CONTEST Pick Golfinnut's OEM and WIN

Cobra should be the choice to change to.

1. Their equipment is just sexy. How can you not like that infinity milled driver face?
2. The Speedzone clubs are just so easy to hit and feel great!
3. Speedzone Hybrids are absolute beasts! Those rails actually do work. (y)
4. Speedzone 3 wood is another awesome club with those rails.

Callaway. They're leading the industry in innovative technology and have great product lines for every level of player. Since Odyssey is part of their brand as well, they can easily be a full-bag OEM, and the Stroke Lab putters are awesome. The new MD5 Jaws wedges have 23 different loft and grind options available, so anybody should be able to find wedges that fit their game. Their Customs shop allows you to personalize your clubs, if you're into that sort of thing. Top that with their quality, stellar customer service and participation with/support of THP and you've got a winner.

Here's a left field option, similar to the Hogan business model and equally sexy looking.

Haywood Golf - Canadian club builder, beautiful looking blades in polished or raw finish. Completely affordable although it sounds like money isn't truly an issue here (it is for me). Oh and they offer full sets or heads only.

1583268863221.png
1583268768703.png

They also do wedges but we have seen the responses to that advice :)

Last edited:
For a second entry, I recently tried out the following & these are also very nice looking options with loads of tech and pedigree for non-traditional (re-OEM) bag options:

Maltby TS-1: Very slim top line, compact blade-like design, billet forged 3-piece.
1583270381642.png

Looks like Callaway, TM, Cobra & Srixon are top of list of candidates for slots in the bag. Now to find time to hit them all :rolleyes:
Oh come on, you don't want the same thing everyone else has in the bag! Go with Ben Hogan, tradition and technology beyond all those more common clubs.

Hmmm, let me think about this. I don't know. Okay, I'll suggest Callaway :)

The reasons are that Callaway covers every spot in the bag and does so with equipment that is borne out of innovation and outside the box thinking. They just about HAVE to have an option that will meet a persons eye, budget and playing criteria/characteristics. Also, Callaway is the only company that chose Phil over Tiger. I'm not sure what that means but I'm throwing it out there for consideration.

Continuing from my experience testing clubs during last weekend’s demo day, my third recommendation would be Ping...When i tested the G410 driver, it felt powerfully solid and stable with even mishits generating decent ball speed and smash factor and this also includes the rest of the woods lineup...In the irons category i tested all their irons including the Blueprint and G710 and i like the looks and performance of both so whether you’re into blades or game improvement irons or anything in between, choosing any of the Ping irons would just depend on looks and what fits best for you since I sincerely like their iron lineups..As for their wedges and putter lineup, i certainly rate it as one of the best that day and you can do no wrong in choosing Ping to complete your set make up as long as the looks suit your eye and they are perfectly fitted for your game...Overall a solid stable selection with dominating performance 👏👏👏

Some good stuff in here so far.

Cobra: The Speedzone Driver looks awesome. As has been stated they can fit you with a standard where you can adjust the weights for spin; the extreme which is rear weighted; and the "Tour Length" if you desire a shorter driver.

The Fairway metals look awesome too. The SZ line probably is only a minor improvement over the F9 line but the F9 FWs had the only 3W I could hit off the deck in years so that gets my vote. Of course if you want their "Big Tour" FW which is essentially a 2W, you could go there, too. Suggested: SZ 3W.

Just remember the Drivers and Fairways come in the bold yellow and glossy finish or the more subdued arctic white and matte black finish.

I really like their hybrids. Very easy to hit off a variety of conditions with the rails. Speedzone Hybrids: 3H, 4H.

For Irons: The Forged Tec irons. 5 - PW

1583532718265.png

You can keep your Vokey wedges and play whatever putter you want. ;) Vokey SM-8 Wedges (50, 54, 58). Unless you want to try the Cobra wedges.

Of course you'll have to get fitted for shaft length and your choice of shafts, right?

Last edited:
Icon-01-HR.jpg

Looks like Callaway, TM, Cobra & Srixon are top of list of candidates for slots in the bag. Now to find time to hit them all :rolleyes:

You know you can’t leave Titleist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still fully supportive of Cobra, because I think they make great products. But I also want to mention another. Callaway.

I'm sure you've looked at all their clubs by now, you know the Grandaddy, and have seen how people around THP feel about the company and the clubs it produces.

All these are great, even beyond great, but what has me leaning towards Callaway are the connections they seek to make. The people at Callaway seem to truly have a genuine interest in us internet golfers here on THP. I've had numerous interactions here on THP with Callaway employees, who have given us some time to answer questions, engage in debate, and just discuss with us the game of golf. I know if I had any questions or issues I could reach out directly to a person behind the company, and get an honest response.

They just seem to get it, not that the others on your list don't, but I've had more interactions with Callaway than the others during my time here. Food for thought as you decide which company gets your hard earned dollars!

Cobra:

They have something for everyone in their line up while also being at a slightly lower price point.

Drivers they have a lineup that includes both forgiveness and low spin distance.

Fairways they have 3, a standard, a workable head, and a bomber head. Again something for everyone.

Hybrid/Utility: They have a fairway like hybrid and an adjustable utility iron. Their GI iron also makes a solid driving iron. They even have one length if you want to mess around with that

Irons: I'm honestly impressed with the line up they have. They have 3 sets of tour style irons in the MB, CB, and Forged Tour (I believe soon to be replaced by MiM tour). They have the best price point hollow iron in the forged tec. The Game Improvement iron definitely has shown its chops. They even have UGI and hybrid style irons. They have one length as well.

Wedges: this is probably the weakest section of cobra but even still they do things well. The MiM wedges feel great and the Black wedges have the wide low grind which is probably the best grind in golf. Through Club Champion you can even get raw heads.

I'm really impressed with Cobra and love their lower price point. They are probably one of the most innovative oems in the woods and make some very distinctive irons. Their tour irons have more forgiveness than expected. They have a great partnership with Arccos which is probably the one tool that will help us amateurs improve the fastest.

Echoing my previous posts, I realize I am almost entirely Cleveland Srixon and loving it...

Srixon 785
Cleveland Launcher 2000's version
Adam's A12 pro
Srixon 765 irons
Bridgestone W-1
Odyssey Putter

Last edited:
Speaking of Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO.....

Driver: XXIO - pick one - these aren't cheap but I've seen good reviews about them. They make two.
FW: Srixon Z F85 (or what replaces it) - 15 degree
Hybrids: Srixon Z H85 (or what replaces them) - 19, 22
Irons: Srixon Z 785 Forged 5-PW
Wedges: (he wants his Vokeys) 50, 54, 58
Putter: Putters are very personal.

For a second entry, I recently tried out the following & these are also very nice looking options with loads of tech and pedigree for non-traditional (re-OEM) bag options:

Maltby TS-1: Very slim top line, compact blade-like design, billet forged 3-piece.
View attachment 8930382

I like the Maltby stuff too hence the avatar, but they are not popular around here. Popeye, Tehuti, and Ben (can't remember his forum name) use them too.

Dave

I like the Maltby stuff too hence the avatar, but they are not popular around here. Popeye, Tehuti, and Ben (can't remember his forum name) use them too.

Dave

It’s a shame, they’re good heads at affordable prices, if the big guys weren’t so expensive I’d like to switch back.

I gotta go with Callaway on this for obvious reasons but let’s talk about the not so obvious.

Their customer service beats out every other OEM. I’ve had countless times where I call over to their CS line and they always go above and beyond. My new glove was damaged 2 years ago. Called up CS and they said they’d send a new one + one more for my trouble. That being said, it will make you feel better about making a big purchase. If it’s not perfect, they’ll make it right. Insurance for your new clubs sorta.

2, They’re the only OEM using AI. And they’re using it in ways that we haven’t even seen yet on the open market. It’s making their equipment far and above, better than its competitors.

3, they actually talk to you @golfinnut ....tweet at one of their staff or make a comment on their IG accounts...you’ll get a reply. Anything you want to know, they’ll tell ya! I like Titleist and they make some stellar equipment but they won’t do that.

Good luck in your quest!!

After thinking about this a while in curious as to what it will take for Chris to leave Titleist. I think my next pitch will be for Mizuno because if you are leaving one iconic brand why not go to another? Nothing feels like a Mizuno and I could see Chris play a split set of irons with a more bladed option in the short irons and a little more forgiveness in the long irons. Add to this the fact that their last few releases of drivers and fairways have been incredible I think this will fit Chris well!

@golfinnut has had is head up his arse about Titleist equipment for far too long..... the correct choice is Cobra or Callaway, lots of great choices from both OEMs to meet his high standards but I'm gonna lean Cobra as the top choice.... then he can also update his apparel swag with some of the hot items from Puma! Step up your game all around would you! :sneaky:

Titleist- Great drivers, great irons, great wedges, great putters, great balls, great bags, great clothes. No other reasons needed.

It’s a shame, they’re good heads at affordable prices, if the big guys weren’t so expensive I’d like to switch back.

I think the TE forged are about perfect for me. I wouldn't switch to anything else. Maybe as time goes on I'll find something wrong, but nothing yet. I have to admit I like the old school lofts too as I'm playing off a 48* PW.

Dave

Back