#PersonalDistance w/ THP & Wilson Golf

Starting to get real close to what we call fall around here. The way things are going the two rounds of golf at this event will be the last of the year for me ( minus some granddaddy magic happening)

I had seen a tweet from a :wilsonstaff: sales rep in the UK. Apparently they kill it with Wilson over there.He was talking about how nice the new(2015) Wilson apparel was as he was hanging it on his sample rack.:wilsonstaff: of course does not sell apparel in the states.Just hats,t-shirts, bags etc.I wanted to see how I could have some shipped to me.He led me to a wonderful young woman in the marketing department back here in Illinois.
In the course of our correspondence I mentioned that THP has a group of folks who are excited and anxious to come to Chicago. She make it sound like they are prepared, fired up and proud to welcome you to one of the true iconic sporting goods brands in the United States.In a historical sense this is very cool.

I still would like to see a Chicago-land merger between Wilson and Bettinardi putters.For those of you who know softball it would be similar to when Wilson purchased Demarini bats. Which they have kept as it's own line under its name.It certainly would give them some instance credibility.

Yea I don't get the clothing. They seem to sell some pretty nice stuff from what I can see on Europe golf websites but the exchange rate doesn't look favorably to US buyers

I was thinking about this all day. First THP event in two years nearly. Been too damn long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this all day. First THP event in two years nearly. Been too damn long.

And its going to be a great time...And of course start planning for next year... :angel:

And its going to be a great time...And of course start planning for next year... :angel:

Damn right. Taking last year off was killer .

We down to 3 weeks right? Going by quickly!

Spoke to my golf buddies about #PersonalDistance today - I am fired up about this entire event!
Three weeks? I am pumped up!!
Looking forward to 1) Meeting Wilson Staff personnel and learning about the company and their technology;
2) Meeting a bunch of THP'ers as this is my first official event;
3) Personal Distance and custom driver; and
playing some golf where the temps are not 90+ degrees!!

It really just sank in how close this finally is... holy crap! I'm excited! Here's to hoping we're able to hold onto this weather just a little while longer.

It really just sank in how close this finally is... holy crap! I'm excited! Here's to hoping we're able to hold onto this weather just a little while longer.

My biggest concern the last couple days. Temps keep droppin

Two weeks from tonight, I am getting on a plane and headed to Chicago - Excited that the date is finally arriving!
Looking forward to meeting fellow THP'ers and folks from Wilson Staff, as well as playing golf somewhere I had never thought I would ever play!

Considering you are from the valley of the sun you might want to find a couple of sweaters,,,,,or even something warmer.

Been eyeing that up since the streelman win and the wilson giveaways after

I also love the FG Tour base layers they have for sale on the uk sites.

I'm really pumped to follow this one when it gets underway.

Those 100 year anniversary stand bags are beauties. If I see one in person, the temptation my be too much to handle. 2 weeks and I'll be just hitting the road on the way to Chitown.

Anybody want to give up their spot? I'm available.

I agree on the apparel. I have a customer device person in Chicago helping me score some pieces,,,I hope.
Seems like a lot of us like ITEMS in the Wilson Staff line-up. The bag,wedge,irons of course, balls,8802 putter, ect. I guess we all hope they get it all together at one time to get a place at the table.I know the folks going to The PD event will have a ball.My hope is that long term the company lets the golf division kind go for it like they do marketing wise in other sports.I do not find the discount store brand tag to be as strong as it was a year ago.
I also love the FG Tour base layers they have for sale on the uk sites.

I'm really pumped to follow this one when it gets underway.

I am trying to put my head down and grind through the next couple weeks until this event.

Well fellas, we're officially on deck!

The anticipation is killing me!

Back