PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

I am torn with this driver. In my hands on a sim it is the straightest and the most forgiving of the new drivers, just a little too spinny and slightly shorter than others. The big head visual is OK, and the sound is better than I expected. At a minimum I would need to loft down to 8°, and there may be a shaft combo I haven't tried that knocks off a little spin. I need to spend more time with it. Part of me wants to get a 10.5° and use it in place of my 3 wood. It really is impressive how straight this thing is.

I am torn with this driver. In my hands on a sim it is the straightest and the most forgiving of the new drivers, just a little too spinny and slightly shorter than others.

By others. Which drivers are you referring to ? I’ve hit most of this years “max” drivers and the Ping has been the lowest spinning by a good margin. Actually with it I had to go up to a 12* head to get the same launch and spin as the 10.5 maxes in other brands.

By others. Which drivers are you referring to ? I’ve hit most of this years “max” drivers and the Ping has been the lowest spinning by a good margin. Actually with it I had to go up to a 12* head to get the same launch and spin as the 10.5 maxes in other brands.

I tend to be a higher spin player. I currently hit the rogue st triple diamond @ 9°. For me the ai smoke max @ 9° is lower spin than the ping max 10k @ 8°. qi10 max was similar to the ping for me. I am just getting started in my testing.

I believe it’s not the lowest spin option. For me, it’s probably ten yards shorter vs my best LST drives. The difference, and my goal, is to hit straighter and find more fairways. And so far, I’ve met that goal and exceeded my expectations. I’m still tinkering with shafts as my setup with a HZRDUS 4G @44.75” is good but launching too high to maximize total distance. I’m going to try a Tour 2.0 black and possibly a Ventus Black soon to bring down launch and hopefully spin. I also have a couple rear weights (-3g and -6g from stock) to mess with as well. But boy do I have confidence again off the tee that I’ve missed for the past couple of seasons, and I know my scores will show it this year.

Accra shaft and a 25g weight in the head missed 1 fairway this morning. It was a beautiful thing.
Nice. Which shaft?

FX 3.0 140 M0. It should not work well at my club speed (105 ish), but it does anyway. :unsure: Playing it at 7.5 degrees of loft, 25g back weight, D-3 swing weight.
I have tried that shaft a bit. It launches and spins lower than expected.

FX 3.0 140 M0. It should not work well at my club speed (105 ish), but it does anyway. :unsure: Playing it at 7.5 degrees of loft, 25g back weight, D-3 swing weight.
How is that shaft working in the 10k head?

What are you playing in your fairway woods? Has the 140 m0 influenced that?

Last edited:
I got fit into a G430 Max last year with a great custom club fitter. I hit everything and it clearly was the best fit.

I couldn't help myself. I had to text him and ask about the 10k and if it was a significant upgrade. He's a straight shooter and has talked me out of spending more money rather than push sales.

He texted me back and said yeah, it's blowing everything away for a lot of golfers and is a significant upgrade.

I love the G430...best driver I've had since the G400 Max but now I'm curious....

I got fit into a G430 Max last year with a great custom club fitter. I hit everything and it clearly was the best fit.

I couldn't help myself. I had to text him and ask about the 10k and if it was a significant upgrade. He's a straight shooter and has talked me out of spending more money rather than push sales.

He texted me back and said yeah, it's blowing everything away for a lot of golfers and is a significant upgrade.

I love the G430...best driver I've had since the G400 Max but now I'm curious....
I would be worth a try if you are not already a proficient ball striker.

Well 2-3 weeks until my home course opens and I can get this club out on course.

I’m seeing a few on FB Marketplace in the $350 range like new. Pretty funny for a club that just came out at what..$600?

I’m seeing a few on FB Marketplace in the $350 range like new. Pretty funny for a club that just came out at what..$600?
Beware the Marketplace...
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/eXOVOJLkK6G7S" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

It was an expensive Saturday.
Got a 10k 12* coming this week.

I have an Accra fx 3 140 m0 together with a ping tip. Should be a good combo. It's sitting at 45.25".

I have an Accra fx 3 140 m0 together with a ping tip. Should be a good combo. It's sitting at 45.25".
Going straight up Otto Phlex with it ??

Yep pretty close but I hear the Accra is more stable.
Interesting combo. I didn't think the Pings lent themselves well to those light weight, longer, weaker flex shaft Auto Flex type setups because of the heavier heads. I thought the overall swing weight for an Auto Flex ideally was supposed to be around a D0, but might have my info mixed up

Interesting combo. I didn't think the Pings lent themselves well to those light weight, longer, weaker flex shaft Auto Flex type setups because of the heavier heads. I thought the overall swing weight for an Auto Flex ideally was supposed to be around a D0, but might have my info mixed up
Mine is at D0.5 at 45.25" and a mid mcc+4 grip.

I ordered mine yesterday. 10.5 with R flex proforce v2. Aaaaaand now we wait………..

f6682d32c68060e1ca59ad3e748d86d0.png

I ordered mine yesterday. 10.5 with R flex proforce v2. Aaaaaand now we wait………..

f6682d32c68060e1ca59ad3e748d86d0.png
Could be worse. You could have ordered a Bettinardi lol

Could be worse. You could have ordered a Bettinardi lol

Does this mean I should be a golf bag’s half full instead of half empty kind of guy? Lol

Back