Pat Perez Joins LIV Golf

Huge gain for Pat, he wasn't making much money on the PGA Tour.

...their source of revenues is coming down the home stretch of its life cycle and the should be investing elsewhere…

But does anyone actually care? He’s not relevant weekly or even monthly
I think you could say that about 75% of pro golfers at least to the masses. He’s a personality I guess.

Good for him. Hope it works out well for him. I can't remember the last time I saw him play personally.

For all the talk of all the top tier players that were supposedly going to jump, we really haven't seen that many so far. Wonder if that was all talk or if some of the guys have gotten hesitant with how everything has been going.

Good for him. Hope it works out well for him. I can't remember the last time I saw him play personally.

For all the talk of all the top tier players that were supposedly going to jump, we really haven't seen that many so far. Wonder if that was all talk or if some of the guys have gotten hesitant with how everything has been going.
Some are saying several will jump on board after the US Open.

Well whenever some that haven't get done later today they're going to find out that Charl Schwarzel won $4.75 mil for 3 days of play and a -7. The 86 players who didn't make the cut for the weekend surely already know. That's likely to affect a few.

Some are saying several will jump on board after the US Open.
So they say....we shall see. I've not been keeping up on the rumors really as I don't care that much. I might need to hop in that thread and catch up some.

Pat Perez may not be a household name to the non-golf playing public but he was a rare personality in a sea of Zuckerberg-esque androids. He could potentially earn more playing 7 LIV tournaments than he did in his previous 25 years as a pro so you can't really blame him.
I get your point and this is mostly irrelevant as Pat hasn’t won in a few years, but he does have nearly $30M in career earnings on Tour. He’s not going to match that in one year on the LIV Tour.

Well whenever some that haven't get done later today they're going to find out that Charl Schwarzel won $4.75 mil for 3 days of play and a -7. The 86 players who didn't make the cut for the weekend surely already know. That's likely to affect a few.
This is going to be really attractive for a lot of players.

i heard on the steam the announcers refer to this as an “Invitational” so in theory they could have more than 48 or 54 players “apply” to play and then LIV is picking the best of the best for their tournaments. The flip side is it leaves some players out on the cold but then there are other tours outside of the PGAT where they can earn OWGR points

This is going to be really attractive for a lot of players.

i heard on the steam the announcers refer to this as an “Invitational” so in theory they could have more than 48 or 54 players “apply” to play and then LIV is picking the best of the best for their tournaments. The flip side is it leaves some players out on the cold but then there are other tours outside of the PGAT where they can earn OWGR points
I was talking with a local pro who played professionally yesterday and kept driving home the point about guaranteed money. That in every sport it seems, other than golf prior to now, guaranteed money is what matters. Even if a player wants performance based contracts, their agent, manager, financial advisors, etc all push for guaranteed dollars. And they surely have those people in their ear about all this. Mentioned too how the only real guaranteed golf money has been appearance fees, and they've already been gobbling them up over there before this. Besides the no cut, gonna get paid no matter what part, the top talent is getting huge numbers to just show up. They're basically massive signing bonuses. In sports guaranteed money and bonuses pretty much run the world don't they? I just don't see how people can think the financial realities of all of this isn't what will decide things in the end. On an individual bases it's beyond compelling. Would be for almost anyone.

I think you could say that about 75% of pro golfers at least to the masses. He’s a personality I guess.
He is a personality but not one we see or here from often

He has to keep paying for his wife's plastic surgery.

Huge gain for Pat, he wasn't making much money on the PGA Tour.

There are reportedly 47 years of proven oil reserves in the entire world. Oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia in 1938, some 84 years ago. Technology and new discoveries can increase proven reserves but based on current PRs the straight math tells us Saudi Arabia is at about the last 1/3 of its oil producing life cycle.

Back