I play the 525's and very happy with them. Dont understand the sound issue. When i flush them i feel a click and maybe hear a click. Sounds good to me! I saw these 530's the other day in the PGA store. Pretty much identical to the 525's

I’m pretty deep in this rabbit hole now any chance someone can translate :LOL:

1000060336.jpg

Definitely bigger overall than things like 245, and looking around the most comparable hollow body I could find on size is the Forged Tec X. Less elegant in the toe maybe, but I think the 530 looks noticeably cleaner over the ball.

1000060337.jpg

530 on the left.

Welp… went to get fit today with eyes on 245’s or ZX5’s…. And these out performed all of them by leaps and bounds. The sound and feel are spectacular. Never thought I’d have Pings in the bag…. But they’ll be here is 2 weeks or so. New era for me and couldn’t be more excited based on today’s experience.

Welp… went to get fit today with eyes on 245’s or ZX5’s…. And these out performed all of them by leaps and bounds. The sound and feel are spectacular. Never thought I’d have Pings in the bag…. But they’ll be here is 2 weeks or so. New era for me and couldn’t be more excited based on today’s experience.
Fitting in 3hrs and I’m ecstatic!

That is awesome to hear. What about them beat out those other two?

That is awesome to hear. What about them beat out those other two?
I was MuchMore consistent with those than the others. He played around with shaft as well and we stayed x100 but went with 120 g vs 132 g. Ball speed jumped up to 125 average with distance up to to 190 yards versus my current gamers at 118 BS and 175 yards.

welcome to the dark side

I was MuchMore consistent with those than the others. He played around with shaft as well and we stayed x100 but went with 120 g vs 132 g. Ball speed jumped up to 125 average with distance up to to 190 yards versus my current gamers at 118 BS and 175 yards.
Very cool. What others did you end up trying?

Very cool. What others did you end up trying?
went in thinking I wanted Mizuno 245, but also tried ZX5, and Blueprint S. I let the fitter do his job and wasnt set on anything once we got going

Had my fitting today and have been looking forward to trying these as they check the boxes I hoped for on the visuals and was really pleased with the performance we were able to create out of them. I’m a low hitter with even less spin so my goal was to increase both with my fitting. I tried the T200’s, Callaway Pro’s, and compared my ZX5 gamers to these and they killed the others in ball speed. I was able to produce 8 MPH ball speed over my irons and the Pro’s with a stock setup. The peak height was highest of the 4 but still not high enough for what I was looking for as so was the spin so the fitter and I got creative by making them retro spec’d as well as going lighter in shaft weight to produce a more favorable launch that I need for my swing. Was able to improve my spin in the mid to high 3000’s to the mid to high 5000’s by making these changes. Will be looking into ball choices to help get over the last little bit I need to hit my optimal goals. Ordered 6-G and really looking forward to getting these in hand and on the course. Will say the sound and feel on these has been greatly improved over the 525’s as well the toe height was shrunk a bit to give a great presentation against the ball.

Had my fitting today and have been looking forward to trying these as they check the boxes I hoped for on the visuals and was really pleased with the performance we were able to create out of them. I’m a low hitter with even less spin so my goal was to increase both with my fitting. I tried the T200’s, Callaway Pro’s, and compared my ZX5 gamers to these and they killed the others in ball speed. I was able to produce 8 MPH ball speed over my irons and the Pro’s with a stock setup. The peak height was highest of the 4 but still not high enough for what I was looking for as so was the spin so the fitter and I got creative by making them retro spec’d as well as going lighter in shaft weight to produce a more favorable launch that I need for my swing. Was able to improve my spin in the mid to high 3000’s to the mid to high 5000’s by making these changes. Will be looking into ball choices to help get over the last little bit I need to hit my optimal goals. Ordered 6-G and really looking forward to getting these in hand and on the course. Will say the sound and feel on these has been greatly improved over the 525’s as well the toe height was shrunk a bit to give a great presentation against the ball.
Welcome to the club!

Angry Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

wow, sounds like they worked well! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts once they get delivered.

What shaft and flex did you go with ?

Didn't you say you wanted to go graphite this year? I play the 120X100 so I don't have to do the full weight X1 too. I think it's a good compromise.

What shaft and flex did you go with ?
Regular, typically play 105g regular as I like to feel the shaft through the whole swing so we went 75g to exaggerate the launch which helped out a bit.

Regular, typically play 105g regular as I like to feel the shaft through the whole swing so we went 75g to exaggerate the launch which helped out a bit.
Ah cool. Which 75g shaft ?
Did you get fit with 7i or 6i ?

Ah cool. Which 75g shaft ?
Did you get fit with 7i or 6i ?
They’re all 7i in their fitting cart, went steel to keep the original Ping cost down and will be soft stepping Kinetixx Trajectories to get a livelier tip.

Didn't you say you wanted to go graphite this year? I play the 120X100 so I don't have to do the full weight X1 too. I think it's a good compromise.
I did… then he spotted an “internet golfer” and talked me into letting him do his job and got me into what i should be in.

They’re all 7i in their fitting cart, went steel to keep the original Ping cost down and will be soft stepping Kinetixx Trajectories to get a livelier tip.

I did something similar to this, I bought a set of I230 heads last summer and bought Kinetixx Trajectory A flex shafts and put in those. I was pleased with the launch they had.

Got a heads up the 26th looks to be my special day 🤞

Got a heads up the 26th looks to be my special day 🤞
Clubs were delayed a bit but received a message saying these should be in tomorrow and am really excited to see the rest of the set especially the wedges.

Clubs were delayed a bit but received a message saying these should be in tomorrow and am really excited to see the rest of the set especially the wedges.
cannot wait for your feedback

Back