PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

Well I tried tried mine with the Canadian autoflex which my swing is not smooth enough for but I put in a tz6 today. Hit a lot of nice drives even though I'm still swiping at the ball. Great combo for me.

Well I tried tried mine with the Canadian autoflex which my swing is not smooth enough for but I put in a tz6 today. Hit a lot of nice drives even though I'm still swiping at the ball. Great combo for me.

Canadian Autoflex?

I have not heard of that.

What is it? A knockoff of the real one or something?

Canadian Autoflex?

I have not heard of that.

What is it? A knockoff of the real one or something?
It's a legit shaft by Accra fx 3.0 140 m0.

Might just be my gonky right wrist, but I seem to have a hard time getting the face closed sometimes with it. No an issue with my G430 Max. I'm not hitting huge slices or anything, but I can get little bleeders even when trying to hit a baby draw.

Might just be my gonky right wrist, but I seem to have a hard time getting the face closed sometimes with it. No an issue with my G430 Max. I'm not hitting huge slices or anything, but I can get little bleeders even when trying to hit a baby draw.

From reading over the years, since 1995, and the development of large head drivers, I think the large profile heads can cause a closing issue for some people. You might look at your grip and strengthen it slightly (slightly) to see if that helps and/or check ball position.

Edit - try one solution at a time to see any effect. Check your grip. See if it needs a slight strengthening. If not, try ball position.

Last edited:
It’s a very real thing with the 10K drivers for some, something we talked to a lot of R&D guys about .

It’s a very real thing with the 10K drivers for some, something we talked to a lot of R&D guys about .
I have seen some of this on course also. Could be a good thing for people that battle pulls and hooks.

I might try putting some lead tape on the heel side. I'm just starting the season though so going to get more reps in before I decide.

Mine arrived Friday afternoon. First ordered with the proforce v2 shaft but after a week and no shipping updates I called 2nd Swing and changed to the in stock Hzrdus red Rdx 50g. Was hesitant on the 50g because I usually play a 60g but if it gets it here quicker let’s go! I have 60g options I can Ping tip and put in later. 18 holes walked with it Friday evening. It’s no longer than any other driver Ive hit well so there were no 10-15 yard gains but what I did see was stability. It found fairways and when it didn’t it was my fault, mostly setup with faced closed and hit low heely pulls when that happened. It was windy and some drives were into gusts and it still got out 220-225 and I was impressed with that too. The head feels heavier which I really like because I can feel it in the swing and paired with the 50g shaft it felt just right. I may put a 60g together later just to experiment but I’m in no hurry since this one feels so good. I’ve been playing a Stealth2 and a TSR2 but the TSR2 is getting ready to hit the trail and the Stealth2 will be a back up.

I took the 10K to the THP WWGC event at Briggs Ranch this week. It was absolutely rock solid. I'm not gonna lie, there are butterflies being the first group out in a THP even with the entire group watching you tee off. @KY Golfer took the pressure off by putting one in the fairway. I was able to take a smooth swing and put one out there as well...and then try to get my heart rate back down.

We played about 70 holes of golf in 3 days. I had a few squirrelly swings that were more user error than the club.

Purchased a use one yesterday if weather here holds will be teeing off at 330 will be excited to use it and see what magic I can drum up. Been practicing different things the last few days with my irons and driver. I am hoping they translate over to the fairway and tee box

Purchased a used one yesterday if weather here holds will be teeing off at 330 will be excited to use it and see what magic I can drum up. Been practicing different things the last few days with my irons and driver. I am hoping they translate over to the fairway and tee box

Wow!

There are used 430 10K's on the market already?

Amazing (that someone would spend that much money on a driver just to turn around and trade it in so soon for much less cash).

Good find for you, though. (y)

Wow!

There are used 430 10K's on the market already?

Amazing (that someone would spend that much money on a driver just to turn around and trade it in so soon for much less cash).

Good find for you, though. (y)
399.99 at pga superstore

IMG_2002.jpegIMG_2007.jpeg

How's the spin? I seem to struggle with having too much with some drivers.
I would say spin sits in the mid-low range. Neither too high nor too low.

Well due to the restriction of the sim area I was in I didn’t feel like I was able to swing fully. Next weekend I’m playing golf.

Most reviews speak to this driver as being best of 2024. Haven't been able to find one to test though.

Dang!

That's a bargain!

I'll have to stop in more often at my PGA Superstore, just in case. 😁
I was shocked my self that’s why I nabbed it. I was looking at Paradym for much more.

Just upgraded to the G430 Max 10k from a Cobra Radspeed XB. All I can say is wow. I’ve never experienced such an improvement in a club upgrade. The Radspeed XB was a pretty well regarded driver but the 10k buries it alive for me. It’s just automatic and what I love about it despite being the most forgiving driver ever it’s not high spin and if anything slightly fade biased which suits me perfectly as miss is a pull. I’ve never been more confident off the tee and you can just let rip with this club. My playing partners are shocked with how incredible this driver is. I’m an 8 handicap. Swing speed approx 105 mph (short backswing, steep AOA for reference) but can launch this high and straight. The ping Chrome 2.0 65x is a great shaft as well (waiting for my fitted VA Drago 55 S shaft to be fitted with ping adapter) but might not need it. I’m in love with club. I’ve wasted a lot of money buying clubs off facebook etc for fun but this club has been the greatest investment ever.

Just upgraded to the G430 Max 10k from a Cobra Radspeed XB. All I can say is wow. I’ve never experienced such an improvement in a club upgrade. The Radspeed XB was a pretty well regarded driver but the 10k buries it alive for me. It’s just automatic and what I love about it despite being the most forgiving driver ever it’s not high spin and if anything slightly fade biased which suits me perfectly as miss is a pull. I’ve never been more confident off the tee and you can just let rip with this club. My playing partners are shocked with how incredible this driver is. I’m an 8 handicap. Swing speed approx 105 mph (short backswing, steep AOA for reference) but can launch this high and straight. The ping Chrome 2.0 65x is a great shaft as well (waiting for my fitted VA Drago 55 S shaft to be fitted with ping adapter) but might not need it. I’m in love with club. I’ve wasted a lot of money buying clubs off facebook etc for fun but this club has been the greatest investment ever.

Great review.

Looks like you've found a keeper! (y)

Tinkering with this one and can verify it’s a really great stable driver. Works great when I’m swinging good. It’s a tremendous driver for those who don’t guide with their hands in the swing, and what I mean by that is I doubt Bubba would use it as he uses his hand to manufacturer shots where the length heel to toe and MOI of this head allows that to be less of a ability in the swing. If your swing per say puts you into you proper position vs hands this thing flat out performs but if you save shots by manipulating your hands something you can turn over easier may be of more help.

I've had another round in and great results on the course where it counts. Still in the getting familiar with it stage.

Back