PING G410 Plus LST Driver

KEV;n8901604 said:
That's so last year though. You know you want the newest technology.

But I also want the older sound hahaha

The standard Plus sounded like poopy to me, where the 400 line was badassssssss

Reactions: KEV
Jman;n8901608 said:
But I also want the older sound hahaha

The standard Plus sounded like poopy to me, where the 400 line was badassssssss

Nothing a little hotmelt can't help right?

You're right though, the 400 line had sound dialed in.

Mach2;n8900129 said:
Last week I was in Golf Galaxy looking at the G410 LST driver. Had a G400 LST driver awhile back, but can't remember why I switched to the Cleveland Launcher driver I'm playing now. Went into a bay to see the results using a few different shafts with a 9* head. Settled on the Ping Alta CB Red 55 gram regular shaft. Just about walked out of the hitting bay but asked the person I was working with if I could hit a few with the same Alta CB Red 55 gram SR (soft regular) shaft. Sure glad I did. I hit 7 drives with that shaft and the dispersion was 10 yds, and slightly longer than the regular shaft. Ordered it that day with 1 extra wrap under the grip, 1" short (44.75") and the 9* head. Received it Tuesday, man that was a quick delivery, and played it today. Hit the Cleveland driver on the first hole, a tight par 4, then on the second hole, a wide open par 5, I hit the 1st drive with the Ping. Good swing and center impact. Great impact whack sound, great feel, dead straight and to a point on the fairway where I seldom get with the Cleveland. 13 par 4's and par 5's later, 12 fairways hit, pretty much center fairways, and one drive that I didn't aim well and went into the left 1st cut of the rough. I am very happy with this combo, love the SR shaft and look forward to more golf with this driver.

Glad this worked out so well for you! Just curious - what's your swing speed?

Just got fit for this driver a couple of weeks ago. best distance and spin numbers were with the stock regular Alta 55 shaft. Mishits are in the 235 - 240 range. Center strikes are 250 to 270. Zero slices or hooks for me. If I miss, it's a push or a pull, but with zero side spin. Very pleased to say the least.

Grins;n8901848 said:
Glad this worked out so well for you! Just curious - what's your swing speed?

85 mph.

I am having to avoid this like the plague, because I know if I hit it then I will buy it. And I can't be buying anymore clubs. I just can't!

There is always the trade in option Pal! :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh snap...

This driver/shaft combo is just silly good with my driver swing and club head speed (85 mph). 4 rounds now with an average of 12 fairways hit, most in the middle. I truly have never played a driver that performs as this one does, never. Played around with a few shafts at Golf Galaxy when I was contemplating buying one. Thought the Alta CB 55 reg shaft was it, then I hit the Alta CB 55 SR (soft regular). Hit 7 drives on the monitor with this shaft with a dispersion of 10 yds and distance was also within 10 yds. That is what I ordered, 9* head, Alta CB 55 SR shaft 1" short (44.75"), 1 extra wrap under the grip. Now to change my sig.

HarlettoScara;n8903328 said:
I am having to avoid this like the plague, because I know if I hit it then I will buy it. And I can't be buying anymore clubs. I just can't!

I made the mistake of trying this driver at our local Ping demo days. Next thing I know is I’m the proud owner of a 410 plus with the Tensei orange shaft and explaining to the wife why I had to have a new driver after buying a new driver six months prior. Driver fit me so good I left a manufacture that I’ve used for 5 years and have never looked back...

went to hit this and the 410 plus yesterday....WOW!!! the LST really impressed me. I didn't have my best swing yesterday, but the numbers the LST put up were amazing. in over 30 swings the backspin didnt get over 3000. I had plenty of push fades along with heel strikes that kept flying. What stood out most to me was the overall face seemed forgiving in the ball speed department. I definitely struck the ball all over the face and carry numbers were very consistent within 15 yards of each other. There were some terrible strikes yesterday that shouldn't have gone as far as what I expected, but the LST kept the spin low and the ball still flew out there

swing was off but I think some of that for me personally was I play my driver between 44.5 - 44.75. I noticed the length of the club right away during my swings and think that contributed to my awful strike pattern..... but to average 14* launch and 2270 spin with 268 carry, I can't complain. accuracy was off but I think with a shaft more fit for me and to the length I prefer I would find a lot of success with this!!! Now I'm really intrigued and wish it wasn't the end of the golf season

Requested my PX event tester shaft for this club....

Please give us your usual detailed report Jman after you work out that shaft!

duker51;n8906550 said:
Please give us your usual detailed report Jman after you work out that shaft!

Haha, I can handle that!

It’s heeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrreeeeee!

and tester shaft from PX gets here Monday, let’s goooooo!

I cannot wait to inundate this thread with thoughts. Reality is, PING drivers and I just get along well. I'm OK with that reality.

Hit the LST today for the first time. Pretty solid and stupid long. But I was a little more wayward with it than I was with the TS4 I hit right before the Ping. Still felt really good though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Course bound today! Won't have tester in it today, but will be fun to get a baseline with the stock shaft.

I need some more time with the LST. I hit probably 7 or 8 balls with it, and it felt great. But I I think with a little tweaking it could be really nice.

I think I'm gonna sign up for a driver fitting at Club Champion when I get home.

Holy **** the LST sounds way better than the standard 410 Plus.

I know there are a great many who don't care for PING drivers, but man, they work for me. The 400 Max took over the bag for a full season and it took me long enough to try this one as I tried every driver BUT the 410 LST, but this might do the same.

Numbers are silly.

Forgiveness for low spin is silly.

The LST also sounds 1,000 times better than the Plus, how in the hell they sound so different I will never understand.

I haven't hit the plus yet. But I agree the LST sounds and feels great. Numbers for me were right there with the ts4 and EF sz I was testing.

I'm flying home tomorrow, and booking a driver fitting through Club Champion for next week. I need to once and for all get the driver figured out rather than keep wasting money buying everything on the market looking for "the one."

I haven't hit the plus yet. But I agree the LST sounds and feels great. Numbers for me were right there with the ts4 and EF sz I was testing.

I hit the Plus in FL when the writers were down at HQ and it didn't get hit beyond the range for me, the sound was just way too G30, and not enough G400.

This though? Sounds/feels awesome, to me.

Yeah I'm bored as hell out here. Today's LST testing. These Roger Dunn guys can't wait for me to board that plane and go home.

LST 9* with EvenFlow Black 75 6.5. Pretty sure the last one was some sort of misread. lol
33fca2c8413cdd987280b47252772706.jpg

Last edited:
This driver is what I wanted the Flash SZ to be. Low spin, still launches well, but with a damn good sound.

I hit this ridiculously well again today. Need to update the PX thread again in the morning, but the launch and spin I’m seeing here, look out.

Back