PING G410 Hybrid Review

Bumping this one for @leftshot

Would love to hear your experience! Still one of the best hybrids I’ve ever hit.

Recently picked up a 4 crossover, somewhat out of curiosity, but was also struggling a bit with the hybrid.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the crossover. I hit it well, 210 yards and straight off the tee. I have used it on several right par 5’s and some shorter par 4’s.
the G410 4 hybrid may have lost its spot in the bag!

Bumping this one for @leftshot

Would love to hear your experience! Still one of the best hybrids I’ve ever hit.
Comply.

I went to Club Champion about 3 weeks ago for a hybrid fitting. I'm a true brand agnostic player. Looks doesn't matter, brand doesn't matter. It's all about performance to me. A few other things you might want to know is my driver SS is mid-90s and my ball striking is very consistent. I like to shape shots, especially with approach shots.

I ended up getting fit for a Ping G410 with the Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 75 Regular shaft. That's the second time I've been fitted for that exact shaft. I tried a lot of heads and shafts and the whole session was a really good collaboration. I've learned a lot about understanding and analyzing launch monitor data and am very aware of what I've done on any given swing. So, we got on this cadance where I'd tell Josh what shot I was going to hit, then let him know whether I did so, and if not what happened, then we'd confirm it with the launch monitor data.

We eventually got down to two heads. The Mavrik 18-degree was the other finalist. Like so many of the Mavrik reviewers on THP, I had a smash factor right around 1.50 with that head. That is so unusual for a hybrid. Very consistent and even at 18 degrees the ball launched higher than you would expect producing an angle of descent consistently above 40 degrees, even on a straight shot. A fade is easy to increase that by 8-10 degrees. This makes it very easy to hold greens.

However, the Ping G410 head was even hotter! My first swing with it had a smash factor of 1.48. After that I didn't have a swing below 1.50 and 1.52 was most common. This gave me 5-10 additional yards on straight shots. This gives me additional range at the top end vs. the Mavrik.

The Ping G410 gave me a greater range of possibilities. The Mavrik insists on a higher shot and angle of descent above 40 degrees. With the G410 I can hit a fade with an angle of descent of 48-50 degrees, which is great for holding greens. But I can also hit a tight draw with a 30 degree angle of descent and run it up with 15-20 additional total yards. This really covers the whole gap on long approach shots between my 4-iron and fairway metal.

I found my hybrid! It's being built right now. I should have it in a week or two.

Love my g410 19* hybrid! Tried with the stiff Alta but it was a little short and spinny. Threw in a Tensei Blue tx shaft and it is perfect! Launches high off the deck or off a tee and is the straightest, most consistent hybrid I’ve ever swung. Did set it flat to keep it straight or with a slight fade.

I carry four G410 hybrids. 17,22,26 and 30 degrees with Tensei Blue in R flex. Hit them high, long and straight! And I don't carry any iron over a 7 and zero fairway woods.

How is the gapping between 30 degree hybrid and similar loft 7 iron

I can’t answer for him. But my experience with 30/31* hybrids is that they usually go the same distance for me as say a 26/27* 6i but fly higher and land more steeply.

My issue is the added shaft length on the hybrid plus being graphite tended to make them more erratic than a 6i. So the 6i always stayed in the bag.

Anyone ever try the Even Flow Black 85 hybrid shaft in these? Curious to know of the experience with it.

Anyone ever try the Even Flow Black 85 hybrid shaft in these? Curious to know of the experience with it.

Was fit to it. Liked it, ordered it, and now waiting on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was fit to it. Liked it, ordered it, and now waiting on it

did you try it in comparison to the Alta? I’ve got the 5.5 75 for driver but decided on using a 5.5 65 instead and thinking about cutting the 75 to go in my 3w.

The 85 in my 2 hybrids would then flow right into my Recoil shafts in my irons. The feel in my EF driver makes a noticeable stability difference compared to the Alta shafts. I’m just slightly concerned about the launch in the hybrids since those are a turf club for me.

did you try it in comparison to the Alta? I’ve got the 5.5 75 for driver but decided on using a 5.5 65 instead and thinking about cutting the 75 to go in my 3w.

The 85 in my 2 hybrids would then flow right into my Recoil shafts in my irons. The feel in my EF driver makes a noticeable stability difference compared to the Alta shafts. I’m just slightly concerned about the launch in the hybrids since those are a turf club for me.

I only swung the Alta a few times. Tried it in driver, fairway, and driver. Felt like a noodle in each one. I went 6.0 in the 75 in the fairway and driver then 6.0 in the 85 for hybrid

I have played a g410 3 hy with the alta 85 X shaft most of this year. I like to use it to hit bullet fades into par 5’s or off the tee on a couple par 4’s where driver is forbidden. When I focus on a steeper compression I can spin it into a higher flight, but those lower fades are too much fun and easy to control. I can turn it over right to left, and unlike some hybrids I don’t have to fight the lefts. Good club. I am not super fond of the alta shaft but it gets the job done. One of these days I am going to grab a g410 4 hy. I would like to explore some shaft options before I do that.

Great question! I am struggling with that issue as we speak! I play Ping G irons and the 7 is lofted at 30.5*. I am really considering removing the hybrid in favor of the 7, but if I really 'step on' the hybrid I can hit it farther than the 7 with the same swing!

Hit my new 4h today. Got it turned down to 20.5 with the PX Even Flow in it. Each shot was between 200 and 210. I reached the same par 5 in 2 with it twice today. This hole is long and I have never sniffed it in two.

Figured I'd bump this rather than starting a new thread...

I hit the G425 that the rando guy I was playing with had today. Wondering how different the 410 is because, well, I'm cheap.

Figured I'd bump this rather than starting a new thread...

I hit the G425 that the rando guy I was playing with had today. Wondering how different the 410 is because, well, I'm cheap.
When all the you tubers tested them side by side pretty much like every new iteration, the newer one was slightly lower spin which gave it a couple more yards. Like most clubs these days it will come down to fit.

For me the g410 was a non starter as I don’t like the red accents. So it was 425 for me all day with the neutral colorway.

Reactions: Bus
Back