Chrome soft

Callaway Chrome Tour

Bridgestone Tour B RXS

TM Tour Response

Callaway Chrome Tour

Well, my Golf Ball of course.
Srixon Z star XV in YELLOW. 😀

Q star tour doesn't change or Wilson staff model since it's got some hype

You got fit using an AVX and now they are going to change it? Why?

Weren’t you fit using AVX? Changing the ball changes things

Maxfli Tour S

Get your last minute entries in!

Wow! That was fun. Very eye opening. It was interesting because many golf balls performed similar, but they still have stark individual differences. Interestingly enough, my ballnamic fitting was close to what performed the best, but didn’t get it exactly right.

I tested almost every major brands urethane offerings. Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade, Bridgestone, Srixon, and Wilson. We started by hitting 7 irons to narrow down the field. We used a GC Quad for data. By the time it was said and done, there were 3 stand out performers. All 3 were from different OEMs. And, all 3 are different from one another. I then tested those 3 golf balls again with 7 iron then driver.

First, was the Wilson Staff Model X. This was one of the first balls that I really started to take notice of. Performance was there. Felt fast. Ball speed averaged 106 mph, launch angle was 19°, spin was 6592, decent was 45.7°, 87 peak, 160 carry 168 total. During the driver portion, I never really hit this ball well and it’s why it didn’t make the cut. But, overall, I’m impressed.

Next was a ball I’ve used a good bit in the past, Srixon Z-Star. This ball probably felt the best out the 3, I think it’s the softest. Ball speed averaged 109 mph, launch angle was 20.4°, spin was 7138, decent was 45.9°, 104 peak, 164 carry 172 total. The z-Star was fast, launched high, performed well. These characteristics basically followed for driver. Benefits of this ball are it’s a little cheaper than others and I can get it in the divide.

Lastly, is Titleist -ProV1x! Honestly, I’ve never really considered this ball much. Just seemed like it was only for ‘better players’. But, this ball has some real performance behind it. What really helped this ball was I absolutely nutted one and ball speed was 123.2 mph and carry was 175 total 185. Ball speed averaged 113 mph, launch angle was 17.4°, spin was 6189, decent was 44.5°, 78 peak, 168 carry 177 total. Now, during the driver fitting, this ball really shined. Ball speed was 155 average and peaked at 162. Which I don’t believe I’ve ever hit before! But, also the ball speed retention on miss hits was phenomenal! Lowest ball speed I saw was 152.

So, if you base it off of data and performance, the Titleist -Prov1x wins hands down. One thing that the fitter recommended was to try these outside and see if the performance stays the same. Left dash might fly too low or spin to low, and if so, the z-Star would be a good ball to correct those.

So, there was one correct pick. @JohnSinVA please send me your information and I will send you a prize pack!

Want me to send your Loggerhead balls back? I still have 2 sleeves left??!! haha

Wow! That was fun. Very eye opening. It was interesting because many golf balls performed similar, but they still have stark individual differences. Interestingly enough, my ballnamic fitting was close to what performed the best, but didn’t get it exactly right.

I tested almost every major brands urethane offerings. Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade, Bridgestone, Srixon, and Wilson. We started by hitting 7 irons to narrow down the field. We used a GC Quad for data. By the time it was said and done, there were 3 stand out performers. All 3 were from different OEMs. And, all 3 are different from one another. I then tested those 3 golf balls again with 7 iron then driver.

First, was the Wilson Staff Model X. This was one of the first balls that I really started to take notice of. Performance was there. Felt fast. Ball speed averaged 106 mph, launch angle was 19°, spin was 6592, decent was 45.7°, 87 peak, 160 carry 168 total. During the driver portion, I never really hit this ball well and it’s why it didn’t make the cut. But, overall, I’m impressed.

Next was a ball I’ve used a good bit in the past, Srixon Z-Star. This ball probably felt the best out the 3, I think it’s the softest. Ball speed averaged 109 mph, launch angle was 20.4°, spin was 7138, decent was 45.9°, 104 peak, 164 carry 172 total. The z-Star was fast, launched high, performed well. These characteristics basically followed for driver. Benefits of this ball are it’s a little cheaper than others and I can get it in the divide.

Lastly, is Titleist -ProV1x! Honestly, I’ve never really considered this ball much. Just seemed like it was only for ‘better players’. But, this ball has some real performance behind it. What really helped this ball was I absolutely nutted one and ball speed was 123.2 mph and carry was 175 total 185. Ball speed averaged 113 mph, launch angle was 17.4°, spin was 6189, decent was 44.5°, 78 peak, 168 carry 177 total. Now, during the driver fitting, this ball really shined. Ball speed was 155 average and peaked at 162. Which I don’t believe I’ve ever hit before! But, also the ball speed retention on miss hits was phenomenal! Lowest ball speed I saw was 152.

So, if you base it off of data and performance, the Titleist -Prov1x wins hands down. One thing that the fitter recommended was to try these outside and see if the performance stays the same. Left dash might fly too low or spin to low, and if so, the z-Star would be a good ball to correct those.

So, there was one correct pick. @JohnSinVA please send me your information and I will send you a prize pack!
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Thought I would post up the prize pack from @Thrillbilly Jim. I’m not typically a person who uses a koozie but this one may just make me one:

IMG_2035.jpeg
IMG_2036.jpeg

Back