performance clubs vs forgiving clus

Status
Not open for further replies.
R9 TP irons 279 BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAYLOR-MADE...81012152242?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2a252a3fb2

TM Rac MB TP 2-9 PW DG S300 259 BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Piece-TAY...00840392440?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2ec3052ef8

TM MC TP 3-PW stiff
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taylormade-...71093009297?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item3f1e670b91

2009 TP iron 299 BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RH-2009-Tay...21010638564?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item4abdb99ee4

TM MC MB combo with xFT wedges
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TaylorMade-...90747008053?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2c69685c35

TM MB TP irons
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAYLORMADE-...71090021759?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item3f1e39757f

there are many more like this that you can find Nathan, I hope you can track the irons you want man, Ebay is hard to work with sometimes but if you are careful you can get some awesome clubs for great money

Here. Hit these. Can be had for cheap at most home furnishing stores and offer very little offset and a very thin top line.

2750kbf.jpg
I think i have one of those in the old stuff that thats rusting over. Mine says dunlop on it thought

Why don't you declare "professional status" mail your golfing resume to Titliest Taylormade Nike etc. Tell them you'll be playing in X amount of tournaments on X tour (Hooters Pepsi Tarheel etc) and that'd you'd love to sport their equipment and would like a discount. Befriend your local representative for the brand of your choice and get to it? You'll have to show these manufacturers I assume your exempt status. The mini tour my friend plays on is a once a year fee of ~$10000. That's entry to all tournaments on that tour. Or you can do it by a tournament by tournament basis. Then you must think about travel and lodging and food. You need sponsors. But getting an apparel and equipment sponsor is first.

Three of my buddies are on mini tours and did just this. Two got answers back from Nike/Titleist and get DEEP discounts. Deeper than I can get working at Golf USA Store, and they get free titleist balls, footjoy shoes, and gloves. The other one is nike and gets nice discounts; to the tune of about a 66% off retail on everything from Nike.

I would love to get continued advice from you guys that can help me make this a dream come true but truth is im less concerned about my gear in this aspect.
Although ive seen glimmers of hope in my game. Im not there yet. For instance at pipestone my focus was on hitting my driver well and i was focusing my irons was ball placement in the proper corners of the green instead of just finding the center and instead all i did was hit every iron shot fat all day. This sat my irons were more consistent but not back to my season average. But i scrambled 5 times. Putted better then average purely because my chipping was awesome.
I know my game will not get taken seriously right now because i cant put together one full round in all aspects so im not ready to declare my status. All that said Over the next 18 months as i try to prepare myself i want equipment that falls within the rules so at no point do i cheat myself or i would probably just hack away with my burners.
I love my burners but i prefer the way i played with my j33's.

I know the j40s are expensive, but why not look into those since you loved your j33s?
I would love to get continued advice from you guys that can help me make this a dream come true but truth is im less concerned about my gear in this aspect.
Although ive seen glimmers of hope in my game. Im not there yet. For instance at pipestone my focus was on hitting my driver well and i was focusing my irons was ball placement in the proper corners of the green instead of just finding the center and instead all i did was hit every iron shot fat all day. This sat my irons were more consistent but not back to my season average. But i scrambled 5 times. Putted better then average purely because my chipping was awesome.
I know my game will not get taken seriously right now because i cant put together one full round in all aspects so im not ready to declare my status. All that said Over the next 18 months as i try to prepare myself i want equipment that falls within the rules so at no point do i cheat myself or i would probably just hack away with my burners.
I love my burners but i prefer the way i played with my j33's.

For that very reason. I would rather take that extra money and put it in to range time and rounds of golf then clubs. If i cant get my game to level it needs to b then what diffrence does the gear make.

Hmmm. How about getting some older Hogan blades on ebay? Those are as blady as it gets and at a good price too.

Or check out the used club section of a big online vendor like Global Golf. There are some oldies but goodies on there from Wilson and TM.

TS is your handicap really at 10 or is that a mistake?

Or check out the used club section of a big online vendor like Global Golf. There are some oldies but goodies on there from Wilson and TM.
My old driver was from there and ive looked at all venues for clubs but i found that the nikes are a steal for what im getting for the money. The money im saving i can put into custom shafts in time

I'm lost. I've read the entire thread and completely lost.

Just buy thainer's irons, I bet he's giving you a deal

Dude hits the ball a mile.

TS are you still buying my nikes?

For that very reason. I would rather take that extra money and put it in to range time and rounds of golf then clubs. If i cant get my game to level it needs to b then what diffrence does the gear make.

TS is your handicap really at 10 or is that a mistake?
According to my golf logix my pga handicap is right around 10 but my overall average is about 86. I dont know how that works. But ive kept every round ive played in 3 months that the gps has been good for teh whole round.

I'm trying to really put together what this thread is accomplishing, and I think the most I've gotten is that you think player irons are more forgiving, and thus better tools to make you a better golfer?

I don't really buy the workability stuff.. I've played the Burner 2.0's all summer and can work them just fine.. Kittles can confirm this from this past weekend if you'd like haha!

If you want some decent mid-range options, go R9 tp. I bet they are all kinds of good value right now.

I'm trying to really put together what this thread is accomplishing, and I think the most I've gotten is that you think player irons are more forgiving, and thus better tools to make you a better golfer?

I don't really buy the workability stuff.. I've played the Burner 2.0's all summer and can work them just fine.. Kittles can confirm this from this past weekend if you'd like haha!

If you want some decent mid-range options, go R9 tp. I bet they are all kinds of good value right now.

I think that's a great choice too.

I think even JB has said this before a few times, that professionals can work a players iron, or a game improvement iron regardless since they play so well.

In my opinion, playing forged irons, players irons, game improvement irons, blades, cavity backs, hybrid irons (you get the point) are all personal preference. Some people can hit iron A better than iron B regardless of what they look like. At the end of the day, the numbers will determine what club is better for an individual.

Some people like small heads, and others like thin top lines because it's their personal preference.

I think that's a great choice too.

I think even JB has said this before a few times, that professionals can work a players iron, or a game improvement iron regardless since they play so well.

In my opinion, playing forged irons, players irons, game improvement irons, blades, cavity backs, hybrid irons (you get the point) are all personal preference. Some people can hit iron A better than iron B regardless of what they look like. At the end of the day, the numbers will determine what club is better for an individual.

Some people like small heads, and others like thin top lines because it's their personal preference.

You know satch after 8 pages i think you get the point of this better then anyone because the original question was has anyone else had this kind of expirience because i wasnt sure what it says about me as a golfer

You know satch after 8 pages i think you get the point of this better then anyone because the original question was has anyone else had this kind of expirience because i wasnt sure what it says about me as a golfer

Well I've played with the Taylormade CB, the MC, and the MB and I loved them, they were just too inconsistent for me since my ball striking at the time wasn't as solid as I'd like, but I've since been working a lot on my swing and quality of my striking with my irons and I may benefit more from a better iron set than my burners, I love my burners a lot, but I really like quality and every time I think of high quality metal things, I really think of forged metal. Plus I just like how the forged irons looked and felt better, but that doesn't mean I would benefit from them.

If I can find a forged iron that was forgiving enough for my taste, I would buy them-I really found that the Taylormade CB were close to what I wanted, but they were discontinued so I have to buy used.

Another way I would go though, is to get a combo set-cavity backs for the longer irons and MB for the short irons.

I think that smaller irons are easier to hit, but I've been known to be quirky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think that smaller irons are easier to hit, but I've been known to be quirky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's your personal preference and mine now too, I don't know why I like the smaller clubs, but I do now. And it all comes down to personal preference. Although I may benefit from a larger driver, I really enjoy the smaller head of the R11, don't know why but I do. When I owned the Burner Super Fast, I hated it, it was awkwardly huge, and I couldn't hit it correctly, same thing with the hybrids, I didn't like the larger RBZ or burner hybrids for some reason, and I really like the smaller profile of the R11 rescue for some reason.

Now my next purchase will probably be a custom fit Forged CB set, and I will makes sure to get properly fit this time

i like the superfast hybrids more then say the duel rescue style

i like the superfast hybrids more then say the duel rescue style

they were really forgiving when I owned one of them, except the stock shaft combo was really high launching for me, and I could hit some great shots even when I made crappy contact, try that with a blade lol

i kept a hybrid in my bag really only because i dont have a 3i in my bag but my next set will have a 3 so i can take my hybrid out. that said i can hit the 25* aproximately 265 yards so i wont get rid of it all together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back