PING Blueprint Irons Lineup

To be honest when I first saw the 3 iron I was a bit surprised at the amount of offset, but at address it helps frame the ball and is not so noticeable imo. I actually wouldn’t mind a little less progression through the set, giving the short irons just a tad more offset.

As someone who grew up playing blades that had noticeably more offset then what you generally see in players irons today, it was one of the reasons why I pulled the trigger on them. Not many blades or player irons today that don’t feature “minimal offset” in their description.
It is not so much the amount. It’s the shape..

View attachment 9242034

There you go on the 7. Changes a little as they progress and the bottom right picture doesn't do justice to how much slimmer the BP sole is.
@OldandStiff Do you have any pictures of the Apex CB vs Blueprint S? I'm down to these 2 and the final decision comes down to top line and sole configuration (bounce/width). Really enjoy all your pics and info you've shared.

Really liking what I’m seeing out of these so far, and itching to get them out on real grass. I love the profile, the long irons launch high and easy, and the gapping seems to be really consistent. I could have spent all day at the sim spot today just swinging these.

I finally got to hit mine for 9 holes as I did hit them a week before on the range. I played at a Country which I never have played well as its never a flat lie very challenging as it's a course I usually only play 3 times a year. I couldn't believe it but I shot a 36 even par as I very rarely break 40. I was not expecting to have played so well as the ball flight holds its line very good nothing ballooning and very consistent. I find my BPS just as forgiving and easy to hit as were my Mizuno JPX 923 HMP's. I'm not convinced if they are as long as the 923's or even my PXG Gen 4 0311XP that I once played but the feel is amazing as I never hit a PING that felt this nice. Then I hear how much better the BPT's are but I don't have the game for them. The forgiveness is beyond what I ever imagined for an iron that is so compact compared to what I have played in the past.
I know these may not be for everyone and there may be something out there that be better but I don't see how PING keeps coming up with so many different irons that can fit any golfer out there regardless of their handi cap

Really liking what I’m seeing out of these so far, and itching to get them out on real grass. I love the profile, the long irons launch high and easy, and the gapping seems to be really consistent. I could have spent all day at the sim spot today just swinging these.
I think you’ll like them even more off the real stuff. I finally got to test my set the other day off grass. The sole and bounce design worked great for me, cut through the turf effortlessly with a nice shallow divot. They definitely have no issue launching the ball, seeing it in person was glorious.

Yes absolutely hitting them during a demo of the matts was a nice experience but the real excitement and joy is hitting them off grass as they glide easily through the turf as the long irons performed just as nice for me, very pleased

I think you’ll like them even more off the real stuff. I finally got to test my set the other day off grass. The sole and bounce design worked great for me, cut through the turf effortlessly with a nice shallow divot. They definitely have no issue launching the ball, seeing it in person was glorious.
Getting antsy, but I’m hopeful maybe only 1-2 more weeks for us up here. Winter is long enough as it is, it seems even longer with a bag full of shiny new toys.

Getting antsy, but I’m hopeful maybe only 1-2 more weeks for us up here. Winter is long enough as it is, it seems even longer with a bag full of shiny new toys.
Snow must almost be gone in Edmonton? I’m really hoping we can avoid more snow over the next month

Snow must almost be gone in Edmonton? I’m really hoping we can avoid more snow over the next month
We got one of those early spring false fronts, and then a big dump and a week or two of cold again. Back on warmer temps and the soup sandwich conditions here, but driving ranges are starting to open up. Forecast is calling for snow Tuesday-Friday and I’m hoping the weatherman is a liar 😂

Reactions: MH

5 iron showing some strike forgiveness on that one.

And control continues to just be amazingly good.

I've tickled the pin more with these than any club in a while, and it's still early.

We got one of those early spring false fronts, and then a big dump and a week or two of cold again. Back on warmer temps and the soup sandwich conditions here, but driving ranges are starting to open up. Forecast is calling for snow Tuesday-Friday and I’m hoping the weatherman is a liar 😂
Pretty much the same here except no driving ranges open

5 iron showing some strike forgiveness on that one.

And control continues to just be amazingly good.

I've tickled the pin more with these than any club in a while, and it's still early.

Hitting these tomorrow, if they have my shaft I have a feeling Ill be lighter in the pocket

Really nice range session with these today, off mats but I’ll take just being outside any day. Sort of knew what to expect off seeing flights on the monitor the past few weeks, but I love what I’m seeing out of these - the decision to try the Orange dot seems to be a good one for me, the little draw I like to play just seems effortless to coax out of these. Still getting used to the firmer feel compared to my other “players” set, might take some time but I think I’m gonna have some good rounds with these in the bag.

The BluePrint T's and BluePrint S; for me they feel a lot 'crisper' than 2023 T-100's and for some reason I can hit them a lot easier. Also distance is fairly spot. The BluePrint T's have a very satisfying thwack in comparison to Mizuno 241- which feels a bit softer.

The BluePrint T's are crazy forgiving imo. The shafts that works for me are Modus 105S - getting my ballspeed near 110 -115 with a flyer near 120; carry being 150 - 160 with a 7 iron.

Also, in case anyone was wondering I'm 6'0 with 37wrist to floor, and got the white dot, made a huge difference during my fitting session (was really cool seeing the balls head toward the center on the simulator).

Funny enough, my first fitting was for T-150s with Project X IO 6.0 shafts all standard (no loft adjustments, no length adjustments) - and I hit those clubs horribly the next go around with a different fitter, and I'm so much more consistent with Ping BluePrint T's of all clubs.

Thats an awesome report as I hear so much about the S and to hear that the T's are crazy forgiving is not a surprise as they must play as good as they look and I do like the looks better than the S but for me I'm coming from GI irons to the BPS so I didn't want too go to compact in an iron. Glad you like the T's as they are some beautiful looking irons

Last edited:
Thats an awesome report as I hear so much about the S and to hear that the T's are crazy forgiving is not a surprise as they must play as good as they look and I do like the looks better than the S but for me I'm coming from GI irons to the BPS so I didn't want to go to compact in an iron. Glad you like the T's as they are some beautiful looking irons
Well that’s rad you are getting the BTS!

They are even more forgiving and very similar in size actually from my view. i also liked them more than the Mizuno 243 which felt a bit more dull and less crisp on impact for me. I hit the BPS very well for how my inconsistent swing works and my fitter was going to recommend those to me, but I just like the look of the BPTs too much and had to go the combo set.

One thing with Ping customer service I will add, is that when you call in with questions, they are very helpful and take their time with recommendations.

I’m really enjoying these, and this weather situation is driving me a little nuts. Despite bringing a less than stellar swing last night, I was able to get some decent results out of my iron play, and I’m pretty surprised on how forgiving these things are. I can understand why the heel notch is a little polarizing, but it’s really starting to grow on me - it looks clean without it on the demo heads, but it just sort of “fits” in the complete package. I dig the shape, I dig the feel, and I can’t wait to get some battle scars on them this year.

I have always liked the heel notch for some reason. I’m scared to try these out as I know I will want a set and at the end of the day what I have is somewhat similar

Last edited:
I have always like the heel notch for some reason. I’m scared to try these out as I know I will want a set and at the end of the day what I have is somewhat similar
Nickelodeon Trying GIF by Paramount+

I got to hold some at GG today. Dang they are small and attractive!!! I’m barely good enough for my i59’s the new Blueprints are off the charts!

I am in the market for some new irons and going to get set up for a fitting. I really like the looks of the blueprints and want to give them a try but damn they are proud of them. Going to try TM p7mc, Srixon zx7 mkii, and blueprint s. Might get a mixed set of cb and mb irons. These pings look so damn good!! Rave reviews but expensive!!! Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the market for some new irons and going to get set up for a fitting. I really like the looks of the blueprints and want to give them a try but damn they are proud of them. Going to try TM p7mc, Srixon zx7 mkii, and blueprint s. Might get a mixed set of cb and mb irons. These pings look so damn good!! Rave reviews but expensive!!! Time will tell.

I just got a set p7mc in the mail today. They look so much better in person. The blueprint S could have a contender based off the look of the sole of the MC looking more like I like.

I just got a set p7mc in the mail today. They look so much better in person. The blueprint S could have a contender based off the look of the sole of the MC looking more like I like.

Those p7mc’s are some great looking irons. I currently play 790’s. Before that ping i20’s. When I go to my fitting I’m going with an open mind and leave with whatever feels the best. Good luck with your new mc’s

Those were 3 of the options I tried at my recent fitting and none of them could quite top the Blueprints. I like these an awful lot, from the shaping, to the finish, and the spin 😍.

First round of the year is booked for Sunday, and I am excited to take these out for a test flight. I swapped to a Z-Star XV for tonight’s sim round, and I might be persuaded to keep this combo going forward. High, soft draws all night, and I absolutely hammered a couple of long irons that made me chuckle a bit. Such a solid feel through the ball, and a lot more forgiving than I thought they would be.

Back