Once again, cancer sucks...

Wanted to share some good news, just got done with the Dr appointment with my urologist. 3 years cancer free now and PSA is at lowest level it has ever been. Don't have to have a checkup for another year.

Great news! It's been 6 years for me ...
583c1b8dce7e7a5875c20949b38388dd.gif

8 years ago today I laid on the table, they put this MFer over my face, bolted it to the table, put a tube in my mouth to keep my tongue immobile and out of the way, and blasted my head with 40 minutes of radiation for the 30th and final time. I've looked forward October 14th ever since - more than my birthday or any other holiday (except my wedding anniversary). It was the toughest thing I've ever had to endure. The physical part was rough but the mental part was even worse. I couldn't eat and had to feed myself through a g-tube. My ability to taste came back eventually but it was touch and go for a while. I was in some pretty dark places and thought about throwing in the towel more than a few times.

Happy to be here and able to type this. If anyone needs an ear, PM me for my cell and I'll listen.

image.jpeg

My father is doing great! Still has to go for a treatment every 6 weeks, but cancer is in remission! His hair has comeback too.
85B8B1FF-1C51-455F-ADC5-D8DAD9959739.jpeg385188B5-05D7-4766-BF5F-A3E38667F2A6.jpeg

I haven't done the research to back it up, but it sure seems like living in the United States correlates with a high incidence of cancer... and yes, it does suck :/

A friend went in to get his sore back examined. That ultimately led to a diagnosis of kidney cancer. They tried to intubate him to start the surgery to remove the kidney. Discovered he had a 2nd cancer at the back of his tongue/mouth. The oncologist tells him he isn’t sure if he is the most unlucky person (two unrelated cancers) or the luckiest person (they would not have found the 2nd cancer at stage 4 if it wasn’t for the first cancer). Eff cancer.

Last edited:
A friend went in to get his sore back examined. That ultimately led to a diagnosis of kidney cancer. They tried to intubate him to start the surgery to remove the kidney. Discovered he had a 2nd cancer at the back of his tongue/mouth. The oncologist tells him he isn’t sure if he is the most unlucky person (two unrelated cancers) or the luckiest person (they would have found the 2nd cancer at stage 4 if it wasn’t for the first cancer). Eff cancer.
That is terrible but glad they found the second cancer. Hope he will get thru it.

Today is a tough day for me. My mother passed away from cancer 3 years ago. Hug your parents and loved ones a little closer today!

Today is a tough day for me. My mother passed away from cancer 3 years ago. Hug your parents and loved ones a little closer today!
I feel ya brother, And i send you good thoughts and prayers, I lost my Mom to Cancer in 2001.....nuff said

My heart goes out to everyone who has had their lives impacted by cancer.

I lost my grandfather to prostate cancer last April. Due to ongoing conditions and her frail health, I still have not been able to see my grandmother and give her a hug and tell her how sorry I am in person. Earlier this month I learned my uncle now also has prostate cancer, and my father has a tumor in his lungs. He swears it’s not cancerous, but as a lifelong smoker I’m not inclined to believe him :oops:

I've lost one sister to cancer. Now my brother is in the first week of 5 weeks of radiation and chemo. Using Mayo's new Billion dollar machine. He's in good spirits, in spite of having to stay with my sister.:D

F*** cancer

Thinking about you sir.

The cultural aspect of C is intriguing. IIRC our oncologist told us breast C is rare in Japan but women there have high incidences of stomach (?) C.

I remember reading something about that. The article suggested relative amounts of soy in the diet were one factor in the breat cancer rates.

Prayers to all of those who have to deal with this horrible disease. My mom is in a battle herself and while the prognosis is good, it’s still an uphill battle for us.

Last edited:
My uncle just found out he has colon cancer. Cancer f*cking sucks!

Thinking of all of you who have loved ones fighting this battle. And yes, f*** cancer hard!

Back