PGA Tour Says No To This Color Caddie Shorts

Wow, this is definitely starting to seem like the PGA is crossing the line. Its like they can just make vague rules so they can just change them as they go.

What if this was the 1,000th time they've said something to caddies about attire? Is it still crossing the line or is it instilling the rules they have in place? There's a ton we don't know right now. All we know is he was spoken to about his shorts and all we are doing is passing judgement on the PGA based on a law suit by the caddies. Seems premature to me

"Regulations state "solid-color, knee-length tailored shorts"....guess the color of my shorts is taking attention away from that MasterCard symbol I'm advertising on my back for FREE"...

As long as they are not paying the caddies to wear the advertising that the PGA gets paid on, then they shouldn't be so nitpicky and be more specific as to what shorts are appropiate.

What if this was the 1,000th time they've said something to caddies about attire? Is it still crossing the line or is it instilling the rules they have in place? There's a ton we don't know right now. All we know is he was spoken to about his shorts and all we are doing is passing judgement on the PGA based on a law suit by the caddies. Seems premature to me

Caddies are not employees of the PGA Tour

If this is the 1,000th time the PGA has said this to a caddie then they would be more ignorant than I thought because they should have been smart enough to change the rule. They should know by now that they cant be so vague with the rules. I'm not arguing that the PGA cant require a certain color of shorts, I'm arguing that they need to be clear about their rules.

Seems pretty nit picky to me. Who cares what color the caddies shorts are.

I agree 1000% percent. And they wonder why there are so few young new golfers these days. Time to lighten up a little. Tim Finchem is taking himself way too seriously. Time for Nurse Ratched to retire and get a young guy in there, and at the USGA and the R&A.

Petty on the PGA's part by my thinking.

Is there nothing else the PGA has to worry about than a caddies shorts colour. I guess its going so smooth they need to find something else to pick on.

I think we need to wait to hear more before making a judgment here. We have only heard one person's version of what happened.

Looks like Kisner caddy is wearing these shorts for the final round of The Players.

A birdie putt to win is upcoming.

Looks like Kisner caddy is wearing these shorts for the final round of The Players.

A birdie putt to win is upcoming.
They look like a sail from one of the yacht parked in the Harbor

Back