Online or Brick and Mortar?

Where do you buy the bulk of your golf equipment?

• Total voters
I do both, but try to support the local shops to keep them in business when they are close in price.

Mostly online because it's typically a custom order anyway, but I do buy some in the store. Especially when I can try something and leave with it the same day.

I'd prefer brick and mortar...however you can't tend to beat online prices, and there just aren't many brick and mortar golf stores around here.

I buy local if possible, but sometimes the price difference is so great that I'll go budgetgolf or callaway preowned

Where do you buy the bulk of your golf equipment and apparel? Do you still like to go into a store and look at the stuff in person or do you like to just order online?

Where's the green grass pro shop option? Doesn't anybody support his/her home club pro shop anymore?

I will support locally owned businesses over online shopping nearly every time. I am not as keen on National chain brick and mortar stores but still will give them a chance whenever possible. If the price differential is big, then I have a harder choice to make.

Roger Dunn, you can’t beat their 90 day exchange guarantee!!!!

I try to buy balls, gloves, shirts, etc at the local store here in town. I will more than likely get fit for irons and buy them there though I have stumbled across some great deals on budget golf. Especially with the THP discount. I almost bought the MP-18 MMC last week at $525 but hadn't hit them yet. Wish they weren't out of stock. I probably would have pulled the trigger if you could have used the discount with them.

I buy all of my clubs, balls, gloves etc from local shops. Most clothes come from online since not many places in the area carry Peter Millar but FJ & Vineyard Vines I get local. Shoes I order from my pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to support local B&M as much as possible. But, I can often get better pricing when buying online through a couple retailers. So, if I am trying to maximize my $$ for a purchase that I wouldn't otherwise be able to make, I buy online. If I have money burning a hole in my pocket, I try to get it locally. But, their selection is usually limited and they have to order what I want anyways. Often times, I can get it faster by ordering it myself.

FYI, I just learned that Austad's will sometimes match online deals if you can show them proof of the deal.

I tend to do 90% of my purchases online. Part of it is because I've been treated so well by companies like Budget Golf and the brands themselves but part of it was up until finding out about the price match at Austads, their prices we're just way too high with hardly any actual deals to be found.

Where's the green grass pro shop option? Doesn't anybody support his/her home club pro shop anymore?

Do the pro shops around you carry full lines of product? Around here, our pro shops barely have anything for sale outside of some golf balls and a few shirts.

Mostly Online, no stores around me have anything in Left handed.

I will often go to a b&m store and look and then order online

Where do you buy the bulk of your golf equipment and apparel? Do you still like to go into a store and look at the stuff in person or do you like to just order online?
Apparel online and equipment second hand on offerup. I love to go in and browse the brick and mortars and demo clubs but the mark ups are just out of my price range.

Do the pro shops around you carry full lines of product? Around here, our pro shops barely have anything for sale outside of some golf balls and a few shirts.

Some around here are a little slim but will get me anything I ask for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no stores near me, and my club sells about 4 wedges. That's it. Unless there's some DSG boycott reason I should know about, I would gladly shop/buy from them if there was one nearby.

I go to the demo outings at the country clubs and try them out last year it was ping and titleist

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Either or, depending on where I can benefit from the purchase.

I buy from both. I buy more clubs online but I buy the other ancillary products at the GG. We have two GG’s close to me but it Is like two completely different stores. One they help you right away and I have gotten to know a number of the people there, the other one you could walk around for an hour and nobody will ask you anything.

Brick and Mortar , I still like to touch things. That being said, i search the net while in the store to see if online price is better....then i check WIth Discounts and generally by online

Brick and Mortar to buy equipment does not exist in the sticks where I live so it is basically online or bust.

I go in store to see the clubs and take some swings, but will use online most of the time to search for the best deals. Clothes & Accessories I usually buy in store.

Not all of them, it's true.
That was from another era, I guess.
Our pro has a reasonably stocked shop.

Yeah, our shop has a a few vokey wedges and apparel. No irons no woods nothing like that.

My new course has a lot more options from what I've heard. We'll see come spring.

I would love to do more purchasing from brick and mortar, but while we have a great fitter there isn't a lot of stock. If I am sure of what I am looking for than it is going to be an online purchase about 80% of the time.

Back