Personal Best Thread!!!!!!!

Set 3 PBs today:

Best 18 hole score - 66 (previous PB 67)
Best 9 hole score - 31 (previous PB 32)
Most birdies in round - 8 (previous PB 6)
Saw that on Twitter. Nice round, Scott!!!!!! ?????

Set 3 PBs today:

Damn, great shooting.

Set 3 PBs today:

Well done indeed!

Was starting to think I'd never get to post in this thread again, but then today happened. Shot +2/-3 for a 71 on my home course from the Green tees. Our course isn't long, a little under 6300 yards from the Green tees, but it requires precision off the tee.
I made par on 8 holes on the front, but took a double on one of the easiest holes trying to get to cute with a chip over a bunker. On the back I managed to birdie 10 which has been a nemesis hole & par 12, the only long par 4 (420 yds). Also made a birdie on the par 5 14th, but almost choked it away on 15. I almost topped my tee ball, but hit a great recovery shot & them almost chutted in from off the green for a birdie. I missed a 12 footer for par on 16, but squirreled out & eagled 18.
I'm still on cloud nine & can't wait to get out & play tomorrow morning.

Was starting to think I'd never get to post in this thread again, but then today happened. Shot +2/-3 for a 71 on my home course from the Green tees. Our course isn't long, a little under 6300 yards from the Green tees, but it requires precision off the tee.
I made par on 8 holes on the front, but took a double on one of the easiest holes trying to get to cute with a chip over a bunker. On the back I managed to birdie 10 which has been a nemesis hole & par 12, the only long par 4 (420 yds). Also made a birdie on the par 5 14th, but almost choked it away on 15. I almost topped my tee ball, but hit a great recovery shot & them almost chutted in from off the green for a birdie. I missed a 12 footer for par on 16, but squirreled out & eagled 18.
I'm still on cloud nine & can't wait to get out & play tomorrow morning.
Awesome job dude!

Well for the first time in a long time I get to come in this thread and post my new personal best. My previous personal best was an 81. Today I shot an 80. 46 on the back, but a personal best for nine holes coming in under par 34 on the back. Eight par s and one eagle. I hit 6 of the 9 greens in regulation on the back and just missed one green by just a couple yards as I pulled the wrong club by accident and it left me a club short. It was probably the most confident I've ever played. It was so stress-free and easy. Just like the game should be!

Well for the first time in a long time I get to come in this thread and post my new personal best. My previous personal best was an 81. Today I shot an 80. 46 on the back, but a personal best for nine holes coming in under par 34 on the back. Eight par s and one eagle. I hit 6 of the 9 greens in regulation on the back and just missed one green by just a couple yards as I pulled the wrong club by accident and it left me a club short. It was probably the most confident I've ever played. It was so stress-free and easy. Just like the game should be!

congrats! that’s quite the turnaround! 👊🏻👊🏻

PB today with a 75 on par 71. I have shot +1 on a par 61 before, but never considered it a PB. We played a little shorter yardage than usual, but I played well. Most pars in a round IIRC, definitely since I started using Arccos

BBAD3D8C-50E9-4D05-AF73-2E9C9B38E418.png

PB today with a 75 on par 71. I have shot +1 on a par 61 before, but never considered it a PB. We played a little shorter yardage than usual, but I played well. Most pars in a round IIRC, definitely since I started using Arccos

View attachment 8941737
Congrats and great round.

Topped my previous best by 1 yesterday:

1589380579289.png

I didn't realize this until this morning, but the 5 bogeys or worse came on the 5 of the 6 best scoring holes for me. I average 3.17 strokes over par on holes 7, 8, 9, 12, and 18, so of course I'm going 8-over on those five. This could've (should've?!?) been better. o_O

Last edited:
It was probably the most confident I've ever played. It was so stress-free and easy. Just like the game should be!
This!

I felt like I was in total control of my game yesterday. It was a little odd, to be honest, but it sure was fun.

I got to thinking, I once had GIR 14/14 GIR 17/18 with 5 three putts and two birdies for a humbling 75. Best GIR I ever had with not much hurrah about it due to my putting. The mention of GIR and FIR in another post brought that odd day back into my mind.

1 under 71. I was playing to a 6.7 hdcp then. Struggling to break 80 now :(

I shot a new personal best of 82 today. Was 12 over on the front and was even on the back 9 with 2 bogies and 2 birdies including a birdie on 18 that was set by hitting the flagstick with PW from 135 that left me a tap in. I just wish that rounds like this weren’t flukes. I usually shoot around 90-95, which a lot of that comes from bad decision making.

Last edited:
I shot a new personal best of 82 today. Was 12 over on the front and was even on the back 9 with 2 bogies and 2 birdies including a birdie on 18 that was set by hitting the flagstick with PW from 135 that left me a tap in. I just wish that rounds like this weren’t flukes. I usually shoot around 90-95, which a lot of that comes from bad decision making.
Shooting even par on the back nine shows what you are capable of so maybe that was not a fluke but what you can do if you keep your mind on you next shot every time. 20 + handicappers rarely shoot even par for nine holes. Also congrats on your PB of 82.

That is a great nine. I think you are about to make some big strides to lowering that cap. You shoot 82 once and now know it‘s possible and it will happen again. If you can shoot great on nine holes, nothing is stopping you from doing it on more holes.

I am on a similar path, just at a different number. A few weeks ago, I shot even par on a nine and then a 44 on the back. But last week I was able to keep it together for two good nines and had a PB.

Hit 100% FIR and 4 pars in row.

Beat Net vs. Course HDCP! Had one of those days:F1788548-8951-4A95-B586-4887F1E0972B.jpeg

Last edited:
Tied my PR last weekend and eclipsed it by 2 strokes yesterday afternoon. (y)(y)

37-37 / 74 / +2
2 birdies
12 pars
4 bogeys
Putts: 30
GIR: 12/18
FIR: 11/14
6,550 / 72.2 / 143

I'd only like to repeat 2 shots (1 putt & 1 wedge). Both were solid strokes but they lead to bogeys. My 2020 goal is; "drive for 5" (5.x index) and it's still alive! Playing tournaments the next 3 weekends. Great way to pressure test my swing, game, and index.

Easier course today however I’ll take the numbers:
E9403725-A045-4A32-8A58-778F564F88B3.jpeg

Dang. You guys killing it need to hit up the handicap watch thread after posting some of these scores. Crazy good stuff.

Back