Once you tee the ball up, how long does it take you to hit the ball?

10 seconds. That's a long time if you put a clock on it. Even if I'm first and conditions are tough, I'll have a shot shape picked out, club pulled, and the ball on its way in under 20 seconds.

Too long if I'm honest, but I'm working on getting faster.

Never really counted but I'd say 20 seconds from tee in ground to go time.

I'll guess 20 seconds. Tee up, step behind get my line, set up, look up to verify i'm lined up, relax my grip, and swing.

I dunno. Tee it up, step behind yo get my line, address the ball and go. That’s my routine.

Once the ball is on the peg and my feet are set, it’s probably 5-7 seconds before I pull the trigger. Add another 10-15 for the entire preshot routine and I’m under 30 all told.

If you take a person that takes 40 seconds from tee up to impact and take someone at 20 seconds, and use those extra 20 seconds as indicator, the math leads us to exactly why rounds went from 4 hours to 4.5 hours with nothing changing.

In my experience slow play for most people isn’t about how long they take once they get in position to hit. Rather it is about being ready to hit when it is their turn.

I am a bit longer than some of the videos here for tee shots. I put the ball in the ground, from behind the ball I take a swing to finish with the club behind my neck as not swinging freely with the driver is my biggest problem. After that I pick a target from behind move in and hit the ball.

I have never been accused of being slow because I am always ready when it is my turn with club already selected.

In my videos i take an average of 11-12 seconds. I would say thats probably the same outdoors

10-15 seconds. Tee it up, get my line, swing.

10.275 seconds

Of course I broke out the stop watch and went through my routine just now...

20 seconds from tee in the ground to contact with the club. This is with 1 practice swing.

My initial thought before skimming the thread was 20 seconds.
Watching That Post's video, I'm pretty similar. Maybe a few feet further back to see the line.

Once the tee is in the ground ... 5 seconds or less 💣 🚀 away!

I take too long. I am working on a trigger. I pick my line and set up quickly then freeze once I am the darn thing

I don’t know. My guess would be about 10 seconds since I don’t stand behind the ball or include a lot of activities in my pre-shot routine.

20ish seconds maybe?

according to this - the most nerve-wracking shot i've ever hit in my life - it was 0:12 (starting at 5:53)

I honestly don’t know. Bu to think I am pretty quick. @JB we have played together. What say you? Fast? Slow? average?

Most shots, 20 seconds, give or take a few...couple practice swings, address the ball, a few waggles, then go. Once in a while, if there are multiple divots in front of the ball, I may forget which one was indicating my line and step back to re-acquire it. :confused: If that happens, it'll be 10 seconds the second time because I've already done most of the routine.

I'd say 20 seconds or less from the tee box. I'm not a 'practice' swing guy so tee it up get an aim target set up and swing.

Right about 25 seconds.

Back