Older clubs you’ve always wanted to see with a modern shaft setup?

I had some Mac Gregor VIP Curtis Strange model that irons I really liked. Would love to try those out with either MMT or Aerotech shaft .

Fister driver.

I had some Mac Gregor VIP Curtis Strange model that irons I really liked. Would love to try those out with either MMT or Aerotech shaft .

Love this pick, VIP's are so classic. MMT's for me please.

Something from the Hogan iron line. The original Hogan’s were before my golfing time but everyone raves about them and I occasionally still see them in bags.

V Steel fairway woods with the Atmos or Tensi shaft

V Steel fairway woods with the Atmos or Tensi shaft

Coincidentally, I just picked up a V Steel 5 wood for my kid. I think we're just putting a DGold S300 in it, but that could change.

Ping G15 Driver
TaylorMade System 2 7 Wood

I am thinking Evenflow Black or White. I loved the feel of that RCH 96 shaft.
I have an idea @DataDude, You send me a Ventus Blue to put in the Warbird and that RCH shaft is yours. :ROFLMAO:

I have an idea @DataDude, You send me a Ventus Blue to put in the Warbird and that RCH shaft is yours. :ROFLMAO:
I have a Warbird with the RCH in my garage. Played the 5 wood till 5 years ago. I loved that club. I have a Warbird strong 3 wood with a Memphis 10 steel shaft in it. I think I could use that as a driving iron. It is so hard to elevate, but it rolls forever.

May have caught myself perusing eBay for an RBZ 3w.

I had these when I very first started golfing and I loved them. It would be cool to play them with some Elevates or Recoil 100's. These could definitely give the Eye 2's and TA 845's a run for their money.

Power-Built TPS

View attachment 8939403

My first set too. I also gamed the PB Citation persimmon woods. I believe it was mid-late 80's the Powerbuilt woods went for 100 bucks a piece. Seemed very expensive at the time. Great looking at the time as well.

Technically, those were laminated 😇 I have a set with Aldila HM-40

Arnold Palmer Peerless Pete, Blonde is one I always wanted. HZRDUS Green as an update to EI-70?
I was not aware they were laminated. It doesn't take away the fact they were gorgeous to my eye... I never got to hit one. My buddy had a set of driver, 3w, and 5w but he was right handed... and I wasn't.

Dang it @Jman, you have triggered some insanity. Build pending. ☠

Could think of a few shafts that I would like to try in a Cleveland Classic head - that deep face and something modern that keeps the dispersion narrow - sounds good. (y)

May have caught myself perusing eBay for an RBZ 3w.
I never owned RBZs, but hit friends' clubs a few times. I thought those were actually really good clubs!

Hogan Apex Plus with Recoils or TM Tour Preferred CB with Recoils. I have the heads. :)

Back