Oldest Club (no putters!) You Would Game?

My vsteel 5 wood I still rock.

I had a Cleveland Halo hybrid from I don’t know when that was pretty sweet.

I had a 2002 Taylormade 580 10.5 (S) driver that I finally parted ways with late last year.

I can't say that the Rocketballz2 or Sim drivers I bought are any better to be honest. The 580 was pretty long and easy to work both ways. It was also super easy to hit off the fairways.

2019 Apex hybrid. Loved that thing

I'm playing 5 year old irons as it is, and thing I could do just fine with older irons. Like maybe 10 years or so old. My driver is 9 years old, and I know I'm giving up performance., but I get by. I'd not want to go much older than that, but I might be willing to play something a couple years older (Taylormade R11 for example).

Still rotate MP-33 irons into the bag semi-frequently.

My ping eye2 7 wood still gets regular rotation depending on the local course I’m playing. It’s not great but it’s money in the bank for a few specific shots on those courses.

Nike Vapor Pro Combos. I want a set sooooo bad

I'm still playing my Cleveland Launcher Titanium fairway woods that came out in 2004. Love those things.

Irons, MP 60’s were really nice
Fairways, Original Burner TP fairways
Wedges, The original spin milled

Driver: Ugh.. 580XD or R7 Superquad

Hybrid: Adams “peanut”

Driver: Maybe the "Original" new Big Bertha driver? Loved that thing - this is the toughest because I think it's where the most advances have been made.
Fairways: This is a club I've always had trouble with - Two clubs that come to mind are the Nike VRs 4W and my current 816 alpha fairway. So maybe stick to something newer here.
Irons: I'd put the Nike VR Pro Combos in the bag immediately if I could find a mint set. But to be honest, I bet there's a bunch of simple cavity backs over the years I'd play here.
Wedges: Same as the irons here, could go pretty old because the design is pretty simple - probably an old Cleveland 588 would be the best here

Driver: Mizuno T-zoid
FW: Callaway Steelhead
Iron: Callaway X-14 Pro
Wedges: Cleveland 588

One of the best and easy to hit set up I’ve played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Taylormade Burner 5 wood. I literally could not mishit that thing. Went dead straight every single time.

I broke the shaft on my Taylormade M4 driver. The repair guy at the pro shop asked me if I had a round tomorrow, and offered to loan me a 2005 Nike Ignite driver for that round while he re-shafted my club.

That stupid Nike played better than my gamer.

I would bag the rocketballz 3 wood and hybrid pretty easily.

As for oldest though would probably end up being irons- not sure I’d actually seek them out to play them, but if I had to play a round with some of the early 2000’s Mizuno’s I wouldn’t hate it

Aaaaaaaaand I just put a current model Hybrid shaft into an OG Apex 4hy. 👀

My fairway woods are from 2014 and 2016. I have backups for both as I’m afraid if they break or were stolen I wouldn’t be able to quickly replace them.

Nothing older than what I've got in my bag now. New tech is awesome!

I'd love to get my hands on a set of Wilson Staff Goosenecks or Mizuno Grads. Goosenecks were really good looking, Grads were just a great club.
I still ocassionally game my Yonex ADX Tours, fantastic forgings.

I have a full set of ‘88 Goosenecks 1 thru SW that were my dads.

I just picked up some BeCu Ping ISI’s. Cleaned them up and I am ready to get them on the course.

Attachments

• 81779FB5-BA22-4F3A-88EB-32FD82624F3C.jpeg
    81779FB5-BA22-4F3A-88EB-32FD82624F3C.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 6
I have some Cleveland 588 wedges that
I would play.

Probably my current irons: Titleist AP2 710

Actually, I have some older Adams and Titleist hybrids that I rotate in that are older that I always forget about.

Back