Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Saturday October 9th: Elks run golf club, Batavia,OH //// 1:20 and 1:30///Need 2

Sunday October 10th: Stonelick Hills, Morning time TBA. ////Need 2

Stonelick has their fall rates but greens will just be 4 days removed from being punched as a disclaimer for people who don’t like that sort of thing.
You should pick on @Gman79 I hear he wants to travel for some golf.

Muncie which is about 2 hours NW of Cincy.
So you're saying I should book a round this weekend at Stonelick or Elks Run so you can come get a preview? Got it.

I might be able to join on one of the days, I’ll get back to you

So you're saying I should book a round this weekend at Stonelick or Elks Run so you can come get a preview? Got it.

i freaking wish, the IRONMAN competition is in Muncie this weekend and I’m volunteering for my networking group and then have two year old dad duty in anticipation for the following weekend.

I’ll be quite ready for golf after this weekend o_O

Skyline slander?!? I need to know your stance on Larosas and Grippos.
Ohio import, unapologetic on my perspectives haha

- Montgomery Inn is wildly overrated
- Skyline chili is gross - Chili shouldn't have brown sugar in it, nor should it be in anything other than chunky form
- Grippos? Meh
- I worked at LaRosas during my college years. It's okay.

- Skyline chili is gross - Chili shouldn't have brown sugar in it, nor should it be in anything other than chunky form
- Grippos? Meh
As a local born and raised, I agree with 3 of those 4 statements.

On second thought I don’t have a doghouse so I’d be on the uncovered balcony for a month. Stonelick might be worth it. Hmmm, decisions….
I can offer you a tent, sleeping bag, and high-end camping cot if needed!

- Grippos? Meh
Acceptable, for an import. I agree on Montgomery Inn the sauce is bad. Grippos are just ok. But I think the local hospitals inject us at birth with Skyline and Larosas sauce so we are hooked for life.

Acceptable, for an import. I agree on Montgomery Inn the sauce is bad. Grippos are just ok. But I think the local hospitals inject us at birth with Skyline and Larosas sauce so we are hooked for life.
My favorite pizza in this area is Brooklyn Pizza & Pasta near Montgomery. It's awesome.

I can eat one or two coneys and then I'm SUPER over Skyline.

Anyone play The Quarry in Canton? Might be going there this weekend. Heard its a hard track.

Anyone play The Quarry in Canton? Might be going there this weekend. Heard its a hard track.
I played it ages ago. I don't remember it being "hard" but I do remember a lot of areas you flat out can't hit into.

My favorite pizza in this area is Brooklyn Pizza & Pasta near Montgomery. It's awesome.

I can eat one or two coneys and then I'm SUPER over Skyline.
If you are ever in the Mason area try Two Cities it’s got Chicago style and the vastly superior NY style. Ambiance is neat too. Brooklyn Pizza and Pasta is definitely a solid choice as well. I’m glad it’s lunchtime all this food talk has me ready.

If you are ever in the Mason area try Two Cities it’s got Chicago style and the vastly superior NY style. Ambiance is neat too. Brooklyn Pizza and Pasta is definitely a solid choice as well. I’m glad it’s lunchtime all this food talk has me ready.
I'll check them out! Always chasing good pie.

It’s a lot of hitting to a particular target/distance. I wouldn’t plan on hitting driver every hole. Nice course though!

Played it roughly a year ago. Was lots of fun. Big elevation changes on some holes

Back