Personal Best Thread!!!!!!!

f2e08bbc45a51333eeeaf54c0ccd5950.jpg

Had my PB over the weekend! 73-39/34

Had to throw 2 doubles in there as well.

Been working hard on my game and things are paying off. Trying to get HC down to a 7 from a 9 by end of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I may ask, what app is this? I like the handicap breakdown.

And Congrats!

Well I had another personal best yesterday. While playing at a new course I had something unbelievable happen. After shooting about a 90 on the first round being rushed, and getting upset, I lost several balls and had many penalty Strokes.

We got something to eat and went back out for a replay. I parred the first hole, I chipped in for Birdie on the 2nd hole I sunk a long 20-footer for Birdie on the 3rd hole, and I sank about a 5-footer for Birdie on the third hole! I have never had three birdies in a row in my life! I went on to make one bogie and the rest pars. I finished the round with a 34! Of course I could not follow it up on the back nine, without dragging this out I will just say I shot a 44 on the back!I was happy with a78, oh what could have been!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

As a 24 handicap I'm beyond stoked, right now. Played my ass off yesterday. Irons were on point. Pitching and chipping seemed like dart practice and the new Stroke Lab putter has a forever home. I'm almost afraid to play again because I know it won't be near this good.
a4f936936161925ec7f90d9eb7e75d3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4 straight pars and birdie on the front, only double was on the long par 4... That's some solid work!

If I may ask, what app is this? I like the handicap breakdown.

And Congrats!

I use Arccos. I really like it a lot. Tracks states and also functions as GPS for yardages with phone during round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last day of league today, and met up with some friends to go out early and play 18 instead of our usual 9. I went 43-47 = 90 for a personal best by 3 strokes! I only had 1 triple bogey in the round, where I usually have at least two every 9. No birdies, although I had my chances, and I ended up with 5 pars.

Had a PB 80 with 10/14 fws and 11/18 girls and 33 putts.. missed a couple pars with stupid 3 putts (initial putt going 4-5' past the hole, missed the comeback)

One blowup hole due to crushing a ball past landing and into water.. overall I'm still happy with the round

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4013fa66ae706c1645e6ded7f4652ef3.jpg

Back during my peak playing days...

A 4 over 76 for 18 holes, on a ~6400 yd, 134 slope Fazio course.

Best 9 was a 1 over 37 on the back 9, ~3450yds, slope is 135 on a Tom Fazio course (had a 40 on the front for a 77).

Duffer Waldorf ;n8891023 said:
Bold move, Cotton!

Let's see if it pays off for him!

Played in my club championship over the weekend. Friday and Sunday were pretty forgettable. Saturday however was.....well.....it was kinda nuts. I birdied one hole on the front (#5) and then made the turn to 10. I dunked one from a pretty gnarly green side bunker for bird...then played a few holes and walked off 13 saying it’s time to make some birdies. I birdied 14 (par 4) reached the par 5 15th in two but missed the eagle putt and drained the bird. Stuck it to 6’ and drained the putt for birdie on the par 3 16th. Piped my drive on a short par 4 (335yds) 17th and 3 putted from 12’ for bogey. Teed off a little pissed on the par 5 18th.....pounded driver and it left me 176 on with forced carry over water to get home in 2. I hit 8 iron to about 14’.... and lipped out the eagle putt for my last birdie of the round.

SIX......SIX birdies on the day and FIIIVVVVEEEEEE on the back nine. I was freaking out.

I woke up Sunday for my final round and teed of on 1....made birdie. Teed off on 2 made birdie....and I literally said out loud, “I don’t know what the f$#k is going on boys. I had literally birdied 6 of the last 7 holes I had played and 7 of 11 going back to #10 the day prior. Just nuts....

Needless to say, I played the rest of my round Sunday like absolute trash and Friday wasn’t much better. But it showed me something about my golf game I didn’t know was there any more....glimmer, hope, good scores. So addicted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duffer Waldorf;n8891023 said:
Bold move, Cotton!
tomcat;n8891030 said:
Let's see if it pays off for him!
6abac596871726d91f702455c4d98e6d.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Shot my best ever of 37-36-73 for a +1. My scrambling was the absolutely best it ever has been on this round. Considering I shot one over and only hit 2 fairways is pretty incredible. Since my home course is nothing but tree lined typically when you miss the fairway you are dead.

Last edited:
Architex;n8896105 said:
Shot my best ever of 37-37-73 for a +1. My scrambling was the absolutely best it ever has been on this round. Considering I shot one over and only hit 2 fairways is pretty incredible. Since my home course is nothing but tree lined typically when you miss the fairway you are dead.

Great round!! Congrats!!
:clapp:

Architex;n8896105 said:
Shot my best ever of 37-37-73 for a +1. My scrambling was the absolutely best it ever has been on this round. Considering I shot one over and only hit 2 fairways is pretty incredible. Since my home course is nothing but tree lined typically when you miss the fairway you are dead.
Man that's some serious scrambling! Nice work!

I have shot even par for 18 a few times, which I did again today. I keep reaching for that illusive under par round.

My personal best is even par 70 with bogeys on the last two holes. My best for 9 holes is 32 (-3).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've probably posted in here, but not for a while.

My best score is 75 (+4) with a 33 (-2) back nine. That was on a <5800y course, though, so it seems a little cheap. I have shot 77 (+6), 78 (+6), and 79 (+7) on longer courses though. I think I've only been under par for 9 holes twice. I had a 35 (-1) once, too.

Well, not really a personal best score but I drove a green for the first time:

a833424d23924c7d50f87e10e7981b91.jpg

Best ever 78 (numerous times) on a Par 70, 79 on a par 71, and 79 on a Par 72. My best this year was 81 on two different Par 70 courses.

Shot 71 today with 17 pars and 1 birdie. Not a PB score wise but was first time with no bogeys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Set 3 PBs today:

Best 18 hole score - 66 (previous PB 67)
Best 9 hole score - 31 (previous PB 32)
Most birdies in round - 8 (previous PB 6)

Set 3 PBs today:

Best 18 hole score - 66 (previous PB 67)
Best 9 hole score - 31 (previous PB 32)
Most birdies in round - 8 (previous PB 6)

sounds like you were on fire!

sounds like you were on fire!

Yes sir. Was a great feeling! 7 of the 8 birdie putts were inside of 10 feet and the 8th was a chip in. Wish I could say I could do no wrong but did make 2 bogeys on the back 9 with one really poor shot on each hole. Did follow both with a birdie on the next hole so didn't let them get me down.

Back