PING and Arccos Offer Free Sensors

Is it true you can only add 1 model per club allocation in Arccos ? For example in game golf I’ve added over 20 drivers and it retains their data since owning the system. . I can go back and select any of those drivers as being active at any time and it would add to that models stats.

My buddy who has owned Arccos said if you change the model of club you lose your old model data for ever.

Is this true ?
I don’t think it’s true - I have inactive clubs that retain their stats. They have have changed it, but I don’t recall the stats going away unless you delete the club. Instead you should unpair it

Didn't play yesterday but was able to hit at the range. I didn't like the additional length that the sensors added personally. Also, the sensor that is in my driver appears to back out after every hit so it is not very secure. I can see losing one at some point.

Got my shipping notification. Supposed to be here Thursday. That was vert fast for Ping.

Didn't play yesterday but was able to hit at the range. I didn't like the additional length that the sensors added personally. Also, the sensor that is in my driver appears to back out after every hit so it is not very secure. I can see losing one at some point.

Two tight wraps of electrical tape will fix that.

I didn't like the additional length that the sensors added personally.

That and the extra weight really made a weird difference with each club. Didn't like the back-weighting at all and took them all out since my shots were erratic with the SW change. Too old school to fiddle with a phone on the course anyway, but nice concept in any case. Will probably give my sensors away or just sell them.

I ordered mine a week ago Monday. I remembered last night and checked the tracking number. Status shoiwed as Delivery Pending, received label. I emailed c ustomer seervcie at 11:30 pm, asking them to check the status from their end. At 3 ppm, I had a reply from Ping CS stating that my original shipment was lost, and here's your new tracking number for the replacement shipment. Outstanding!

It’s a shame existing Arccos users can’t pair the sensors with their accounts. I don’t want to lose the info on my existing account. I currently use Arccos with the first gen sensors and a few have started to crap out.

Is it possible to pair a few from the set ordered with the ping promo? I recently ordered a glide and just saw this thread and was wondering if I should fill out the info for the promo. Seems like a good deal.

Big assist to @Iceman! , I’ll be getting these in hand. Used the g410 irons from the event, but also had another eligible club. Will work to compare data over a few sets.

Thanks for this info. I don’t own any Ping clubs, but I will alert someone friends who do.

I don't either, but I'm pondering picking one of these up on eBay or a used rack somewhere to try the sensors long term.

So, according to the link:

Create your Arccos Caddie account, select the PING pathway and enter your credit card to activate your free trial. Credit card is required, but not charged on sign-up*. For account set-up assistance, contact: starter@arccosgolf.com, 844.692.7226.

What if I already have an Arccos Caddie account? How can I select the "PING pathway"? Is that a question for the 844 number?

So, according to the link:

What if I already have an Arccos Caddie account? How can I select the "PING pathway"? Is that a question for the 844 number?
Have you tried it on the app? I think they have a ping tab available once the account is active. Not ? sure but think that’s how it works

Have you tried it on the app? I think they have a ping tab available once the account is active. Not ? sure but think that’s how it works

So, I have an Arccos app on my phone because McLovin' let me use his sensors last year for 2 months. I haven't used the app for nearly a year, but I just opened it and don't see anything.

I just ordered off eBay a set of ping promo tags. Got them a couple of days ago and paired them to my phone but I did NOT select the Ping tags - I just selected the standard Arccos caddie 14 tags. Seemed to work but I haven't played a round in them yet.

So if I cancel the subscription once I get the sensors, can they still be used?

So if I cancel the subscription once I get the sensors, can they still be used?
Yes they can be used without the Ping subscription.

You will not be able to use the sensors without some subscription, either through Ping or Arccos.

I ordered my free sensors from Ping this morning and I received my shipping notification this afternoon

You will not be able to use the sensors without some subscription, either through Ping or Arccos.
Are you saying the tags they ship for the ping promotion bare different than the tags you'd purchase separately?

Oh wait.

I think I misunderstood what you were saying. Though I was under they impression that the Arccos system could be used for free...it's their smart caddie system that they charge for?

Are you saying the tags they ship for the ping promotion bare different than the tags you'd purchase separately?

I am saying that to my knowledge, the sensors acquired through the purchase of a Ping club will not work unless linked to an account with Arccos, which requires a fee, after the initial trial period. It is the same with Cobra Connect.

I am saying that to my knowledge, the sensors acquired through the purchase of a Ping club will not work unless linked to an account with Arccos, which requires a fee, after the initial trial period. It is the same with Cobra Connect.

Damn. Hope that's not the case. I paired Ping tags as regular Arccos tags. I read that when you purchase the retail tags (Caddie system), you get the smart caddie with no annual fee. Ping, Cobra yes - there's I think a 90d free trial and then a whopping $99/year fee for their smart caddie. I just (probably mistakenly) assumed that shot tracking, analytics and what not was free in the system. I don't see how I would ever need a smart caddie to help me play.

IMO, that would be a huge disappointment in the Arccos system if that's how it works.

Oh wait.

I think I misunderstood what you were saying. Though I was under they impression that the Arccos system could be used for free...it's their smart caddie system that they charge for?
This is exactly what I’m wondering. I don’t pay a subscription to use Arccos and bought a set a few years ago. Is this something that gets grandfathered in or anytime you use the new sensors you have to subscribe?

This is exactly what I’m wondering. I don’t pay a subscription to use Arccos and bought a set a few years ago. Is this something that gets grandfathered in or anytime you use the new sensors you have to subscribe?
Pretty sure you bought the Tag set which bakes in a lifetime of smart caddie.

Worse case is I got the ping tags and basically have to fork out $100/year for system...

I'll find out Saturday after my first round with them.

used for the first time last night. Flawless would be my description. Recorded every shot including putts without any edits needed. Played 9 holes and my iPhone XR lost 3% of my battery charge. You read correctly, 3%. Easiest system I’ve ever used to track shot distance. App gives excellent feedback and analysis as well. The $99 annual cost looks better after seeing it in action.

Got mine in the mail today. One question. Is the all back sensor for the putter? I assume it is but want to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back