PING G Crossover Preview

Definitely would want to try it out. I prefer an iron style head.

These are interesting looking irons.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

These look nice!

I demo'd the Ping G Crossover this weekend... it was the 4 iron.
It looks really cool, and I actually liked the shape and color of the club.
But, I could not get it up in the air! It was just one of those clubs I could not get used to and it seemed like the sole just bounced off the mat every time.
Wanted to like it, but not for me. At least until I have another chance to try it outside.

I've hit this a couple times and had a similar problem getting consistent flight with it. It was much better today but I don't know if it's a club I am really considering for that slot. I know it is much more operator error then a bad club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've hit this a couple times and had a similar problem getting consistent flight with it. It was much better today but I don't know if it's a club I am really considering for that slot. I know it is much more operator error then a bad club.

Good God...I hit the 4 Crossover and hated it. Like some of you said, it had so much promise and I was sooo psyched to hit it.

Then I did...

And I'm a Ping man so much so that this weekend I'm having the Pingman tattood on my leg...and I still hated it.

I hit the first two off the map to the right, the next 2 off the map to the left. Club felt horrible and sounded clicky... one of the worst feeling and sounding clubs I have ever hit. I was bummed!!! I could have gotten used to the looks no problem. I will try it again at our demo day in spring but for now, I have nothing good to say. On the ohter hand, the Callaway driving irons are a complete 360 to the Crossover.

Funny - goes to show how personal the game is. I hit the 4 today and absolutely fell in love with it. Leaked a few right, but was otherwise just piping the ball down the middle. 195ish carry, which slots on just about perfectly at that 4i spot in my bag.

It definitely flies lower and with a bit more spin than a hybrid but was easier to elevate than driving irons I've tried. The best comparison I have is my JPX fli hi.

I have hit the 3 crossover multiple times and I definitely liked what I hit. Seriously considering making the purchase on this, just want to hit it outside a couple more times

Spent some time with the 18 deg in stock stiff. 208 avg carry on gc2. Nice mid ball flight but I could elevate when wanted. I gamed g20 3h hybrids so I actually like the look at setup but I get similar yardage from my reshafted xr 22deg so I won't be picking one up.

I hit one of these the other day and absolutely loved it. I can't hit a hybrid to save my life. I think it is something mental that won't allow me to swing something that looks like a fairway wood like I would swing an iron. I hit the Crossover really well, though. I'll have to get a used one in about 3 years when prices come down to my range.

Any draw or fade bias in these?

I hit the 4 with stiff graphite yesterday and had a nice baby draw, but that's my shot. Piercing flight, stupid easy to hit. I'm seriously considering bagging one.

These are on the way to THP HQ for review.

These are very intriguing.

I really liked the look of this club and as much as I wanted to hit it, I couldn't get the height on it I would need to put it in the bag. Hit the 4 today and pulled it left. I'm sure it was me more than the club. Carried 185 to the left. Normally I'd be fine with this but I hit the 22 degree 4H 205 carry. So I guess I'll stick with the hybrid.

Gave it another go in the sim again after reading how it seems like everyone here other than me likes it.

Still no. it feels friggin terrible... and sounds bad too, maybe the hollow body construction? Ball goes everywhere and it is funny how low spinning it is. I'll be on a mission this spring at our big demo day to try my best to get one to work.

In for review
62b5cf104ac047192999d6d41a88c359.jpg

d726db33c025c5283a0a7e1de2eb06a9.jpg

so interested to see the review of that. I'm not sure I get it, you know the inventing a category that might not need it. But it looked rather good in hand.

so interested to see the review of that. I'm not sure I get it, you know the inventing a category that might not need it. But it looked rather good in hand.

It looks really good in hand. It sounds, hmmm. Let me see the best way to describe it. Maybe thing of the G30 Driver and shrink it down to this size.

Looking forward to this one. I'm with ddec. Not sure why it's revolutionary

It's actually a category I've been itching for. Aside from my SLDR mini, I can't hit anything that remotely looks like a wood. I hit this really well. It gives me the benefits of a hybrid in the look of an iron.

It's actually a category I've been itching for. Aside from my SLDR mini, I can't hit anything that remotely looks like a wood. I hit this really well. It gives me the benefits of a hybrid in the look of an iron.

But there are hybrid style clubs out there that look more predominately like an iron. Callaway UT is one that immediately jumps in my mind. I guess I just don't see it as anything completely new. Perhaps I'm missing the boat, and that's fine. I'll get some time in with it soon enough to see how it fares for me.

This got some good reviews from Mark Crossfield, Rick Shiels, and Peter Finch. I'm very intrigued

Can't wait to get out to Carl's to try one of these. I have heard nothing but good things from my buddies that have tried them.

But there are hybrid style clubs out there that look more predominately like an iron. Callaway UT is one that immediately jumps in my mind. I guess I just don't see it as anything completely new. Perhaps I'm missing the boat, and that's fine. I'll get some time in with it soon enough to see how it fares for me.

FWIW, I agree with your take. To me, all of these utility irons REALLY feel like companies are having one to cover bases and be able to offer one.

But, thats just me.

Back