PING and Arccos Offer Free Sensors

Got mine in the mail today. One question. Is the all back sensor for the putter? I assume it is but want to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The app will tell you when you set them up.

Well that was a disaster. Tried using the app but gave up after 5 holes. It was spotty at best picking up my shots. Will try again tomorrow but I’m not sure what I did wrong. So far not looking too good.

I got these and have played 5 rounds so far with them. While it works fairly well, after 5 rounds I don’t know how much more this info is really going to help much.
It tracks usage and distance better than I thought. I do have to watch the putts and add or subtract one sometimes. When you have a penalty shot you also need to manipulate it a bit. I like the info it provides but don’t see it being that valuable long term really. I also don’t like the battery drain on my phone and having to mess with my phone while trying to golf.

Ok. I used it again today with much better results. Apparently it works better if you have your phone in your lead pocket. I’m a righty so I had it in my left pocket. Only a couple of missed shots but overall much much better.

used for the first time last night. Flawless would be my description. Recorded every shot including putts without any edits needed. Played 9 holes and my iPhone XR lost 3% of my battery charge. You read correctly, 3%. Easiest system I’ve ever used to track shot distance. App gives excellent feedback and analysis as well. The $99 annual cost looks better after seeing it in action.

How did you get yours to work? I installed and paired mine with no issues. Got to the course and started on hole 10 (didn't know how to get that set up right) so while it did register shots, nothing was showing up. I ended the round after 18 and started a new round on hole 1. Still the same thing. Wasn't showing any shots registered. Once I got home, I had a look had me at 4 shots, +0 score for the first 9 holes. Second round (front nine) had me at 21 shots, -8. It's registering something but obviously not working.

Do you need to advance the holes manually? I suspect not but it wasn't auto advancing for me.

Have played 3 rounds with these. Overall the system is pretty good. Have missed a couple of shots but no biggie since it is pretty easy to edit it. The one major problem I see is I cannot use a Bluetooth speaker while using the app. I have looked everywhere and as far as I can tell this is the case. I am not sure if I will continue since I like my tunes while I play.

Ok. I used it again today with much better results. Apparently it works better if you have your phone in your lead pocket. I’m a righty so I had it in my left pocket. Only a couple of missed shots but overall much much better.

I’ve been putting my phone in my left pocket and can’t stand how many shots it doesn’t pick up. But I’m a lefty so wonder if it makes a difference if I tried my right pocket?

I’ll try that this weekend but right now I wouldn’t be buying the $99 subscription based on how many shots it doesn’t pick up.

Have played 3 rounds with these. Overall the system is pretty good. Have missed a couple of shots but no biggie since it is pretty easy to edit it. The one major problem I see is I cannot use a Bluetooth speaker while using the app. I have looked everywhere and as far as I can tell this is the case. I am not sure if I will continue since I like my tunes while I play.

There has to be a way as I use my airpods when I play and it was working for me just fine for both music and the sensors.

I’ve been putting my phone in my left pocket and can’t stand how many shots it doesn’t pick up. But I’m a lefty so wonder if it makes a difference if I tried my right pocket?

I’ll try that this weekend but right now I wouldn’t be buying the $99 subscription based on how many shots it doesn’t pick up.
Yep will work much better in the right pocket for a leftie

Played a few rounds with them and honestly not a fan....

1) the data it provides is cool but not helpful. I have a good idea how far I hit clubs, and know what club to take when.

2) it misses shots around and on the green and bunkers

3) it adds a little length to the club. That requires you to choke down a bit. It feels off.

That being said, it’s cool to know at the end of a round how long I was off the tee and how I got green side hole by hole.

How did you get yours to work? I installed and paired mine with no issues. Got to the course and started on hole 10 (didn't know how to get that set up right) so while it did register shots, nothing was showing up. I ended the round after 18 and started a new round on hole 1. Still the same thing. Wasn't showing any shots registered. Once I got home, I had a look had me at 4 shots, +0 score for the first 9 holes. Second round (front nine) had me at 21 shots, -8. It's registering something but obviously not working.

Do you need to advance the holes manually? I suspect not but it wasn't auto advancing for me.
Sorry for the delayed response - just saw this post.
I simply started the app, chose my starting hole (#1), put phone in front pocket and played. Never touched a thing until I got off course.
I did carefully read the tips and tricks before playing and followed recommendations re: pausing over putts, carrying clubs grip down etc...
My experience was flawless.

I was only able to use these a few times. I'm intrigued but not yet sold. There are playing quirks like missed putts, extra putts, and confusing (for me at least) to navigate screens when I need to fix something. I also find gripping the club awkward. I like to grip at the end and find myself gripping the sensor. I suspect I will adapt with time. I will give Arccos a more thorough test starting next spring. Fun promotion. Thanks Ping and Arccos.

Got mine installed and sync'd, well all but 1. Haven't had a chance to play with them, but looking forward to it!

Sorry for the delayed response - just saw this post.
I simply started the app, chose my starting hole (#1), put phone in front pocket and played. Never touched a thing until I got off course.
I did carefully read the tips and tricks before playing and followed recommendations re: pausing over putts, carrying clubs grip down etc...
My experience was flawless.
No worries. I figured it out. I had location services (GPS) enabled only when the all is active. Had to set it to enabled all the time and now the device and tags work great. Kills my battery though.

So it matters which pocket you put your phone in. I was missing alot of shots when I had my phone in my left pocket, but since switching to my right pocket, it's not missing many shots. I'm a lefty.

Reviewing shots from my round yesterday and knew I had used my Pitching wedge on the last hole, yet the app didn't track it. Took a look at the club and it's lost the sensor part of the attachment. :dohanim:

This happen to anyone else? Hoping it's in the bottom of my bag and not just lost on the course.

7D4A928D-1D5E-4396-8D21-03CFF38C51CC.jpeg

Reviewing shots from my round yesterday and knew I had used my Pitching wedge on the last hole, yet the app didn't track it. Took a look at the club and it's lost the sensor part of the attachment. :dohanim:

This happen to anyone else? Hoping it's in the bottom of my bag and not just lost on the course.

View attachment 8918097
Seen it before. Email starter@arccosgolf.com and they will send you a new one.

Arccos is great with responding to my message about the sensor that fell off. REply came in this morning which is a great turn around.

I am now in 5 rounds with the sensors and I do like the stats that they provide. It is a pretty seamless experience aside from duffed shots that aren't a true representation of the score at the end of the round. I try to remember each of my shots on the course and when I duff a chip, the sensors don't pick that up so I add penalty strokes afterwards. I will have to maybe look in the app and see if there is a way to turn that off, if that is possible.

Couple questions about this - just got some Ping tags via a set of stealth wedges (arriving in the mail soon). Went through the requisite steps to sign up and enter credit card info in Arccos. Question i have is...do I get billed, if I don't cancel, 90days AFTER I pair the tags or from entering in my credit card info? What if I never pair the tags (sell them)?

I found of the Arccos site that to cancel, I have to email/call in.
Is that the only way to cancel?

thanks.

Arccos is great with responding to my message about the sensor that fell off. REply came in this morning which is a great turn around.

I am now in 5 rounds with the sensors and I do like the stats that they provide. It is a pretty seamless experience aside from duffed shots that aren't a true representation of the score at the end of the round. I try to remember each of my shots on the course and when I duff a chip, the sensors don't pick that up so I add penalty strokes afterwards. I will have to maybe look in the app and see if there is a way to turn that off, if that is possible.

Why add penalty strokes? Wouldn't you just add a shot with the club that it didn't pick up?

So I received an email recently from Arccos extending this Arccos/Ping Caddie Free Trial period to April 15th. Smart of them because I would have probably not spent the $99 at this time seeing that it's winter. I didn't ask for any extension so a nice surprise from them.

Not very impressed after the first round. Lots of dropped shots, inaccurate map information, e.t.c. at one point it had me -18 when I was closer to +18. :( Definitely won't be be spending there money if it's no better than that.

Back