Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Anyone have any course recommendations between Cleveland and Columbus? Somewhere in the middle of it preferably. $40-$60 range.

Right smack in the middle off of I-71 sits Deer Ridge. It’s a little quirky but usually a fun course always in great shape. Mountain golf in Ohio.

There’s also Ashland Golf Club, almost in the middle. It was rated as the 8th best course for under $50.00 on the US.

Played it last weekend with @Grins and @Hamfist. I’ll hesrtily recommend it as well for a Parkland course. It’s not quite in the same shape as 2-3 years ago but still a great course. Just been too dry.

Played every course but Punderson. I think Tanglewood has got to be the most underrated course in the area. Heard the conditions have improved a ton since I played. Ended up playing Roses Run this afternoon got a great deal on a tee time. Probably will end up playing Kensington possibly Thursday or maybe Flying B. Didn’t know anyone else on here was from the Youngstown area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just recently joined. Got tired of the PC bullcrap and browbeating over at The Sand Trap! I agree with you about Tanglewood. I booked the tee times through Golfnow, and they asked me to write a review of the course. I love the design, and said that the rough spots on the course were the result of work being done, not work being ignored. I have a book called The Cleveland Golfers Bible. In the review for Tanglewood, Fuzzy Zoeller, who was brought in for the inaugural round said, "All they'd have to do is grow the rough, and you could hold the Open here!"

And I've played Roses Run as well. Isn't it funny how a Brian Huntley design is almost immediately recognizable? Kensington and Firestone Farms are both Huntley designs. And I played in an outing at Eagle Creek, just south of Norwalk, and the instant I stepped on the first tee I thought, "This looks like a Brian Huntley course." Checked in the pro shop at the end and, sure enough, it was!

Anyone have any course recommendations between Cleveland and Columbus? Somewhere in the middle of it preferably. $40-$60 range.
Deer Ridge is perfect for the halfway point.

Anyone on Grint play in any events? Saw this one in Columbus and considering going down to play some real tournament competitive golf.
View attachment 8963552

A friend and I were going to enter just to see how it worked. It would be the first tournament i entered.

Have fun as I am sure it will be fun!

Where are you playing?

Right smack in the middle off of I-71 sits Deer Ridge. It’s a little quirky but usually a fun course always in great shape. Mountain golf in Ohio.

There’s also Ashland Golf Club, almost in the middle. It was rated as the 8th best course for under $50.00 on the US.

Played it last weekend with @Grins and @Hamfist. I’ll hesrtily recommend it as well for a Parkland course. It’s not quite in the same shape as 2-3 years ago but still a great course. Just been too dry.

Love Deer Ridge

Thanks for the recommendation. Will be doing deer ridge next weekend!

If you need a 4th with course knowledge.... just saying.

My kid (4hc) just shot a 52 there (for 9 for clarification). They top dressed the greens. It’s doom time for mortals. He said they’re rolling 12-13. They always jack them up for any competition though.

52 with 25 putts for 9? Ouch.

I just recently joined. Got tired of the PC bullcrap and browbeating over at The Sand Trap! I agree with you about Tanglewood. I booked the tee times through Golfnow, and they asked me to write a review of the course. I love the design, and said that the rough spots on the course were the result of work being done, not work being ignored. I have a book called The Cleveland Golfers Bible. In the review for Tanglewood, Fuzzy Zoeller, who was brought in for the inaugural round said, "All they'd have to do is grow the rough, and you could hold the Open here!"

And I've played Roses Run as well. Isn't it funny how a Brian Huntley design is almost immediately recognizable? Kensington and Firestone Farms are both Huntley designs. And I played in an outing at Eagle Creek, just south of Norwalk, and the instant I stepped on the first tee I thought, "This looks like a Brian Huntley course." Checked in the pro shop at the end and, sure enough, it was!
Absolutely loved Eagle Creek. Very interesting layout.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Absolutely loved Eagle Creek. Very interesting layout.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Played Eagle Creek this year for the first time. Great course. Fun layout.... Would make the drive out there again!

Just signed up for the Grint Tour Columbus Cup in October. I will let you guys know how it is! Anyone else wanna join?

Has anyone played Bent Tree Golf Club in Sunbury?

We had a get together there a couple years ago with North Star. Bent Tree is a solid layout and was in great shape from what I remember

Yes, a couple of years ago. Though it was a nice course. One of the par 4's, can't remember which one, is drivable if you can hit it, if not, you need to lay up because there's a creek that runs across it in front of the fairway about 2/3rd's of they way down.

We had a get together there a couple years ago with North Star. Bent Tree is a solid layout and was in great shape from what I remember

Awesome. Great to hear. The Grint Tour Tournament is being played there and was looking for advice on the course!

Awesome. Great to hear. The Grint Tour Tournament is being played there and was looking for advice on the course!

That's really the only hole that stands out to me. You may want to try and map it out with Google. I wouldn't offer advice because I'm a **** golfer!

That's really the only hole that stands out to me. You may want to try and map it out with Google. I wouldn't offer advice because I'm a **** golfer!

Haha I would still respect your advice! Google Maps is a good idea.

I haven't since at least last year but am playing there on Sunday. I always find myself in the bunkers on this course for some reason. There are a lot of them but I feel like I hit every single one.

I loved Bent Tree when we played there a couple years ago in a get together. good mix of very scorable and just take your par and move along holes.

I haven't since at least last year but am playing there on Sunday. I always find myself in the bunkers on this course for some reason. There are a lot of them but I feel like I hit every single one.

I saw one green is completely surrounded by bunkers. 👀

First par 5 at bent tree, #3 I think there are bunkers at the top of the hill to make you think the green is right there, but you have some 30 yards to the green...15 depending on the tees, you can get your tee shot close to the pond which leaves about 150-160 into the green for an eagle, but it's all carry over a pond.

I like that layout a lot

First par 5 at bent tree, #3 I think there are bunkers at the top of the hill to make you think the green is right there, but you have some 30 yards to the green...15 depending on the tees, you can get your tee shot close to the pond which leaves about 150-160 into the green for an eagle, but it's all carry over a pond.

I like that layout a lot

http://www.cigl.org/

Any golfers in the cleveland-Akron area looking to play in a Travel Saturday league?. I am currently in this league but am looking to break away from my team and put my own team in. 6 guys play each week in matches, but because of vacations and other commitments I will need to carry 10 to 14 players on the roster. I currently have 6 solid commitments to play but obviously need a few more. I am looking for guys who could play at least 6 weeks to be eligible to play in the playoffs if we make it. I have included the website to the league so you can look around and see what courses we play and what the competition looks like. HDCP's range from a +1 to a 25. Let me know if you would be interested in playing.

thanks
Joe

The munchkin and I are playing Thunderbird South (practice round for him for sectionals, as forewarning, but will play like a normal round) at 2:20 on Sunday. $36.00 all in, anyone want in?

He’s about a 3hc I’m about a (who cares-16??) but have fun golfing. Even if if now supremely suck, lol.

Shoot me a PM if interested. The kid is good(ish). I’m a circus side show at this point, but again I enjoy the hell out of golfing.

Back