondering this, but I use a push cart, so I want to make sure it sits well.
Will take care of it tonight.

Apparently my cliqgear got borrowed. Will have it back tonight and snap a shot.

Some quick shots from last night. Sits on it fine. Base isn't a problem. I only threw it on quickly last night, a little more attention and you can probably get it in a little better.

6b9dc90104a2e8b3cc89b48d338452ab.jpg

5f527177528ef02ee4268e8e07efde25.jpg

efba9db0948d9fd72b76cf8446cced7b.jpg

Thank you for those pics. Very helpful.

Think i might have to pull the trigger on this.

Has anyone used this bag with Arccos or game golf live? I'm interested in how the silencer features affect the trackers - particularly with arccos.

Bumping this. I don't think I heard any discussion of this yet. I wonder if the GameGolf tabs get stuck/come off the grip when using this style of bag.

I can't comment on that as I don't have Arccos or GG

Bumping this. I don't think I heard any discussion of this yet. I wonder if the GameGolf tabs get stuck/come off the grip when using this style of bag.
I use Golfpad GPS and my clubs have tags. Havent had an issue with my silencer or the tags.

I also use a cliqgear with no mounting issues.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've used Arccos with my silencer and have had zero issues.

I've been using the ogio silencer stand bag with my clicgear 3.5+ for a couple weeks now. I got it to reduce any bag chatter with my new JPX 900F. I get zero bag chatter....even when rolling over rough ground. Taking the clubs out is uneventful. Putting them back isn't hard at all, especially after you get the hand of how it works. If you're one that likes to just drop and throw your clubs down in the bag, as you do have to guide it down in a way, then the silencer isn't for you. Then again if you do that you probably aren't looking for something like the silencer in the first place.

Although I haven't been able to test it mid summer, One of my complaints is the insulated beverage holder. It is a drop in pocket unlike my nike air sport which zips up and seals the compartment better. Whether this impacts how well it keeps the drink cool remains to be seen.
The other complaint I have is that the bottom two slots acutually make the clubs you put there sit higher than the ones above it. It's just the design of the bottom of the bag to make room for the stand mechanism....but a drawback non the less.

Hopefully it holds up and overall I'm happy with the bag. I will probably replace it with another one when the time comes...maybe with the cart version

Man this bag, in stand or cart, is high on my ponder list, I keep re reading all this great info on it, just curious what the durability of the lock setup would be long term. I still need to find one in person to feel/see it in use.

I'm now on my 3rd silencer bag from the past 4+ years. First the Chamber cart bag, and then 2 Silencer Stand bags. The lock setup was going strong in each back when I replaced them. I replaced them just because they get worn out looking after 2 years of use, but the bags functioned fine (stand legs/spring, silencer tech, zippers, etc.).

I know this is a old thread but I just purchased a Silencer Cart Bag and I could not be more pleased with it. It is 2 lbs lighter than the C130 it replaced, has plenty of storage and the Silencer system is so nice. It keeps the clubs sitting in the bag at the same angle that I arrange them for easy access and very secure. I have CP2 Wrap mid size grips and they lock in very easy. My only complaint would be more color options. I went with the Dark Grey added a Blue Club Glove Caddy Towel and it looks great.

At my lesson with my clubs Head Pro last week, he was checking it out and placed a order to carry the Cart and Stand bags in the Pro Shop. I got mine from Budget Golf for $203 shipped using the THP 15% off with their already reduced price of $239.

Back