Pick one aid to help you with your putting this winter

if its an actual training aid. i would go with the SeeMore Spi Medicine ball and the triangulator. both have helped my putting stroke so much and of course a SeeMore would help a TON!

The single best putting aid that I have is "The Can't Miss" training aid. It's a gyroscope device that fastens on to your putter. I bought one last winter and work with it religiously. It promotes an arc putting stoke that is professed by Pat O'brien (Seemore) and Stan Utley.

The "TCM" helps you feel the correct arced putting stroke. It has done wonders for my putting!

"The Putting Arc" comes in second on my list.

P.S.

I highly recommend adopting Pat O'brien's putting style. I actually adopted a "Prayers Grip" to level my shoulders. All other putting fundamentals came from Pat.

In addition, I putt with a Seemore DB4 putter. SeeMore putters are King!

Last edited:
+1 I did this while I was out recovering from surgery. I bought a birdie ball green and practiced about 7 feet and in. My putting is WAY better now.

I might add that I practiced with a Seemore belly putter and sometimes a wooden putting arc.

I might add that I practiced with a Seemore belly putter and sometimes a wooden putting arc.

I was trying to get used to my new Del Mar. It was quite different going to a heel shafted Scotty from my old Odyssey white hot mallet both in feel and with my stroke. At first my Del Mar was like a sledge hammer compared to the Odyssey. Repetition was really my only training aid.

honestly, I haven't even looked into the see more line of putters. I'd be willing to give it a shot though. I swear if I could putt decent I could be really quite good. I think that I could consistently shoot under par at the home course and probably drop the ghin handicap two or so strokes and play better at all the other courses I go to.

I've tried the tee trick on the practice green. I like that drill quite a bit as a matter of fact. It could stand to be done more often i suppose.

I came across an ad for a putting mirror or something along those lines... anybody else seen that. I'm not sure it'd be any good, I just remember it being an intriguing idea.

Where can I look more into the see more putters??

thanks for all the input fellas, and thank you mods for putting this thread in it's proper place!!

Put an old cd on the ground shiny side up, and putt with the ball in the hole and make sure you can see your dominant eye just behind the ball.

I vote for a dime. Put the dime about 18 inches in front of your ball. Work on different length stroke and hit 5 balls over the top of the dime. If you can't hit the ball on tour intended line, no other drill or aid will help you.

I vote for a dime. Put the dime about 18 inches in front of your ball. Work on different length stroke and hit 5 balls over the top of the dime. If you can't hit the ball on tour intended line, no other drill or aid will help you.

The funny thing to me is this is exactly what the SeeMore putter is all about. Helping to take the guess work out of alignment.

SeeMore Putters are: 1) American Made Fine Putters 2) An Alignment System and 3) Smart.

By the Way: SeeMore doesnt make: 1) Drivers 2) Fairway Woods or 3) Irons.

They Make PUTTERS.

Last edited:
I have been simply using 6 upturned plastic tees and a small coin on my putting mat at home. I use 4 tees behind the ball to act as a gate for my back stroke. They are spaced slightly wider than the putter head's path. I place the small coin 3 inches in front of the ball and finally the last 2 tees (spaced slightly wider than a ball's width apart) about 3 inches in front of the coin. The aim is putt the ball over the coin and through the 2 tee gate on it's way to the hole without hitting the 4 tees behind the ball. I saw something similar on Youtube. It really focuses the mind and I find it very useful.

Last edited:
Back