Congrats Matt!

Well I can officially say I am eligible for this thread! Friday Morning, My wife and I welcomed our first born into the world, we never found out the sex until the baby was born and are happy to be home with our beautiful daughter, Declan Augusta Harvey.
de026403a7fb56a2554cc684f548b5b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats to you and your wife, Matt! She's beautiful and a very cool name too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Congrats to you and your wife, Matt! She's beautiful and a very cool name too.

Yea the middle name is actually a family name on my wife's fathers side, which I would never argue over having in her name

Congrats to my RR teammate!!!!!

Well I can officially say I am eligible for this thread! Friday Morning, My wife and I welcomed our first born into the world, we never found out the sex until the baby was born and are happy to be home with our beautiful daughter, Declan Augusta Harvey.

Congrats! Glad to hear everyone is home. Enjoy every minute

Congrats Harvmp28

Congrats!

Congrats Harvmp28!!! Glad to know everyone is home, happy, and healthy. Enjoy every moment my friend, they go by far too quickly!

Congrats buddy! Glad to see mom and baby doing well. Welcome to Fatherhood.

Congrats!!!

Got back from Texas Sunday and went camping so I can see my baby girl swim for the first time
74cd9219f43a295b6f3e1fd6642014cd.jpg
60bc48d1deaa5078eea084e8e9b340c8.jpg
c976016d50ebbb0ced085c8b55ac6eac.jpg
8c72aa0b72b4c723734a5e6f624b5685.jpg

Is the flu bug hitting anyone else's household hard this year? My 2 oldest got the flu vaccine and both have had both A and B influenza. Top that off with another virus that is going around that has all the same symptoms but is somehow not the flu. It has been a rough couple of months and currently all 3 of my boys are down.

Stroller/car seat combo assembled and ready for use. The last equipment-related hurdle has been cleared, and we're ready for kid #3.

Is the flu bug hitting anyone else's household hard this year? My 2 oldest got the flu vaccine and both have had both A and B influenza. Top that off with another virus that is going around that has all the same symptoms but is somehow not the flu. It has been a rough couple of months and currently all 3 of my boys are down.

My 2 boys had it last month pretty bad. They were out of daycare for a week. My youngest followed that up with an ear infection.

Wife is currently down for the count, but we got her on Tamiflu within 24 hours of symptoms showing up so she may be out of the woods already. Right now it hasn't affected kiddo - and I'm praying it doesn't.

My 2 boys had it last month pretty bad. They were out of daycare for a week. My youngest followed that up with an ear infection.

Wife is currently down for the count, but we got her on Tamiflu within 24 hours of symptoms showing up so she may be out of the woods already. Right now it hasn't affected kiddo - and I'm praying it doesn't.

What does this say about the most recent flu vaccine? I thought it was supposed to be better than last year's.

What does this say about the most recent flu vaccine? I thought it was supposed to be better than last year's.
According to the CDC, this years flu vaccine is 60% effective. I know that a lot of people would consider that a failure, but given all the predictions and processes - all of which have to occur at least six months ahead of time to get the vaccine onto the market, I'd say if you told me you could reduce the risk of severe issues 60% of the time ... I'd still take it. Especially since the vaccine costs almost nothing ... $5 and a sore arm for a day.

According to the CDC, this years flu vaccine is 60% effective. I know that a lot of people would consider that a failure, but given all the predictions and processes - all of which have to occur at least six months ahead of time to get the vaccine onto the market, I'd say if you told me you could reduce the risk of severe issues 60% of the time ... I'd still take it. Especially since the vaccine costs almost nothing ... $5 and a sore arm for a day.
Thanks Deuce, as always, you are a wealth of information.

I think I'm more surprised that I haven't gotten it this year. I'm the only one aside from our baby that didn't get the vaccine. My wife got it though and at the time she was breastfeeding so they said that helped him out.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

The grand finale (I think) is 2 today! Our Cinco de Mayo baby

b2f8637097cac2733c197f87bad0a486.jpg

My wife would never even let me attempt something like this, but this kid is adorable!!!

Taking little man to see the Monster Trucks on the beach this weekend. He is so absolutely stoked!

Just had a pre-op conversation with the Dr. about my 1.5 year old daughter getting tubes put in to alleviate chronic ear infections. I understand that it's a 'minor' procedure but I'm feeling unsettled and I can't quite shake it.

Back