PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

Assuming 1.5 smash factor you need to be around 106-107 mph SS
So probably 108-110 as how often are strikes 1.5. That’s youth and really good golfers

So probably 108-110 as how often are strikes 1.5. That’s youth and really good golfers
According to the USGA and their distance-phobia, it’s almost everyone 😜🤣

Too soon?

According to the USGA and their distance-phobia, it’s almost everyone 😜🤣

Too soon?
What I hate is when I see a youtuber and their swing speed is > then my ball speed (which usually tops out at 130-131 mph these days.
I saw Mattie Bloise the other day take a swing with a backswing about waist high if that (speed drill tip he was showing) with a 7i and he still swung the club at 90 mph.

What I hate is when I see a youtuber and their swing speed is > then my ball speed (which usually tops out at 130-131 mph these days.
I saw Mattie Bloise the other day take a swing with a backswing about waist high if that (speed drill tip he was showing) with a 7i and he still swung the club at 90 mph.
That is the reason why I have a handful of guys I’ll watch for reviews. You get the beast opinion and how the club works for Matt. You might pretty much match up with Rick Shiels or Michael Newton’s swing numbers and relate to them and compare their opinions to yourself. Or you find the Average Golfer with lower numbers and see what he thinks.

Same with reviews here, find someone you can relate too.

Glad the $650 isn’t the street price. Will be interesting to see people’s results with this one.

I watched the @Club Champion videos last night on the two 10K drivers (Ping & TM) just released by @ianfrasergolf & @mikeclubc
Their comment on both of them was that they didn't really work at higher ball speeds (160 Ball Speed) as the GC numbers indicated.
Once Ian dialed back his speed did the drivers start fitting in the "Preferred Launch and Spin Window"

It was in their opinion (I believe I have this correct) that both of the 10K Drivers were designed and set up for the "Buy it off the Shelf" crowd.
Ian hit his G430 Max so much better than the GMax 10K. Granted it was fitted by him however the 10K just wasn't design for him or the type of player he his.

You have this correct, Great driver but that 10k at a certain speed is just kicks up the spin too much... Great driver but 9˚ Max is such a beast.

Question @Jman - As OEMs push this 10K MOI limit, could putting lead tape on this driver or the Qi10 driver make it non-conforming?

You have this correct, Great driver but that 10k at a certain speed is just kicks up the spin too much... Great driver but 9˚ Max is such a beast.
See, I pay attention!
real housewives GIF by RealityTVGIFs

That is the reason why I have a handful of guys I’ll watch for reviews. You get the beast opinion and how the club works for Matt. You might pretty much match up with Rick Shiels or Michael Newton’s swing numbers and relate to them and compare their opinions to yourself. Or you find the Average Golfer with lower numbers and see what he thinks.

I really like The Average Golfer reviews on YouTube. This guy is like most of us JAGs.

Question @Jman - As OEMs push this 10K MOI limit, could putting lead tape on this driver or the Qi10 driver make it non-conforming?
It absolutely could if you put enough around the perimeter.

One review said it was longer heel to toe than the g430 max for more forgiveness.

Hit this one today. No numbers at the golf expo I was at though.

I had my usual toe miss going and I could tell it was very stable on impact. The one I did square up felt really nice. I didn’t mind the sound at all if my I’m honest.

I do think it looks a little busy over the ball but the shaping is fine for me.

IMG_8091.jpeg
IMG_8092.jpeg

Surprised no one posted this one….

Enjoy! Wondering when Ian puts the 10k in the bag…. 😉

For reference….

Ian’s “gamer”…
IMG_0523.jpeg

IMG_0524.png

Last edited:
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going to hold out for the 401(k) version.

You know ….the one where you have to cash in your 401(k) to get an extra 3 yards…. but when your ball passes your buddies, you know it’s the best money ever spent.

I'm a legit poor driver and high spin. I probably need this club.

For this reason I wish Shiels would have more average golfers on his channel.

Looks amazing except for the "slightly louder" sound. I find the 430 Max loud and if this louder, just dont know. And I love Ping drivers, but been turned off since the 410...

The price on these is just stupid. $900 +tax CAD. I can that working against sales.

The price on these is just stupid. $900 +tax CAD. I can that working against sales.
We discussed price on the first page of the thread. In the US it’s right in line with other major oems.

XXIO 12 X Black - $699
TM Qi10 LS - $629.99
Mizuno ST-G 440 $599
430 Max 10K $599
TM Qi10 - $599
Smoke AI - $599
TSR Series - $599

We discussed price on the first page of the thread. In the US it’s right in line with other major oems.

XXIO 12 X Black - $699
TM Qi10 LS - $629.99
Mizuno ST-G 440 $599
430 Max 10K $599
TM Qi10 - $599
Smoke AI - $599
TSR Series - $599
remember when people used to hate on the price of XXIO and Honma?

remember when people used to hate on the price of XXIO and Honma?
Guess there will be a market for anything as long as people are willing to pay for it

I wonder how much the retailer pays for a $900 ping club?

Back