On Course Habit You’re Trying to Kick

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have any habits on the course you’re trying to eliminate? I’m not talking about golf shots or swing thoughts. More like cursing, smoking, or whatever it may be.

I recently kicked smoking, mostly. I have not purchased a cigarette in 3+ weeks, and only have maybe one every other day I bum at work.

I’m trying to get rid of negative self talk. I’ll curse after a bad shot and then give myself a mini-Spieth talking to. I’ve done well to eliminate this for the most part, but it still rears it’s ugly head if I get on a bad streak.

Smoking would be the one. I smoke too damn much. But it helps me calm down after some bad shots. I have tried zin but its just not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swearing. I do it a lot. It's my job, home life, friends, etc just coming out. There's literally nowhere else I go regularly where I have to watch my language, so I don't.

So I'm trying to get better about it. I don't work at it very hard, but I'm working on working on that.

Don't really have any habits I would drop as I don't smoke, drink, curse, etc., but I know some golfing buddies that smoke like freight trains, and curse up a storm. Also, one of my buddies is way too negative or more hard on himself which I think it affects his game.

I’m trying to get rid of negative self talk. I’ll curse after a bad shot and then give myself a mini-Spieth talking to. I’ve done well to eliminate this for the most part, but it still rears it’s ugly head if I get on a bad streak.

This would be mine, as well. I can really get down on myself for a bad shot.

When I first joined THP I mentioned I had taken a several year break from golf and returned about two years ago. In my early years of playing I would get really P/O'ed over poorly hit shots to the point that I was using the "F" bomb as a coma in my display of unhappiness. I finally realized I am here to have fun and let it go.

Definitely swearing. Have done a little better lately but still have a ways to go.

I really need to zip it up or shut my mouth after a bad tee shot

I surprised myself this past Sunday........ kinda! My approach to the game is much more laid back than the three times I quit.

I was planning on playing 9 or 18 solo depending on how my legs felt, and taking my sweet time because the course still had a lot of foursomes out there.

I hit a handful of shanks in 4 holes and called it a day.

A few years ago, I would have been totally stressed over it.

I went home and enjoyed the day with the wife, some beers, and filling the wading pool for our three dogs.

I guess this is more golf related than what OP is asking but I tend to go into "fun" mode rather than focus mode after an early bad hole... "Well, no course record today!" So its all driver 100% and pin hunting and going for par 5's...

Playing the next hole scared after a blowup hole. I do it more often than I would like.

I need to slow down and pay more attention to what I'm doing.

I need to not aim down the center of the fairway with my driver shot. I need to aim to the left side of the fairway.

I need to slow down and pay more attention to what I'm doing.
That’s something I’d like to work on too. It’s twofold for me, pay attention to my game and to enjoying myself rather than just speeding along.

Do you have any habits on the course you’re trying to eliminate? I’m not talking about golf shots or swing thoughts. More like cursing, smoking, or whatever it may be.
waggling.

Double bogeys

I am humor challenged and yet compelled to try to insert humor into the social aspect of rounds. It is definitely a habit I probably should try to kick. But that's just me. IDK.
Well I'm laughing, so maybe try making the humor about you?

I need to work on getting over my last bad shot and focus on my upcoming shot with a positive attitude

Back