Oldest club that you still put in to play?

I thought we talked about how you were doing this already. Come on Beags, don’t Hawkponder us
Maybe I should start a thread on it...

2022 P7•MB in the main bag, in the back up bag TSR woods.

The time is not right. Not sure when it will be, but it will happen.
Well, those long spec models come out in May so I think that's where the betting line should be set.

Well, those long spec models come out in May so I think that's where the betting line should be set.
Those are going to be funnn! Want.

I’m sure we could change the wording a bit to make it more appealing, sure
Meme Think GIF

My oldest is an OG Toulon Chicago. It is part of my putter rotation, great putter.

One of a trio of old drivers I still hit, a Hogan Big Ben CS-3 NV Green. Not the longest but I like the flight.

The oldest equipment that I still own is probably my set of Tommy Armour 845 V-31 R.O. Blades. 2000 release, I bought mine new in 2001. But, I haven't played them in quite a while.

The oldest I've played recently is my 2004 release Never Compromise Voodoo center-shaft putter. I bought that one new in 2004 and it was funny the reaction friends had on the practice green last year. I was kind of surprised that so many quickly recognized it.

Next would be my Yes! Callie C-Groove putter. Bought new in 2006, I played it for quite a while, still in pristine condition. It'll see play from time to time.

Ping i3 Blades 🤦🏻‍♂️
My dad still has those sitting in the garage like they are going to come out of retirement. He wont let me steal them!

I still use an old (circa 2010 or so) Callaway “Squareway” 7 wood. I could go with something newer… but, it gives me the desired yardage I need. Plus… I had a HIO using it back in 2017.

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 5 hybrid still in the bag around 14 or 15 years after purchase. Just flat out performs every time I tried to replace it, so I stopped trying.

Occasionally the Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid 21° and original Wilson Fybrid 19.5° make the bag.

My dad still has those sitting in the garage like they are going to come out of retirement. He wont let me steal them!

You can steal mine if I ever come off a dollar for new ones. 🤣

Not counting an old Ping Karsten B60 putter I occasionally use, the oldest club that can always be found in my bag is a Callaway Epic Flash 5W I got at the 2018 #TheGrandaddy. It has never been replaced. I have put the Apex CF19 irons back in the bag for the last few rounds that I received at the same time, as my PXG0211DC irons have fallen out of favor for me recently.

1998 Oil Can Newport, freshly refinished with new GPS and grip.

20240127_101948.jpg

My Titelist 503h utility iron has been in my bag since 2006 or 2007. Each year I try to upgrade it but it winds up back in my bag. I hit it straight and it’s easy to control the flight and shape. It gaps perfectly between my 5 iron and my 4 wood. It’s hollow bodied and really not much different than the newer stuff. Here it is next to a 2012 Titleist U510 that is also in my collection.

FWIW, my Callaway fairway woods are from 2014 and 2015.

968DF3C0-1328-40A9-B7CC-69BF6C78545F.jpeg

The original King Tec hybrid. I've tried to replace it but can't find anything that does what it does for me better right now.

View attachment 9244679
Since 2004. I’ve tried to replace it so many times. I’ve just not found anything that I hit as far and as straight and as consistent as I do this.
My brother bought that in a 17° around 2004 and it's still his favorite club 🔥

I have an Epic Flash 3 wood that really works well for me.

That I game? My Morgan Cup clubs listed in my sig.

That I toy with once in a while? Toulon Palm Beach.

That I still own? Titleist OG DCI Black.

Back