NEWS OWGR Says No to LIV Golf

How is the PGAT growing the game when they're suspending non-tour members for even qualifying for LIV? They're stifling professional players from golf opportunities. How the hell does a not-for-profit get away with this monopolistic behavior?

One of the main stipulations of the exemption status is to grow the game. Good thing the DOJ Anti-Trust violation investigations are still ongoing.

Look at the Aramco Series this weekend, which is growing women's golf, and to quote Lexi when she was asked about playing Aramco and the blood money she said "I will play wherever to grow women's golf".

Of course, both leagues want to make money but the PIF didn't ban Lexi after she played a PGAT event the other week, unlike the paranoid PGAT.
Uhm.... Support for First-Tee, nationwide PGA Junior League/PGA Junior championship, Kornferry Tour, PGA Tour Canada, PGA Tour LatinoAmerica, PGA Tour Champions, PGA Tour China, etc; philanthropic community support in all the cities/localities they have these tournaments in. To me, that's what 'growing the game of golf is'. How many players are visible to the public in all these different tours? Playing loud music with a closed field of 48 players?, nah, not so much.

I suppose if they dropped supporting all of those, then yea, they could probably funnel more money to the PGA Tour with higher purses. Is that what you'd prefer?

Uhm.... Support for First-Tee, nationwide PGA Junior League/PGA Junior championship, Kornferry Tour, PGA Tour Canada, PGA Tour LatinoAmerica, PGA Tour Champions, PGA Tour China, etc; philanthropic community support in all the cities/localities they have these tournaments in. To me, that's what 'growing the game of golf is'. How many players are visible to the public in all these different tours? Playing loud music with a closed field of 48 players?, nah, not so much.

I suppose if they dropped supporting all of those, then yea, they could probably funnel more money to the PGA Tour with higher purses. Is that what you'd prefer?
They can’t drop any of those things or they lose their tax status.

FWIW both leagues do quite a bit for charity. I’m not sure how the KF Tour or Champions Tour, etc grow the game. One could argue killing those off and doing more for amateur growth is actually growing the game. Those are growing the tour.

So if you are under the monopolistic PGAT umbrella it's all good and it's considered growing the game but if someone wants to qualify for a league outside the PGAT umbrella you get blackballed.

Rory seems to disagree with you.

IMG_0899.jpeg

Being handed a roadmap for inclusion is far from being “blackballed”
hey man if you cant understand how the pga tour hijacked and used the owgr to solidify their monopoly then nobody here can help you. if you cant see through those lines you will never realize the jackassery the pga tour has been on for years now.

hey man if you cant understand how the pga tour hijacked and used the owgr to solidify their monopoly then nobody here can help you. if you cant see through those lines you will never realize the jackassery the pga tour has been on for years now.
You joined just to tell me this?

lol no i just came over from golfwrx as i felt the LIV/PGA debate is more balanced here and hackers paradises mouths arent drooling all over the PGA's belt buckles. Nice deflection though
Im not big on having my mouth near anybody's belt buckle thank you.

LMAO their roadmap is extortion. Jay should be arrested.
Laugh if you must, but if OWGR points were really the goal, LIV would be working on a plan to find make their country club a little more inclusive. It’s all they need to do.

Laugh if you must, but if OWGR points were really the goal, LIV would be working on a plan to find make their country club a little more inclusive. It’s all they need to do.
It is inclusive no one is banned from trying to qualify.

It's only a 48-player league so spots are limited.

I’ll refer back to Phil and how LIV is never getting rankings, especially after the team competition comments from the OWGR board and the fact that PGAT is broke and borrowing revenue from future TV contracts.

So if you are under the monopolistic PGAT umbrella it's all good and it's considered growing the game but if someone wants to qualify for a league outside the PGAT umbrella you get blackballed.

Rory seems to disagree with you.

View attachment 9218320
I don't know for sure, but I would bet that rory means it put more money into pro golfers pockets. That is what a few billion in petro bucks will do for you. But growing pro golfers bank accounts is not the same as growing the game.

I don't know for sure, but I would bet that rory means it put more money into pro golfers pockets. That is what a few billion in petro bucks will do for you. But growing pro golfers bank accounts is not the same as growing the game.
I think the mates in Australia would disagree with you.

Van Royeen went from 189th to 82nd with that fall event win and also earned a trip to Masters, PGA and Open.

Yet the Majors can't reserve 3 spots for top LIV players.

What a joke of a ranking system.

Back