Parenting Thread

Just had a pre-op conversation with the Dr. about my 1.5 year old daughter getting tubes put in to alleviate chronic ear infections. I understand that it's a 'minor' procedure but I'm feeling unsettled and I can't quite shake it.
Who wouldn't feel that way? Hang in there, know that she's getting great care and that you have a whole community here to support you.

Last edited:
Taking little man to see the Monster Trucks on the beach this weekend. He is so absolutely stoked!

how old? we took our 4yo and 2yo boys late last year, and they LOVED IT. my 2yo is going to be 3 in a couple weeks, and now his party is going to be a monster truck party. i expected it to be straight up whiskey tango, but we actually had a really good time.

Just had a pre-op conversation with the Dr. about my 1.5 year old daughter getting tubes put in to alleviate chronic ear infections. I understand that it's a 'minor' procedure but I'm feeling unsettled and I can't quite shake it.

My son got them right at 2. it took 15 min max. i was a wreck. but hasnt had an infection since.

Last edited:
for mother's day the preschool has the kids fill out a cute questionnaire about mommy. some of the highlights from my youngest who is full of personality.

q: how old is mommy?
a: she's 3

q: what does mommy do while you're at school?
a: she plays with my cars

q: what is mommy's favorite thing to do?
a: she liked to play at the park when she was a little boy

q: what is something mommy always tells you?
a: she tells daddy no, but she tells me yes

gotta love that little dude

We are taking the kids to Disneyland for a long Mother's Day weekend. We don't have many vacations remaining with our oldest who is going off to college 1500 miles away in less than 4 months. The time sure flies!

Who wouldn't feel that way? Hang in there, know that she's getting great care and that you have a whole community hear to support you.

Thank you - I appreciate the community and the support. I'm not a 'tough guy' but I didn't think I'd feel so off about this.

Thanks for your kind words.

My oldest just got home yesterday from her second year in college. Thankfully only 2.5hours away. My twins both went to prom last weekend. As my wife put it there was no Prama (As in Drama)
It is crazy. The days go slowly but the years goes quickly.

Proud papa moment - our town had its annual art show, and both of my kids took part. My son was selected to be a peer mentor for their digital arts section (here he is explaining Hour Of Code) and my daughter had 2 medal pieces in the show, an ink drawing and a ceramic tile. And tell me that abstract painting doesn't look just like her!!

d3340fcb04104b9a1062901a6e7b15fa.jpg

42164ab1e6184eaa9bb59aaa5f5581c2.jpg

9f910a1765cdbda16ae523ffbc1043bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud papa moment - our town had its annual art show, and both of my kids took part. My son was selected to be a peer mentor for their digital arts section (here he is explaining Hour Of Code) and my daughter had 2 medal pieces in the show, an ink drawing and a ceramic tile. And tell me that abstract painting doesn't look just like her!!

Congrats to the kids!!!

Switching our 2.5 year old into a toddler bed this week has resulted in the most miserable week my wife and I have had with our son. He usually goes to bed at 7 pm. I had to leave for work at 7:30 pm, he's still awake with my wife in his room. I got an email after I got to work, apparently he fought sleep until close to 10 pm. He was such a good sleeper until he figured out how to get out of his crib, so we put the toddler bed in so he wouldn't fall out of the crib. So now instead of him getting hurt by falling, he wanders out of his bed repeatedly and we get frustrated. Sorry, just had to rant about it.

Switching our 2.5 year old into a toddler bed this week has resulted in the most miserable week my wife and I have had with our son. He usually goes to bed at 7 pm. I had to leave for work at 7:30 pm, he's still awake with my wife in his room. I got an email after I got to work, apparently he fought sleep until close to 10 pm. He was such a good sleeper until he figured out how to get out of his crib, so we put the toddler bed in so he wouldn't fall out of the crib. So now instead of him getting hurt by falling, he wanders out of his bed repeatedly and we get frustrated. Sorry, just had to rant about it.
Hang in there, it passes.

they eventually get it, but it's so rough. a couple months ago my wife was at her wit's end with our youngest (will be 3 later this month). she had to sit outside his room holding the door shut while he screamed and tried to pry it open. for 2 solid hours. these shenanigans lasted a short time, but while you're in the middle of it it's rough. hang in there.

When my SiL switched out my niece to the toddler bed, my niece would get out and wander the house. My SiL had promised her a trip somewhere and told her if she left her room, that trip was a goner.

Next morning, found my niece asleep behind the door to her room. She may have gotten out of bed, but didn't leave her room at least!

I have a 17 month old and watching him actively grow and learn is amazing (my wife has a 14 year old that I've known since he was five - so I've been parenting for a while, I just skipped the first few years so I get to do that part now!).

He's at the point where fear doesn't exist and climbing is FUN. It makes me laugh and causes the wife to go into a nervous breakdown :) I look forward to sharing all kinds of crazy stories. I will say he already likes walking around with my golf clubs and trying to hit balls in the yard. I think he's on the right track!

I have a 17 month old and watching him actively grow and learn is amazing (my wife has a 14 year old that I've known since he was five - so I've been parenting for a while, I just skipped the first few years so I get to do that part now!).

He's at the point where fear doesn't exist and climbing is FUN. It makes me laugh and causes the wife to go into a nervous breakdown :) I look forward to sharing all kinds of crazy stories. I will say he already likes walking around with my golf clubs and trying to hit balls in the yard. I think he's on the right track!

My son is pretty much the exact same way. No fear and anytime he falls or gets hurt he forgets about it pretty quickly. The difference between him and my daughter at the same age is so crazy. It really is a blast watching them learn, especially anytime time you see them get that "ah ha" moment. That is absolutely priceless.

53502c901abf1ffd2339c63a7108b72d.jpg

I got the blame for this mess earlier this evening. One chocolate donut goes a long way.

Tapped from my smarter than me phone.

Man it's crazy how fast they grow up. Sounds cliche, but so true. My youngest is done with Pre-K and off to kindergarten next year. So proud of her and sad that my baby is growing up.

9e7b036c1e621be454f54ae7dcb88e5e.jpg

You guys are making me feel old, I remember those days, seem very far off now. Mine are 26-19-15 and I'm closer to doing it as grandpop then dad.

Man it's crazy how fast they grow up. Sounds cliche, but so true. My youngest is done with Pre-K and off to kindergarten next year. So proud of her and sad that my baby is growing up.

9e7b036c1e621be454f54ae7dcb88e5e.jpg
My son will be graduating from Pre-K on Friday. The time has gone pretty quickly.

Parenting Thread

Just got off the phone with my sons Asst Principal, apparently he jumped in between two kids who were about to start a fight and took one right on the chin. All the kids said he was trying to diffuse things for a few minutes and then got the worst of it.

The kid who popped him earned himself a short vacation and my son turned down hanging out in the nurses office and wanted to go back to class. I'm proud of him for stepping up and not being a bystander, his principal is too, I just wish we could go one week without him getting hurt doing something! :D

Just got off the phone with my sons Asst Principal, apparently he jumped in between two kids who were about to start a fight and took one right on the chin. All the kids said he was trying to diffuse things for a few minutes and then got the worst of it.

The kid who popped him earned himself a short vacation and my son turned down hanging out in the nurses office and wanted to go back to class. I'm proud of him for stepping up and not being a bystander, his principal is too, I just wish we could go one week without him getting hurt doing something! :D

Now that is a GOOD kid!

my boys took the scissors to their hair tonight. just in time for youngest's bday party on Saturday. well done boys.

Getting him ready for some golf!

13230112_10153653234405172_3858830628402952081_n_zps9bp8d2gg.jpg

Man can't believe my little girl is going to be 5 tomorrow. Damn time flies fast, but it's been fun watching her grow up. I have a feeling the next 10-15 years will keep Dad on his toes. Love this big girl.

d944e1d67efbc59ef63b04b7f45d13dd.jpg

The rare moment ages 2 and 6 are getting along and not fighting. Thank you Jesus.

Back