Pebble Beach to $1,000: Would you pay?

Seriously doubt I’ll ever play it at this point. I’ll check out other coastal courses or go play a few in the Coachella Valley instead

Probably once. It’s on my bucket list. I need to just cross it off soon though because it’s only going up.

I pucker at $100 per round. Add a zero to that and it’s absolutely a no from me, regardless of the course or its pedigree.

Nah. Add in two dozen balls I probably lose there, pro shop, dining, etc...

That bill for one round could be 1400+ lol

Seriously doubt I’ll ever play it at this point. I’ll check out other coastal courses or go play a few in the Coachella Valley instead
Go play Los Verdes GC in Rancho Palos Verdes (LA area). $44 and you’re right on the ocean cliffs just like Pebble.

All about the money. If $1,000 was meaningless to me sure I would. I'm a long ways away from that though lol.

Go play Los Verdes GC in Rancho Palos Verdes (LA area). $44 and you’re right on the ocean cliffs just like Pebble.
That sounds amazing and I can buy a some new clubs with the money I save 😆

I used to live a few hours away and have been playing since 2001 and have never been tempted to play it. I have been there and just walking up it seems like it is too hoity-toity for me. And now if it goes to $1k, for sure not. I did play Spanish Bay for my 40th with a caddie and almost had a HIO on my birthday and would rather play there than Pebble.

No thank you. That is a hard pill to swallow for one round. Let alone all the associated expenses of a trip like that.

Sold maybe. It would be cool to check pebble off the list but $1,000 is a kinda stupid amount of money to spend on a single round of golf. Especially with family who are members at MPCC just down the road and I can play for almost free.

Nope. But mostly, because there really aren't any courses that are bucket list items for me. If it were ever even remotely possible, only Augusta would qualify for that for me.

So forget about $1k. Here's where I'm different than most, I guess. It could be for free, and I just wouldn't be interested in the time nor the effort it'd take for me to get there from the east coast.

oh hell no. Amazing course, but man, that's insane. I'd have to get on some other way, but I"m OK with never playing there tbh.

Oof, that hurts. But I think I’d still pay it — once.

No, I will promptly cross it off the bucket list.

As much as I’d love to play there, no chance I’ll shell out that much, unless I become a lot more wealthy to where $1k doesn’t matter that much.

No!!!

I would be hard pressed to pay 1000 for any “public” course. Maybe St Andrews
Woof. Thank god St Andrews isn't that expensive. I remember hole 1, 17, and 18. The rest of the course is a blur to me.

I have been fortunate to play it three times, all with current or one-time THPers. All three times, I really should not have done it, as I felt a little guilty spending +$400 to do so. Although, I have to say...for me, it has been sort of a spiritual experience each time. I have played in over 35 states and around 30 of the top 100 courses in the USA. Pebble continues to be my favorite. If Augusta was available to play for $1000, I wonder how many would find a way to come up with the money to play it? I know I would!

Unless I find a way to significantly change my financial situation where 4 figures for a hobby is easy and not a worry then this is another course off the list.

I wouldn't play it at half that. For whatever reason, that course just isn't interesting to me.

I would pay the current $625 but if it goes to $1000 then absolutely not.

My neighbor and I have kids the same age and were talking about a family trip to Vegas. Brought up Shadow Creek and we both agreed $1000 for 1 round of golf is just stupid

No. If I did, I probably would not really enjoy the round because I would be thinking about how much I paid for it.

nope, nope, nope and if i win the lotto, still a no.

Absolutely not. I was a no at the hundreds they charge now.

It's on my bucket list, but I don't think I'd spend $1k on a round of golf.

Back